Brady and the season opener

I will be the first to say I hate hearing about everything with Brady but I was wondering if anyone had an update on his knee. Without MC it would be nice to not have to play Brady in the season opener maybe finally we will beat them. I searched online but only found info from a while back when they still had MC.

Thanks

I will be the first to say I hate hearing about everything with Brady but I was wondering if anyone had an update on his knee. Without MC it would be nice to not have to play Brady in the season opener maybe finally we will beat them. I searched online but only found info from a while back when they still had MC.

Thanks

Last I heard (month or so ago on espn.com), he was coming along great in his rehab. I fully expect him to be ready for the opener. Hopefully, he'll be rusty (but we all know he won't be).

:flirt:

Last I heard (month or so ago on espn.com), he was coming along great in his rehab. I fully expect him to be ready for the opener. Hopefully, he'll be rusty (but we all know he won't be).

:flirt:

Damn, maybe Maybin can get a good hit on him early in the game.

If you look at the results of the 1st game of the year for NE they are typically way below the rest of their season. This is obviously because they have not had a chance to steal signals of the other teams, etc. The first week is always the best week to play them.

all i have to say is.... remember the "magical Teddy Bruschi comeback performance" (who would remember there was actually a game going on at that point...)

but the return of tom brady will make the return of bruschi look like nothing.

the entire broadcast will be all about brady. :vomit:

but yes... in my honest opinion we have a good a chance as ever to beat them on the home opener, brady will be rusty, and bellicheat has not had the chance to steal signals yet

all i have to say is.... remember the "magical Teddy Bruschi comeback performance" (who would remember there was actually a game going on at that point...)

but yes... in my honest opinion we have a good a chance as ever to beat them on the home opener, brady will be rusty, and bellicheat has not had the chance to steal signals yet

+ commercials about wide right. That's par for the course on any prime-time broadcast.

Or Schobel. I think he's the leader in terms of most sacks on Tommie boy.

I don't think we have a chance of getting a hard hit on Brady* without drawing a personal foul and a fine. That is the way officiating* works versus NE* at least for the Bills. If only we had Wilfork*, but he plays for the Patsies*. Wilfork* is the only person in the world who says the normal way to fall is to stick your elbows out (to clip Losman's knee). DJ will probably tell his troops to go easy on Brady* since its hard to win in the NFL anyway and no use making Belicheat* mad since DJ may want to keep his job options open after this season. The logical thing would be not to worry about penalties or long gains but throw the kitchen sink at Brady*. But don't expect to see the Bills take that approach. Expect them to try to keep the game close by allowing Brady* all the time he needs to throw but keep a lot of men deep so that he has to beat us 8-12 yards at a time.

I'm more hopeful with Rex Ryan and the Jets against Brady* if Ryan takes after his dad.

A Tom Brady gorge-fest, mixed in with videos of Homerun Throwback to emphasize how long it's been since we've been in the playoffs. Man I can't wait for that.

I'm guessing that the Bills won't use the "no huddle" formation much against the Patsies*, no matter how much they show it in the preseason - partly because the Bellicheat* has all summer to prepare for it, but also because NE is one of the teams you do NOT want to get into a "shoot out" with, with Brady back, and all the weapons he has at his disposal. I think it will be a healthy dose of Fred Jackson, and just enough slant passes to TO and Reed to keep them honest, keep the game close, and be in a position to win it with a 4th quarter FG.

I think I've been channeling DJ! ;-(

GO BILLS!

I'm guessing that the Bills won't use the "no huddle" formation much against the Patsies*, no matter how much they show it in the preseason - partly because the Bellicheat* has all summer to prepare for it, but also because NE is one of the teams you do NOT want to get into a "shoot out" with, with Brady back, and all the weapons he has at his disposal. I think it will be a healthy dose of Fred Jackson, and just enough slant passes to TO and Reed to keep them honest, keep the game close, and be in a position to win it with a 4th quarter FG.

I think I've been channeling DJ! ;-(

GO BILLS!

I agree, you don't WANT to get in shootout with them, but IMO, that's what it's going to take to win. They'll be just as pumped as us and Marcia will attempt to make up for missed time with Moss, Welker & Co.

