Kelsay and Wood Wrestle

JoeF

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Wawrow told me Kelsay was the first guy battling with Wood. By the time everything cleared up enough for me to see them, 70 had moved on to mixing it up with McCargo. Those two also had to be pulled apart, with 97 circling back to make one final comment to the rookie.

Highlight of the practice. Give me four more like Wood, and the Bills will have the best line in the league. Told Chuck Pollock afterward, "That kid's going to be the best lineman on the team by midseason."

He didn't disagree.

it all starts up front.

This team has been soft for waaaaay too long.

I couldn't agree more.

I also agree with Lori except this one caveat. I want about 7 more just like EW. 4 for the Offensive and 3 more for the Defensive lines. (i think Stroud is just fine as he is thank you). You win in this league by controlling the LOS. PERIOD!

sign wood to a 10yr deal

Another voice of reason!

Although, I would like to see him in a few regular season games before we put him in the HOF. If the dude plays this year and next like he has so far, than i absolutely think we need to lock him up long term before he costs too much to keep. <_< <_<

kelsay is not "awful". he's no superstar, and his contract is worth more than he deserves, but at the time the FO was setting examples: if you show up and work hard and are happy with being here, we'll pay you.

but he's not awful.

Yes. he is and has been since day one. Against the run he is very average, as a pass rucher he is non existant and brings zero.

Maybe as a human being he is great, I don't know. As an nfl player, he is awful. Show up for work be damned. That contract they gave him was somewhat racist in my JMO. Like the knicks always used to pay a white guy that coulnd't play to sit on the bench so the fans wouldn't call them the NY _______bockers. Still happening in the NBA by the way, bunch of tall white dudes sitting on benches all over.

kelsay is not "awful". he's no superstar, and his contract is worth more than he deserves, but at the time the FO was setting examples: if you show up and work hard and are happy with being here, we'll pay you.

but he's not awful.

ok, he's not "awful", he's "terrible" relative to his contract.

better?

i think it's sweet that you found your own little racist corner of the forum.

<_<

racist how? it is not me that used to call the knicks that. I have questioned Kelsays contract since day one and I am not alone on wondering the basis of it.

racist how? it is not me that used to call the knicks that. I have questioned Kelsays contract since day one and I am not alone on wondering the basis of it.

It was a joke, zz

He's an awful starting defensive end. His percieved ability as a run stopper is overrated. Watch the guy closely he bites on more end arounds, and lacks agility to protect on outside runs. If he can crash upfield he can hold his own, but when he has to move laterally he's terrible. He has zero pass rush ability, and he's not someone you have to account for at all. A guy who for all intents and purposes will only get you 2-3 sacks a season is indeed "awful". His 06 season with 5.5 sacks was more of a mirage, than a glimpse of what he could do in a so called good year. It's far past the time where he should've been replaced, as he continues to hurt the Bills defense.

I agree completely.

Kelsay is awful.

I watched every snap he was on the field and he hasn't improved in the last four years. He is still terrible.

The Bills pass rush is still non-existent.

Since when does not being a good pass rusher make one a pansy?

"What do you mean he's not a good pass rusher? Kelsay is a great pass rusher...he does what he is supposed to do...get to the QB and then not make the tackle, just like me."

Sincerely,

Mathias Kiwanuka

WAR Michael Crabtree signing so the Bills can finally sign Maybin and avoid a season long holdout

WAR TO dancing on the Patriot logo at midfield after his 3rd touchdown of the night

and WAR Tom Brady going down with another season ending knee injury in the first quarter of the first game

PS:

Make the world a better place, punch Bill Bellichick in the face...

Yes. he is and has been since day one. Against the run he is very average, as a pass rucher he is non existant and brings zero.

Maybe as a human being he is great, I don't know. As an nfl player, he is awful. Show up for work be damned. That contract they gave him was somewhat racist in my JMO. Like the knicks always used to pay a white guy that coulnd't play to sit on the bench so the fans wouldn't call them the NY _______bockers. Still happening in the NBA by the way, bunch of tall white dudes sitting on benches all over.

I'm trying to remember the name of that one white dude that rode the pines for the knicks for years in the 70s or 80s

thanks for the help, Lori.

am told, and have reported that Kelsay eventually had Rhodes in a headlock and brought him to the ground. Wood was funny talking about it afterward. look for me to add to the story.

So Kelsay decided to pick on a guy half his size, eh? Of course, being the team captain and having your ass handed to you by a rookie might not look so hot. <_<

Dude plays with a mean streak...The Bills need more players like this. #90 is a school girl.

What he said! <_<

Where's Tim Krumrie when you need him?

:lol:

Okay, Wawrow told me Kelsay was the first guy battling with Wood. By the time everything cleared up enough for me to see them, 70 had moved on to mixing it up with McCargo. Those two also had to be pulled apart, with 97 circling back to make one final comment to the rookie.

