Is Wood that good or is Stroud slipping?

I love everything about Eric Wood so far. Everything I've seen, heard, and read about him is great. Seems to have a good attitude, tons of effort, and says and does all the right stuff, and has gotten high praise from even his training camp opponent, Marcus Stroud.

But the lingering fear I have...is that it is as much because Stroud's game is slipping as it is good work from Wood.

Stroud did good last year, but he was rarely a dominant or a game-changer, and I worry that now he's another year older, etc.

Any thoughts?

I love everything about Eric Wood so far. Everything I've seen, heard, and read about him is great. Seems to have a good attitude, tons of effort, and says and does all the right stuff, and has gotten high praise from even his training camp opponent, Marcus Stroud.

But the lingering fear I have...is that it is as much because Stroud's game is slipping as it is good work from Wood.

Stroud did good last year, but he was rarely a dominant or a game-changer, and I worry that now he's another year older, etc.

Any thoughts?

Stroud was demanding double teams for most of last yr. IMO he was the MVP of our Defense. Another thing is that Rookies are alot more fired up in training camp than 9 or 10 yr vets. Stroud has already proven himself and even though i wasnt @ camp that day, my guess is that he isnt going all out like he will come Week One.

Way too early to say for sure, but remember how well Stroud played before Schobel went out with the injury, when we had two DLs to worry about. He was a monster. Looking at his age, he probably has two to four good years left. And let's hope it's more than that.

No way to be sure, but being hopeful here is pretty realistic, IMHO.

Way too early to say for sure, but remember how well Stroud played before Schobel went out with the injury, when we had two DLs to worry about. He was a monster. Looking at his age, he probably has two to four good years left. And let's hope it's more than that.

No way to be sure, but being hopeful here is pretty realistic, IMHO.

dudes just savin all the fire up for the pats

Stroud was demanding double teams for most of last yr. IMO he was the MVP of our Defense. Another thing is that Rookies are alot more fired up in training camp than 9 or 10 yr vets. Stroud has already proven himself and even though i wasnt @ camp that day, my guess is that he isnt going all out like he will come Week One.

You got it. Stroud didn't show very much during camp or preseason last year. I watched him closely and was concerned about him going into the season. Once the season started, it was obvious that Stroud is an old pro that realizes that staying healthy is the #1 objective of the offseason.

You got it. Stroud didn't show very much during camp or preseason last year. I watched him closely and was concerned about him going into the season. Once the season started, it was obvious that Stroud is an old pro that realizes that staying healthy is the #1 objective of the offseason.

Amen ... I am sure Stroud will push Wood as he should but not to the point where he risks injuring himself.

What happens in training camp can hardly be considered a good barometer of anything.

Disagree-sure its not game mode but if a guy plays very solidly against solid opposing players in scrimmages etc it has to equate to the field to a degree.

Even though Stroud is a vet and may be taking it easy, you have to wonder if he is either just helping Wood build confidence by taking it easy or if Wood might that be good. Why would a vet let a rookie own him all day??? If if he was taking it easy, wouldn't you at least think that once or twice he would show that he still has it as a sense of pride?

A the never ending quesiton. Is it the offense doing good or the defense doing crappy......or is the defense doing good or the offense sucking.......

Or maybe it is somewhere in the middle.

Everything we have heard on Wood....EVERYTHING has been more then positive.

I personally think we are going to look back on what we did this offseason (which was basically Wood for Peters) and say we actually got the better end of that deal.

Right after L. Walker gets beat for a pressure or a sack.....one of our Running backs is going to break off a huge run because of Wood that is going to go for a score.

JMO

What happens in training camp stays in training camp. Eric's new name is Eric "Good" Wood... That's right... Ye Ole said it first, write it down

Goodwood was a British operation in WWII that was an epic failure.

Let's pick another name.

a old vet like Stroud is showing about 75% of what he has in training camp, saving that other 25% for real games- Wood on the other hand as a rookie is giving it all he has- Don't worry about Stroud, if healthy he has a lot left and don't worry about Wood he's going to be the best guard we've had since Brown- if you want to worry think about the OTs, it can curl your hair.

Overall, I agree, but I do think that at least on some of their match-ups, Stroud is really

trying hard, I mean there is such a thing as pride. So, yeah,IMO, Wood is that good,

and I don't think that Strod is slipping any.