I think we have to stun the football world with a big HELLO from the Bills O, to have a shot at victory in this one.

I hope the Patriots are back at full strength and the Bills beat them in Prime Time. If Brady cannot play, the Bills will be called lucky.

As far as Jauron, if ANY coach on the team is telling the D anything besides, "hit Brady often, hard, and CLEAN" they should be fired!

If the refs are going to rule the game, oh well! :rolleyes:

All the Bills can control is what they do... Hit 'em hard, Hit 'em often, Hit 'em clean!

I don't think we have a chance of getting a hard hit on Brady* without drawing a personal foul and a fine. That is the way officiating* works versus NE* at least for the Bills. If only we had Wilfork*, but he plays for the Patsies*. Wilfork* is the only person in the world who says the normal way to fall is to stick your elbows out (to clip Losman's knee). DJ will probably tell his troops to go easy on Brady* since its hard to win in the NFL anyway and no use making Belicheat* mad since DJ may want to keep his job options open after this season. The logical thing would be not to worry about penalties or long gains but throw the kitchen sink at Brady*. But don't expect to see the Bills take that approach. Expect them to try to keep the game close by allowing Brady* all the time he needs to throw but keep a lot of men deep so that he has to beat us 8-12 yards at a time.

I'm more hopeful with Rex Ryan and the Jets against Brady* if Ryan takes after his dad.

I hope the Patriots are back at full strength and the Bills beat them in Prime Time. If Brady cannot play, the Bills will be called lucky.

As far as Jauron, if ANY coach on the team is telling the D anything besides, "hit Brady often, hard, and CLEAN" they should be fired!

If the refs are going to rule the game, oh well! :rolleyes:

All the Bills can control is what they do... Hit 'em hard, Hit 'em often, Hit 'em clean!

I agree, but based on past officiating history in our contests with them I strongly suspect that our definition of "clean" (or that of any reasonable person) will not line up with the officials' definition of "clean" when it comes to Brady on game night. If we are even close to hitting him late it will be 15 and possibly an ejection/suspension/banishment/disembowelment......

I agree, but based on past officiating history in our contests with them I strongly suspect that our definition of "clean" (or that of any reasonable person) will not line up with the officials' definition of "clean" when it comes to Brady on game night. If we are even close to hitting him late it will be 15 and possibly an ejection/suspension/banishment/disembowelment......

The fact that posters feel obligated to say that we should hit Brady* clean* shows how intimidated we are by Brady*, NE* and NFL officials*. Do you think the week before Wilfork* took out Losman's knee Belicheat* was talking to his team about hitting clean? Do you think Belicheat* has ever talked to his team* about hitting clean?

We need to establish a new toughness with the coaches, players, and fans of this franchise and the talk should not be about making sure hits are clean. Do you think Bruce Smith worried about hitting Boomer Esiason "clean" when he basically ended his career. Boomer to this day wonders what Bruce Smith had against him. Brady* and NE* and Belicheat* and Wilfork* shouldn't have to wonder what the Bills have against them. Losman's knee, videotaping, and the whole litany of NE* offenses should explain that to anyone.

The fact that posters feel obligated to say that we should hit Brady* clean* shows how intimidated we are by Brady*, NE* and NFL officials*. Do you think the week before Wilfork* took out Losman's knee Belicheat* was talking to his team about hitting clean? Do you think Belicheat* has ever talked to his team* about hitting clean?

We need to establish a new toughness with the coaches, players, and fans of this franchise and the talk should not be about making sure hits are clean. Do you think Bruce Smith worried about hitting Boomer Esiason "clean" when he basically ended his career. Boomer to this day wonders what Bruce Smith had against him. Brady* and NE* and Belicheat* and Wilfork* shouldn't have to wonder what the Bills have against them. Losman's knee, videotaping, and the whole litany of NE* offenses should explain that to anyone.

I was at that game and we all thought Bruce might have literally killed him. Boomer's problem was that he had a rookie LT pressed into duty a bit early who didn't get the snap count on that play right and just stood there while Bruce went after Esiason like Bruce was shot out of a cannon. As Dennis Hopper would say, "Bad things, man, bad things"--those were the days, boy.....

