If the Bills start out 1-3......

LIBills

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, of course not. Letting a coach go after starting 1-3 would be stupid.

If the Bills start out 1-3, which is very possible, and look bad in doing so, does the old man try to save face and let go of the corpse in trying to save the season. I say, of course not.

What do you think?

And if my aunt were my uncle...well, you know the rest.

Remember this is the NFL, and that most of the teams in this league are all around equal to each other. "Any given Sunday" might be a cliche, but it's certainly true. Who had us pegged to start last year 4-0? 5-1? Folks were praying to go 2-2 and take the division. Of course the teams that I (like many others) thought were guaranteed losses turned out to be comfortable wins. IMO, Jason Peters doesn't hold out and Trent Edwards doesn't get injured, and Buffalo's a playoff team.

So enjoy the off-season. This is the time when dreams are supposed to be made. Yeah, the Bills could go 7-9 (and according to more than a few of you, this might be overreaching). Then again, they could go 16-0...or 0-16. As Bills fans, I think we love this team because virtually no other franchise and city have suffered so much for so long, and the hope that one day, damn it, we finally pull off the big one. The taste of victory won't be as sweet without the memory of the bitterness we've lived with for so long (and that's Bills fans of all ages).

Some people always have to be negative. Ignore them. The economy sucks, it's a dangerous and uncertain world, and when I graduate college this year, I'm not sure how long it'll be until I get a job. And on top of it all I live in Buffalo :wallbash: For some (dare I say many of us) the Bills, good or bad, are one of the few things that can take us away from the daily grind and give us something truly priceless-hope.

Tim Russert, on being asked if the Bills are cursed: "Cursed? No, blessed."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PlWZDZboQw...feature=related

Enjoy.

Why do some of you insist on thinking RW will not fire Jauron!

He has fired coaches during the season in the past. He fired Wade Philips and never paid him the balance due on his contract.

Al Davis is most noted for firing coaches and then not paying them also, ask Mike Shanahan if he ever got paid the last few years on his contract, or Lane Kiffen

I'd have to say Ralph Wilson will only fire Jauron if there is enough public outcry for his head, he would have to go 0-8 at least, perhaps 1-9 might do it also. Knowing he wasted 6+ million on TO might just irk him enough to make a change.

He has fired coaches during the season in the past. He fired Wade Philips and never paid him the balance due on his contract.

Al Davis is most noted for firing coaches and then not paying them also, ask Mike Shanahan if he ever got paid the last few years on his contract, or Lane Kiffen

I'd have to say Ralph Wilson will only fire Jauron if there is enough public outcry for his head, he would have to go 0-8 at least, perhaps 1-9 might do it also. Knowing he wasted 6+ million on TO might just irk him enough to make a change.

That 6+ Million for TO was not a waste. If nothing else TO sold MANY seats & brought National attention to the Bills, but I think he will do much more. As Jim Kelly said he will light a Much Needed Fire under the team.

If the Bills start out 1-3, which is very possible, and look bad in doing so, does the old man try to save face and let go of the corpse in trying to save the season. I say, of course not.

What do you think?

RW won't fire him, and DJ won't resign.

2 more years.

Best we can hope is that he is not extended again if the Bills win a couple of games.

"AHEM...Well, clearly a tough game. We really were just caught a little bit flat-footed to start and we never really recovered. They showed us some looks we weren't expecting, and you can't really prepare for that. I thought Trent looked good. He showed real leadership and the guys are all behind him. So, we're 1 and 3, clearly not where we want to be but there's a lot of football left. We'll get back to practice, review the film and go from there."

This thread is a moot point. The Bills will scare the Pats* on MNF but lose. And my heart will be broken again. They will then go 3-0. Tampa? Get serious. New Orleans? Not so much on the road. Miami? Close, but the Wildcat isn't anyone's surprise anymore.

Here's what will REALLY happen if the Bills go 1-3. This board will

EAT ITSELF ALIVE.

I plan NOT to be here when THAT happens. This place was intolerable last November. If I want suicidal tendencies, I can go to work every day. Sheesh.

"But I Might Die Tonight" - Cat Stevens

What do you think?

the record not as important as how we play.....no one with any brains really got fooled by last yrs team which was getting kicked around by oakland and the rams for good chunks of the games.

-jauron doesnt get canned unless we are 0-6 or 1-6

That would depend on how the Bills lose 3 games. Close games no, embarrassment yes!

