Official game day thread - Bills vs. Packers

• Replies 630
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, he looks special. very active. this might have been a steal. i like his height (6'2) and the leverage he uses. good balance, good closing speed. ellison to the bench. of course perry loves his ellison.

He has stood out every game. It's time to get him some reps with the 1st stringers

Stat of the week, from Mark Gaughan's deadline piece: http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/772033.html

The game was the first outing for the Buffalo offense against a hostile crowd and the first game against a 3-4 defense. The Bills were 1-8 against the 3-4 defense last season.

Knew it was bad, but 1-8?!? Yikes.

Nope!

Seriously, why would we try to practice something that we might need to win a game.

EDIT: Why in the name of all things holy are we using our timeouts but we won't try an onside kick?

It's Dead Dick Ball!!!

Oh how I can't wait for similar shenanigans this Season!!! What fun we'll all have! Fun for the whole Family! <_<

No, they are scared of Eric Studesville's running game plan.

WHO THE F IS ERIC STUDESVILLE? Let me guess, he is related to Ralph Wilson or some member of the Buffalo Club or the Saturn CLub?

Brady and the Pats are watching this game, licking their chops and laughing their asses off waiting for week 1 to get here. <_<

It looked like Hamdan was trying to protect the ball a bit too much on a couple of those throws (notice how he all delivered them a bit short, away from defenders), in the end he did drive the team down the field twice for 2 TD's. Also he was the only one from our QB's that didn't turn the ball over.

It looked like Hamdan was trying to protect the ball a bit too much on a couple of those throws (notice how he all delivered them a bit short, away from defenders), in the end he did drive the team down the field twice for 2 TD's.

"Statistically, the team that has the fewer turnovers wins most of the time. It's really important to protect the football when you have it. We work on it. We work hard on it. On Friday, we did a great job with that, I think." Another Jauron moment brought to you by the makers of Ex-Lax.

"Statistically, the team that has the fewer turnovers wins most of the time. It's really important to protect the football when you have it. We work on it. We work hard on it. On Friday, we did a great job with that, I think." Another Jauron moment brought to you by the makers of Ex-Lax.

But he's right. His disciplined team committed 4 more turnovers.

Jauron squarely placed it on the shoulders of TE, just as he should have. Good comment by DJ. "You can't play timid out there." He thought the protections were adequate (so did I) and that TE was late a few times (as did I). Go ahead and rip Jauron a new one for his tiresome cliches but he was absolutely correct in those comments.

GO BILLS!!!

Jauron squarely placed it on the shoulders of TE, just as he should have. Good comment by DJ. "You can't play timid out there." He thought the protections were adequate (so did I) and that TE was late a few times (as did I). Go ahead and rip Jauron a new one for his tiresome cliches but he was absolutely correct in those comments.

GO BILLS!!!

I won't rip DJ for saying Edwards played timid, I'll rip DJ for instilling that attitude into all of his players in the first place.

But he's right. His disciplined team committed 4 more turnovers.

Just have to get back to work. Maybe the ball will bounce our way next time.

Seriously: Yes, he is right. But, there is a ginormous difference between playing afraid of your own shadow, checking down every pass, etc. and having the cojones to go out and beat someone. Give me the guy that fearlessly takes a shot at making a play that wasn't even supposed to be there, ala Ben Roethlisberger, any damn day.

GO BILLS!!!

Playing timid? DJ and his coaches cannot help but impart a timidity onto many of their players. They coach scared, and it's no surprise some players, particularly TE, play scared. They don't take shots down the field, the defense won't blitz much, and physically they're dominated more often than not at the line of scrimmage.

Conservative football is for the fourth quarter when you're up 21 points. The Bills seem to have a habit under DJ of playing that way until they're down big.

Just have to get back to work. Maybe the ball will bounce our way next time.

Seriously: Yes, he is right. But, there is a ginormous difference between playing afraid of your own shadow, checking down every pass, etc. and having the cojones to go out and beat someone. Give me the guy that fearlessly takes a shot at making a play that wasn't even supposed to be there, ala Ben Roethlisberger, any damn day.

Give me Big Ben and Tomlin.

Playing timid? DJ and his coaches cannot help but impart a timidity onto many of their players. They coach scared, and it's no surprise some players, particularly TE, play scared. They don't take shots down the field, the defense won't blitz much, and physically they're dominated more often than not at the line of scrimmage.

Conservative football is for the fourth quarter when you're up 21 points. The Bills seem to have a habit under DJ of playing that way until they're down big.

Fire Jauron now. Let Bobby April take over. We would see a huge difference in the attitude of this team.