Scott Norwood signing autographs

Beerball

Link

Former Buffalo Bills kicker Scott Norwood is scheduled to make a rare WNY appearance Sept. 20 during the Sports Card & Memorabilia Expo at the Hearthstone Manor in Depew. He’ll be signing autographs from 11:45 a.m. to 1:45 p.m. $10 per autograph or photo. Note: Don’t bring any Super Bowl XXV memorabilia. He won’t sign it.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To post number 2,3 and 4-you are all acting like bull headed fools. It has been how many years has it been and you would punch him in the face? Over a game? A game that you were not part of? Thats the problem with sports fans, you all take a good thing and take it to seriously.

I would personally like to shake his hand and thank him for the pro bowl season he had.

Good god. You are all losers.

PS-super bowl xxv merchandise would be sweet to have signed. he should do that...

"Scott Norwood?? He is our patron saint! We will all be in line hours before the signing starts!!"

Regards,

Dick Jauron, Gregg Williams, Mike Mularkey, Jim Ringo, Kay Stephenson, Hank Bullough, Harvey Johnson, John Rauch, and the endless parade of loser Bills coaches of the future...

WAR to Ralph Wilson someday realizing he can get a better result from spending $7 million on a good coach as he can by spending $30 million on good players

To post number 2,3 and 4-you are all acting like bull headed fools. It has been how many years has it been and you would punch him in the face? Over a game? A game that you were not part of? Thats the problem with sports fans, you all take a good thing and take it to seriously.

I would personally like to shake his hand and thank him for the pro bowl season he had.

Good god. You are all losers.

PS-super bowl xxv merchandise would be sweet to have signed. he should do that...

So you are calling out sports fans posting on a team website for negative opinions about a player from their home team? Are you a complete idiot?

If it's just a game, one that you are not part of, why are you posting here ?

BTW - I never said I personally would "punch him in the face", I simply suggested that there is probably some bad blood left in the WNY area.

So take your self-righteous opinions and shove 'em. :o

So you are calling out sports fans posting on a team website for negative opinions about a player from their home team? Are you a complete idiot?

BTW - I never said I personally would "punch him in the face", I simply suggested that there is probably some bad blood left in the WNY area.

lol...your post proved my point.

it is a game i enjoy-but not to the point where i am wishing ill will bc a player isnt perfect. i bet you do everything in life to perfection dont you? ....and i am self-righteous?....lol

and no, you did not imply you would punch him...but he is not to be compared to modell, he didnt personally destroy a franchise. he missed a freakin field goal which typically happens in every nfl game

Umm, the guy before you talked about punching him, and the reply was to all of you.

Of course, being the moron that you apparently are, I guess you didn't get that.

I met Scott Norwood a few years ago at a conference in Tysons Corner, VA. When our mutual acquaintance mentioned I was from Buffalo, I could see the recoil in his entire body language. He's been hounded for years by people that just can't let it go, especially the media. I assured him that I was a big fan, thanked him for the NUMEROUS game-winning FGs over the years (how about when he clinched the division against the Jets), and that the spirit in Niagara Square after SBXXV was STILL prevalent in Buffalo.

Except for some of the cyber-p*ssies around here, I'm still willing to bet that's the case. Knowledgeable football fans know what lost that game for the Bills.

As an aside to Haven Moses, my bet is that you're newly discovered cyber-balls would get rammed down your neck by Norwood should you actually try punching him in the face. But something tells me you wouldn't get within 47 yards of Norwood before wimping out on your challenge.

GO BILLS!!!

Shame on anyone who still "blames" Scott Norwood for missing a 47-yard FG with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Pro kickers make what, 50% of those? It was a coin toss at best.

Shame on Norwood, however, for refusing to sign XXV memorabilia. That's what made him a household name, and he should embrace it -- particularly 18 years later.

Shame on anyone who still "blames" Scott Norwood for missing a 47-yard FG with the weight of the world on his shoulders. Pro kickers make what, 50% of those? It was a coin toss at best.

Less than a coin toss, in Norwood's case. He was a highly accurate kicker, but never had great range. A 47-yarder for him was iffy, at best.

Never held it against him, though. That was the kind of kicker he was, I had no problem with that then, and still don't. Given the kind of kicker he was, it's the offense's fault for not getting him another 7 yards closer.

Less than a coin toss, in Norwood's case. He was a highly accurate kicker, but never had great range. A 47-yarder for him was iffy, at best.

Never held it against him, though. That was the kind of kicker he was, I had no problem with that then, and still don't. Given the kind of kicker he was, it's the offense's fault for not getting him another 7 yards closer.

Best post of the thread IMO!

He never made a 47-yarder on grass at the time of the FG try.

On that drive Bills lost a precious 12 seconds when the refs stopped the game to review McKeller's shoestring grab.