If the Bills are embarrassed, I have no doubt Ralph will replace the corpse.

My very first Bills game was when Joe Collier embarrassed by Oakland 48-6 in 1968 at the Rockpile and the fans where singing Good-bye Collier and of coarse Ralph had little choice but to replace him and it was only the 2nd game of the season.

Just my worthless opinion, but I believe Ralph would hire Jon Gruden.

What do you think?

I will go with 0-4 (still trying to recover from the butt raping by the Pats*... and Tom Brady will look like sh--), but who am I kiding, Im a realist!

Sept. 14 @ New England 7:00 LOSS 0 - 1 Ouch.

Sept. 20 Tampa Bay 4:05 LOSS 0 - 2

Sept. 27 New Orleans 4:05 WIN 1 - 2

Oct. 4 @ Miami 4:05 LOSS 1 - 3

1 - 3 after four games

Old Ralph is essence has put this franchise on auto-pilot with the 3 year contract given Jauron.

The Front Office will spin tough schedule, or new O-line, or QB injuries, or "2010 is the new make or break year", or

solar flares, or rookies didn't produce, or not enough talent.

Take your pick.

IMO, this team gets out of the gate strong again this year. The opening game will be a close contest. It is an unusual break for us to get NE in the opener. The *Pats are still better than us but I don't believe they are going to be running on all cylinders right off the bat. We can win that game. I won't chalk it up as a loss in July.

Tampa is a team in rebuilding mode. They might be starting a rookie at QB. They also have a rookie head coach. Tampa could suprise this year but I don't see it. The Bills should win this one.

Nawlins is one of the most overrated teams in the NFL. They are a mess defensively and one dimensional offensively. They are very good at what they do but it's not consistent. Who knows what Saints team we get. They only won 2 games last year on the road ( K.C. and Detroit). Very winnable game for us.

Miami is a solid team but not a powerhouse. The Bills should have split with them last year. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Dolphins slip quite a bit this season. Eitherway it will be another close game between these two teams.

I see the Bills at 2-2 or 3-1 after four games.

This team is NOT going to beat Nawlins. Not unless there is 8 inches of snow on the field and a howling 40 mph wind. I do think they "can" beat Tampa, but TB has traditionally had Buffalo's lunch. Still 1-3 after 4.

Probably need to bookmark any post that has "not" in all CAPS. Seriously, the Bills have a good shot at beating New Orleans at home, they will more than likely beat a decimated Bucs team, and the Miami game will be the mystery. I say the fish were a fluke last year and now teams know what to expect. 2-2 after four games. The Corpse will still be spared from the slab at that point.

That would depend on how the Bills lose 3 games. Close games no, embarrassment yes!

If the Bills are embarrassed, I have no doubt Ralph will replace the corpse.

My very first Bills game was when Joe Collier embarrassed by Oakland 48-6 in 1968 at the Rockpile and the fans where singing Good-bye Collier and of coarse Ralph had little choice but to replace him and it was only the 2nd game of the season.

Just my worthless opinion, but I believe Ralph would hire Jon Gruden.

No matter what happens, Gruden isn't going anywhere during the regular season. He's under contract for MNF. Despite a bevy of coaches with playoff experience (Shanahan, Cowher, Billick, Holmgren) Wilson will not fork out a huge contract to any coach.

Keep in mind RW directly negotiated the DJ extension in October, so I think the Bills live or die with DJ in 09. A 1-3 start does not mean the season is over anyway, although with NE, NO, and at MIA it wouldn't be out of the question. The next four games (CLE, at NYJ, at CAR, HOU) should tell the story.

A marquee name isn't a requirement to replace DJ. The Bills know their fan base don't need a huge name at HC, just someone new. Anyone would be welcomed if the season didn't result in something more than 7-9.

And what was the outcry like at the beginning of this offseason? That worked huh? :lol:

What do you think?

If the Bills start out 1-3-0.....who the hell would possibly be surprised? :lol::wallbash:

But seriously folks, if the Bills start out 1-3-0, I bet they go 6-6-0 the rest of the way! :lol::lol:

Hey, I got a million of 'em.

Honestly, if they start out 1-3-0, or even 3-1-0, remember that it will mark only the first quarter of the season. As I've done these past 9 long playoff-less seasons, I'll keep hoping until the Bills either sew up a playoff spot, or get eliminated from one.