Thanks

The one thing I know for sure about this game.... WATCH IT WITH THE SOUND OFF!!! I can already hear the Brady* Ballwashing from the crew on MNF, "Brady's back, Brady's back" :rolleyes:

If you look at the results of the 1st game of the year for NE they are typically way below the rest of their season. This is obviously because they have not had a chance to steal signals of the other teams, etc. The first week is always the best week to play them.

Yes, but chances are they can use the signals they have stolen from Buffalo since Jauron has been the coach.

The one thing I know for sure about this game.... WATCH IT WITH THE SOUND OFF!!! I can already hear the Brady* Ballwashing from the crew on MNF, "Brady's back, Brady's back" :rolleyes:

Last season I found out if I unplug or turn down the center channel (on a 5.1 audio system) it neatly mutes the announcers while keeping the sounds of the game intact. It worked for the NHL playoff games too. The bass output gets slightly distorted, but not too badly. It makes you have to pay closer attention to the games and you can hear the crowd really well.

I did, too, and then I'm like wait, that's not Lynch.........I still think of Willis McGahee every time I see WM at every stadium, etc. that I go to..........Now I really don't understand this thread, I thought they were talking about somebody who wouldn't be there for the season opener, but would be there later. What were the odds that Cassel - or as he famously known as - MC, would ever have seen the field if he was there anyway.

If Cassel was still there, and Brady wasn't ready ...

With Cassel in KC, 2008 third-round pick Kevin O'Connell -- whose only playing time during his rookie season came during garbage time of two blowouts -- is currently No. 2 on the depth chart.

Amen! I agree with your perspective and am delighted to read someone else saying what I've been thinking for a few years now. Jauron has some positives, IMO, but his glaring weakness has been that absence of fire - that dominating attitude - that will intend on enforcing one's will on the other, on dictating the game. Your mention of the Pat's not worrying says it right. Let's give it to them the way we want to, for a change, and not just N.E., but as a way of playing henceforth. With our offensive weapons, we should be able to dictate the game when we have the ball, and make the other team figure out how to keep up, or control the situation.

If I were owner of the Bills... I'd walk into the locker room before the game. Lay $15,000 on a table. And tell the team that the first one to knock Brady on his ass gets it. Then, I'd lay $10K beside it and promise that to the second guy that hit Brady. Finally, I'd lay $5K down for the 3rd guy to knock him on his back. Then I'd tell them, if you hit him first and he doesn't get up.... you get all $30 grand.

... and not one single member of our offensive line will have played a single real NFL game with the Bills at their current position.

Unfortunately, I think that will be the killer, unless we can consistently pressure Brady. And the Pats* OL has played together for years.

If I were owner of the Bills... I'd walk into the locker room before the game. Lay $15,000 on a table. And tell the team that the first one to knock Brady on his ass gets it. Then, I'd lay $10K beside it and promise that to the second guy that hit Brady. Finally, I'd lay $5K down for the 3rd guy to knock him on his back. Then I'd tell them, if you hit him first and he doesn't get up.... you get all $30 grand.

That's not allowed according to the NFL. It's under the "Non-contract Bonuses" of the League Policy For Players. Saw the sign about it in the locker room at the stadium during Draft Day.

Try this link

That's not allowed according to the NFL. It's under the "Non-contract Bonuses" of the League Policy For Players. Saw the sign about it in the locker room at the stadium during Draft Day.

Try this link

Great! No sense starting my own billion dollar internet business and buying the Bills this summer. And I was sooooo close.

What is he already paying them for?

The only point I was making was that too many are either saying to be careful not to hit Brady too hard and draw a penalty, or break both his legs since the refs are going to throw a flag anyway!

Hit him, and hit him, and hit him as hard as you can, but do not turn into a team of cheap shot artists.

Bruce was not a cheap shot player, but he always hit somebody as often and as hard as he could.

Sometimes hitting hard and clean (clean defined as within the rules) ENDS a career, but that is not the goal.

I agree the team needs to start playing and acting tough. Make a wide reciever more concerned about where the cornerback is than where the ball is!