Tarvaris Jackson

major

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that he's "been hearing talk" that Tarvaris Jackson might request a trade if and when the Vikings sign Brett Favre.

Should we get him?

No. He wasn't even going to start over Rosenfels more or less Favre.

NFL Network's Mike Lombardi reports that he's "been hearing talk" that Tarvaris Jackson might request a trade if and when the Vikings sign Brett Favre.

Should we get him?

Have you seen him play? He is not a good QB from what I have seen of him.

I'm just how people can just say he is awful. He was extremely raw (even more so than JP) coming out of college and the Vikes have toyed with him way more. This year, he threw for 9 tds and 2 ints, good enough for a 95.2 rating. When's the last tiem a Bills QB had a 9 to 2 td to int rating??? Additionally, he threw for 4 td passes on the road against the Super Bowl runner-up Cards. And this isn't with a really good receiving core.

The problem with the league is there is no patience. Becuase of insane expectations, coaches have little chance to develop players. I'm sure Childress would like to properly develop Jackson, but his job is probably on the line. But with work, TJ might be a good QB in this league.

Should we get him?

why? he stinks

I'm just how people can just say he is awful. He was extremely raw (even more so than JP) coming out of college and the Vikes have toyed with him way more. This year, he threw for 9 tds and 2 ints, good enough for a 95.2 rating. When's the last tiem a Bills QB had a 9 to 2 td to int rating??? Additionally, he threw for 4 td passes on the road against the Super Bowl runner-up Cards. And this isn't with a really good receiving core.

The problem with the league is there is no patience. Becuase of insane expectations, coaches have little chance to develop players. I'm sure Childress would like to properly develop Jackson, but his job is probably on the line. But with work, TJ might be a good QB in this league.

You are right, bring him in, we have the right coaches to nurture a performance out of this guy.

Let me say this Travaris Jackson is the worst starting QB in the NFL. Who is he to demand anything from the Vikings. I have seen Jackson play a few times (My dad is a Vikings fan) and he is dreadful. At least a guy like Alex Smith can claim his performance is tied to a really bad supporting cast.

Jackson has a very good offensive line. The best running back in the NFL. And a decent cast of targets to throw to. I have seen Travaris Jackson miss guys wide open like 10 yards down the field. Seriously I don't throw the whole I could have made that throw but I could have. There was no pressure what so ever and it was 10 yards down the field and the guy was wide open no one within 20 yards of the guy and he rushed the throw for no reason and the ball bounced off the ground 5 yards in front of the guy.

If the Vikings had Trent Edwards they would be the favorite in the division and a big player in the NFC. Not that Edwards is that great but at least he can play not to loose. Almost any QB (Maybe not Alex Smith) would be a huge upgrade over Jackson even Bret Favre is a upgrade by a serious margin.

Should we get him?

Not a chance. I think Fitzpatrick was maybe one of the worst signings of the offseason considering how fast we signed him and for how much, but even he is way better than Jackson. Jackson isn't going to get any playing time anywhere unless it is in the UFL or CFL. All the weapons he had on that team, and he was pathetic.