Last post wins!

/dev/null

I once thought about if I had ever done anything worth a ban. And after a moment or two I realized a few things. First, if I have to focus on my behavior on a random forum of mostly anonymous users then I need to readjust my priorities and remember that I could be doing better things if those things would involve inappropriate behavior. The most important thing to remember is that if you bribe a moderator with beef it might one day pay off! (In actuality, if I ever save up enough to get there I will bring anyone who'd like some beef, and anyone is always welcome to stop by the store and get some.)

See, a lot of thought goes into whether or not to ban someone. It's not a knee jerk reaction. Long time posters, who's behavior and posting styles we know and have gotten used to, we may let things slide, or just warn them. But when someone comes in and in a short amount of time pisses off a lot of people, not just moderators, and has been warned repeatedly, then it's a much easier decision on what to do with them.

And bribes help, like beef and Stromboli.

See, a lot of thought goes into whether or not to ban someone. It's not a knee jerk reaction. Long time posters, who's behavior and posting styles we know and have gotten used to, we may let things slide, or just warn them. But when someone comes in and in a short amount of time pisses off a lot of people, not just moderators, and has been warned repeatedly, then it's a much easier decision on what to do with them.

I am sure. It is a thankless job, often. This board is probably one of the best boards I have ever seen, hence, why I participate. You guys do a great job, and thanks to all who help - you guys really know your stevestojan.

And bribes help, like beef and Stromboli.

Mead, sounds like we can cause all sorts of ruckus!

So what happens to the person that is banned? How do you tell them they are banned? And how do you ensure they cant post anymore?

They are sent a PM that also gets directed to whatever email they have in their profile is how they are told. There is a check box that can be checked in their profile where we can either "approve" any posts they enter, ban from posting for a set number of hours/days, or ban indefinetly. In extreme cases, their IP address can also be entered in a block list.

They are sent a PM that also gets directed to whatever email they have in their profile is how they are told. There is a check box that can be checked in their profile where we can either "approve" any posts they enter, ban from posting for a set number of hours/days, or ban indefinetly. In extreme cases, their IP address can also be entered in a block list.

Intresting... luckily I havent had to deal that. I try to behave here :)

I would be in hopes that the moderation of posts via message approval can be reversed after a certain time has been given to show proper behavior.

You haven't caught Simples eye yet.

I would never request such info, but I do wonder who has been "warned" the most.

This thread is great, though, we can talk about anything and no one finds it. Anyone want to confess where Jimmy Hoffa is?

I would never request such info, but I do wonder who has been "warned" the most.

This thread is great, though, we can talk about anything and no one finds it. Anyone want to confess where Jimmy Hoffa is?

Just the other day heard an off the wall story that he was buried under some guys driveway in Detroit??

Just the other day heard an off the wall story that he was buried under some guys driveway in Detroit??

We all know the real truth....he got banned.

I would be in hopes that the moderation of posts via message approval can be reversed after a certain time has been given to show proper behavior.

Yes, it can be set automatically.

We all know the real truth....he got banned.

Last story I saw was they did not find anything under the driveway.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57522465-504083/jimmy-hoffa-no-visible-remains-found-in-dig-beneath-mich-driveway/