Bills interested in Tarvaris Jackson?

bizell

I'm glad you got it. Would you make the same deal in hindsight? Of course I wouldn't have made the RJ trade in hindsight either. :lol:

I know that Drew Bledsoe is not popular here, but the 2004 season was one exciting season. I would have loved to see Drew get one more shot in 2005. There was so much mojo to build on. Instead we got JP and Holcomb and haven't been near as good since. Ranks up there as one of the dumbest Bills moves. The RJ trade though, no way.

As far as what I've seen of Tavaris Jackson over the last few years and what I've seen of Fitz so far in preseason, I'd take Fitz over TJ all day long. I have no desire to get TJ. Let someone else have him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Bills are truly interested, it appears that they would be looking at him as a Wildcat QB in the mold of Vick. He has a very similar skill set as Vick and is a major upgrade over Roscoe as the Wildcat QB. He's cheap, young, and has plenty of upside. Not sure why everyone is bashing TJ. Most importantly from the fan's perspective, he is actually fun to watch. I'm getting a little sick of this dink and dunk 3 and out offense we are running. He might change that - he might not. After 9 straight seasons without the playoffs maybe change is a good thing.

If the Bills are truly interested, it appears that they would be looking at him as a Wildcat QB in the mold of Vick. He has a very similar skill set as Vick and is a major upgrade over Roscoe as the Wildcat QB. He's cheap, young, and has plenty of upside. Not sure why everyone is bashing TJ. Most importantly from the fan's perspective, he is actually fun to watch. I'm getting a little sick of this dink and dunk 3 and out offense we are running. He might change that - he might not. After 9 straight seasons without the playoffs maybe change is a good thing.

Not sure DJ and Shonert know what a wildcat offense is, much less being able to implement one.

See if someone wants Youboty in trade as he's probably not going to make our team. I still think that La Canfora is reading too many message boards and creating his own news.

This is probably another case of our Front office and Coachng staff to make their decisions early so that they can look for such trades....We may be able to get 5th, 6th and 7th Rds for some of our WRs, TE and CBs who are not going to make this team. But due to the delay in making up their minds, they will just have to cut them on Sept 1st.

Why the heck wouldn't the Bills be interested ?

He's a solid NFL QB with tons of potential. In my opinions he is 100x better than Fitz as a backup and could push/replace Trent if he struggles this year or gets injured. This is a make or break year for the coaching staff, they are going to want to be confident in the backup QB given the fact that most starting QBs do not stay healthy for all 16 games.

I think Buffalo would be absolutely crazy not to atleast monitor the situation and see what it would cost to get him.

The local media and a vocal element in the fan base are not mature enough to deal with a QB controversy and would create such disenssion that it would hurt the development of both QBs. I do not see the Bills fostering this.

You guys know how I hate to be the barer of facts, but his numbers were actually very good last year for having only 5 starts:

http://www.nfl.com/players/tarvarisjackson...amp;season=2008

Still turns the ball over too much, but he's shown significant improvement. I may be among the minority, but I think he could compete with Edwards right now (not that it's a real possibility).

You guys know how I hate to be the barer of facts, but his numbers were actually very good last year for having only 5 starts:

http://www.nfl.com/players/tarvarisjackson...amp;season=2008

Still turns the ball over too much, but he's shown significant improvement. I may be among the minority, but I think he could compete with Edwards right now (not that it's a real possibility).

TD : INT looks great, but upon closer inspection, he averages a sack for every 10 attempts. That was with a pretty decent O-line, and an awesome running game.

(Trent's numbers last year, 23 sacks in 374 attempts.)

Stats are facts, but they can be interpreted in many different ways. Another fact is that Sage Rosenfels was brought in to challenge for the starting job. As for opinions, most people here seem to think he had one of the best surrounding casts in the league for the past two years, and he hasn't accomplished much.

The biggest problem i'd have with Tavaris Jackson is we'd still have the same bumbling band of idiots on the sidelines trying to "develop" him. For his sake, send TJ to a team that actually knows how to run an offense and develop a QB.