Highlight of the practice. Give me four more like Wood, and the Bills will have the best line in the league. Told Chuck Pollock afterward, "That kid's going to be the best lineman on the team by midseason."

He didn't disagree.

Very cool. So far I can't find any reason not to love this kid!! I wish the Bills had 53 players with his attitude. :P

Rhodes probably said something like, "I was able to make it into the Colts locker room last year" to McCargo....

:lol:

I like it, practicing against a player that is better than you forces you to become better...

Kelsay could use the help...Come gametime he will benefit.

Rhodes saw it the same way after his scuffle with Bowen..

"Dominic Rhodes, who was one of the principle players in the fight at practice Wednesday didn’t mind that some tempers flared feeling it might develop some mental toughness and confidence that they’ll stick up for each other.

“We hadn’t had a fight yet, it was about time, every training camp,” said Rhodes. ”Maybe that’s going to start us into what we really want to be and that’s Super Bowl champs.”

As to whether the coaches like it or not, Rhodes thinks they like it."

Now, the sad part was no ball Dick's response

“I don’t think it shows much of anything except a lack of discipline,” he said.

Seems the players are showing some attitude...and not even some Levite can put Wood into that Dick.

Ummm, let's not edit that to your liking. Here's all of the pertinent stuff;

Though the coach smiled when asked about the fights, Jauron said he's not a fan of them.

"I don't think it shows much of anything, really, except for a lack of discipline," Jauron said. "If it happens on game day it really costs you. ... It doesn't make a lot of sense, but it is human nature."

What do you want him to say? He's right if that happens in a game then an important player can be ejected. It seems he loves the attitude but wants the players to be smart when the games start to count. JMO

As has already been noted on this board, Dick Jauron (and everyone else in the front office) will almost never say what they're really thinking to a reporter. Please don't think that DJ is saying anything but what he thinks he *should* say.

Exactly! :cry:

Too bad the NBA coaches don't care about winning, just appearances. <_<

I agree completely.

Kelsay is awful.

I watched every snap he was on the field and he hasn't improved in the last four years. He is still terrible.

The Bills pass rush is still non-existent.

Hopefully that changes this year.

This was sarcasm only sorry that did not come through

although seems you are sensitive about the issue...

honestly, i do not like jokes about those motherfuc*** 70 years ago. "Sensitive" is not the right word...

This is not the first time i read here some things like that about Germany.

Sorry fot the "shut up". Of course you can say what you like....

Yes all races and cultures have done terrible terrible things. Americans ran a 400 YEAR holocaust called slavery, the brits and French were horrible in Africa and Asia and India, the portuguerse and Spanish wiped out the South American indians.

Humanity is horrible, since day one.

Germans and Serbs just come more easily to mind because their atrocities are more recent.

The Muslims are sending suicide bombers everywhere.

Although with the insane unjustified wars and the sanctioned torture initiated by W., and also with Vietnam, Americans are the worst just now and in recent history.

So don't worry.

Can't wait to read Steely's captain obvious annotations on this one...

Yes all races and cultures have done terrible terrible things. Americans ran a 400 YEAR holocaust called slavery,

Slavery is not a holocaust, nor was slavery unique to the United States. It would utterly defeat the point of slavery if all the labor was dead. Your point would've been better served if you'd used America's dislocation, destruction, and extermination of its native cultures, a highly successful campaign of genocide fueled by racial superiority that actually served as a model for Hilter to apply in eastern Europe.

but he's not awful.

How many sacks did he have last year?? How many times did he put enough pressure to force a bad pass, or more importantly an INT?? He IS awful. Sorry to be realistic...but its true. Your description of Kelsay is more fitting of Schobel.

How many sacks did he have last year?? How many times did he put enough pressure to force a bad pass, or more importantly an INT?? He IS awful. Sorry to be realistic...but its true. Your description of Kelsay is more fitting of Schobel.

He got 2 sacks closer to Bruce Smith's record last year. :blink: So, if Kelsay can play for 70 years or so, he might be able to get close to Bruce...

The one good thing I saw in the game the other night was that while Wood and Levitre may have gotten beat a few times, you never saw them stand around. They were hitting somebody all the way to the whistle. We haven't seen that for a while.

I'm surprised that McCargo gives a crap about anything. Him getting in a scrap is a positive in my eyes too.

I think it's funny that a scrap at practice is never just thought of as a scrap at practice.

It all depends on who is doing the scrapping. That determines if it was a good thing or bad thing in the eyes of the media and fans.

I think it's funny that a scrap at practice is never just thought of as a scrap at practice.

It all depends on who is doing the scrapping. That determines if it was a good thing or bad thing in the eyes of the media and fans.

TO scrapping w/ TE = Bad

EW scrapping with CK = Good

Either way the definition is silly to debate.

I'm not debating the definitions; I know the difference. The problem with conflating and lumping cherry picked social problems under a single banner word is that it diminishes the word's true meaning and ultimately the historical social ills themselves.