What Bills would start on a contending team?

zazie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This question was posed on another thread by gfland1

Interesting quesiotn I can think of 4 sure fire and one maybe:

TO

Evans

Mcgee

Stroud

Wood if he is as good as he seems

Anyone else?

For the ProBowl or for a playoff team? If you think every playoff team is stacked with talent, you might want to take a closer look.

For the ProBowl or for a playoff team? If you think every playoff team is stacked with talent, you might want to take a closer look.

No, just a player that would be starting for sure for a playoff team of last year, say Pitt or Tennessee. Not probowl or anything, a solid starter is all.

Almost all could start for the right contending team, depending on that team's situation. Player personnel-wise, IMO the main difference between contending teams & the Bills is that contending teams have a number of high impact difference makers, while the Bills have hardly any, especially on D where I don't see any right now. And the difference between championship teams & contending teams (again, player-personnel wise) is that not only are their impact players better/more of, but they don't have any truly suck players starting. So if the Bills want to make a run at a championship, they have to add more impact players & eliminate the starters who suck, the average players like Mitchell & McGee can hold their own... new coaches and new D-scheme would help too lol.

Many players could be plugged into a good system and thrive. You could take a bunch of the Bills and put them in NE or Pitt and they would be great.

Yeah. Poz, Langston Walker (at RT, not LT) and Brad Butler (at RG, not RT). Marshawn. Josh Reed.

And that's not counting guys who haven't proved it yet, but are very young but look like there's a possibility that they could very quickly reach that level. Trent, McKelvin, Wood, Freddy Jackson ...

And one other I can think of who might be good enough, but we haven't seen enough to be sure. Hangartner.

I agree that it's about impact guys. IMHO Stroud is the only one on defense, but we won't see it until we have another. You have to hope that Maybin can become another. T.O. looks like one and Lee too, but they're the only ones on offense and with recievers you have to have the line give the QB time enough to get them the ball.

Lynch for sure. Schobel for sure. Kawiki Mitchell was starting on the team that won the Super Bowl a year ago so him for sure. Poz is highly likely. Whitner is highly likely. Walker is a decent bet. Wood is even a decent bet.

Surely it matters if, say, a team has three good LBs already not Poz and Mitchell would start, but if those same teams had weaknesses other places, other Bills may enter the picture.

This question was posed on another thread by gfland1

Interesting quesiotn I can think of 4 sure fire and one maybe:

TO

Evans

Mcgee

Stroud

Wood if he is as good as he seems

Anyone else?

Edwards could easily start on a playoff team.

Yeah. Poz, Langston Walker (at RT, not LT) and Brad Butler (at RG, not RT). Marshawn. Josh Reed.

And that's not counting guys who haven't proved it yet, but are very young but look like there's a possibility that they could very quickly reach that level. Trent, McKelvin, Wood, Freddy Jackson ...

And one other I can think of who might be good enough, but we haven't seen enough to be sure. Hangartner.

I agree that it's about impact guys. IMHO Stroud is the only one on defense, but we won't see it until we have another. You have to hope that Maybin can become another. T.O. looks like one and Lee too, but they're the only ones on offense and with recievers you have to have the line give the QB time enough to get them the ball.

Stroud can be one on a good day, but he wasn't consistent last year, more on than off though. I chalk some of it up to some of the garbage he was surrounded by. T.O. is definitely one, and I think Lee & Marshawn (& maybe even Trent & Freddy) can be as well. I, like everyone else, am really looking forward to seeing what Wood can do this year; if things pan out, you can add him to the impact player list before too long.

How many Steelers would start on a playoff team if you removed them from Pittsburgh's system? Big Ben, Holmes, Ward, and Polamulu. And don't gimme Harrison. He was so impressive he was undrafted and cut by teh Steelers.
If you don't think Harrison could start on many playoff teams, you need to stop reading draft reviews and start watching games. Try it, you may learn something. :nana:

Every one of our starters could start on a contender. Even some of our backups could start for other contenders. Remember Jim Leonhard?

Excellent point. That's why, without looking at every playoff team and breaking them down by position, can the question be answered. Honestly, if this question were posed when he was on our squad, who would have listed Leonhard?

GO BILLS!!!

If you don't think Harrison could start on many playoff teams, you need to stop reading draft reviews and start watching games. Try it, you may learn something. :nana:

Stop. He was a nobody before the last 2 seasons. Every team in the league could have had him and no one wanted him. Sure now after he played and produced he would be valued. But he wasn't before. LeBeau's system makes average players good and good ones great.

How many Steelers would start on a playoff team if you removed them from Pittsburgh's system? Big Ben, Holmes, Ward, and Polamulu. And don't gimme Harrison. He was so impressive he was undrafted and cut by teh Steelers.

Yeah, Tom Brady wouldn't start either, he was just a 6th rounder.

Stop. He was a nobody before the last 2 seasons. Every team in the league could have had him and no one wanted him. Sure now after he played and produced he would be valued. But he wasn't before. LeBeau's system makes average players good and good ones great.
Stop. Johnny Unitas was drafted by the Steelers and got cut. Everybody in the league could have had him and nobody wanted him. Sure now after he played and produced he was valued. But he wasn't before. Weeb Eubank's system made average players good and good ones great. :nana: