Last post wins!

/dev/null

OK, the area colleges/universities is where my thining was going. Don't assume that other schools don't have NSF grants for research purposes etc. Check 'em all including those around the Finger Lakes. Don't know the reqirements, but have you looked north of the border?Have you looked into opportunities on the inland waterways? Are you using every scrap of social media at your disposal?Who do you know? Who do you know that might know someone who knows someone?Have you PMed EII? He might have some ideas.

Didnt think about checking out NSF grants but Im going to get going on that. Ive looked at places like Nature Conservancy and Audobon and a few schools in the area. Social media is firing on all cylinders and I have resumes posted in more places than I can count. I have had a few conversations with people at DEC in Buffalo and someone at the EPA. Most of those have lead to taking my resume in case something opens in the future.

I dont know anything about north of the border, not quite ready to go that route just yet but I'll get an Idea. I dont know Ell at all? What does he do?

Hindsight, look about going south, too. Not just the Southern USA, but a chance to work outside the country while you are young. South America would be fun right about now.

It also wouldn't hurt to just go to some soil and water conservation offices and sign up for their tours, shows, etc. Most districts have events throughout the year and it would be a great way to network. We're a country county and we have 4 S&W folks, and a half dozen extension workers.

Hindsight, look about going south, too. Not just the Southern USA, but a chance to work outside the country while you are young. South America would be fun right about now.

It also wouldn't hurt to just go to some soil and water conservation offices and sign up for their tours, shows, etc. Most districts have events throughout the year and it would be a great way to network. We're a country county and we have 4 S&W folks, and a half dozen extension workers.

Hmm I'll have to look into the soil and conservation districts and south of the border