Good news for Alaskans - Palin resigning

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See above. I added what I think about Romney.

He's lacking in charisma and political savvyness to be able to take it all the way. Actually, to tell you the truth, it would be tougher for him IMO to make as the GOP candidate than if he was chosen to be and become president. He just doesn't appeal to the core conservatives, specially the southern hicks, they see him as one of "them", but if he was chosen as the GOP candidate, he'd most likely be more appealing to the moderates and independents, which probably would give him at least a shot at becoming president. But like I said, I don't see him becoming the GOP's man.

Oh God, did you see his speech at the Republican Convention? He showed about as much emotion as a 10 year prostitute giving a blowjob. :pirate:

A page from Sarah Palin's secret diary has been discovered.

No one understands me. It’s like I’m speaking some Eskimo dialect or something. Andrea Mitchell follows me all the way to Kanakanak Beach and I get a French manicure and set up this huge photo op for her, even though she spooked the salmon.

Todd and me are in our cool fishing bibs. Piper’s helping out on the boat. It’s an amazing day that shows how our Creator favored my beloved Alaska, gatekeeper of the continent, and makes a great shot for all the network reporters up here to milk. This progresses me away from my image as some kind of flaky “rogue diva” and back to my image as a tough huntin’ and fishin’ gal.

http://www.slate.com/id/2218602/

Well at least that bitter plagiarizing left wing kook is only pretending to lift sh_t this time.

Sorry, but that catty piece screams Dowd's obvious insecurity with regards to Palin..."She's even prettier than me even in an f'ing fishing bib!!!!"

:lol:

He's lacking in charisma and political savvyness to be able to take it all the way. Actually, to tell you the truth, it would be tougher for him IMO to make as the GOP candidate than if he was chosen to be and become president. He just doesn't appeal to the core conservatives, specially the southern hicks, they see him as one of "them", but if he was chosen as the GOP candidate, he'd most likely be more appealing to the moderates and independents, which probably would give him at least a shot at becoming president. But like I said, I don't see him becoming the GOP's man.

Oh God, did you see his speech at the Republican Convention? He showed about as much emotion as a 10 year prostitute giving a blowjob. :unsure:

Wow, just wow. I don't think the bag covers that one up! :thumbsup::lol:

Oh God, did you see his speech at the Republican Convention? He showed about as much emotion as a 10 year prostitute giving a blowjob. :lol:

It's a curious thing. He campaigned with more charisma than he gave that night. Romney was doing what McCain did when Bush was being nominated in 2000--showing he could be a good boy to the Republicans who he'll need in 2012...but he wasn't going to give it his all.

Romney would be a more palatable choice than the folksier (but scarier) Palin and Huckabee.

This, I agree with. I just don't want it to be her. She's a scary kook who I wouldn't trust with the keys to the country.

But, strategically she could still be very important to GOP over the next 3 years. Like it or not, she has a legion of fans and plays right into the right's concern that mainstream media & news are in the Dem tank. So, they'll gladly use her as a suicide bomber to rile up the masses, which should make it easier for the real GOP candidate to appear more centrist. I doubt that she recognizes that this is her true value to the party, and the danger to GOP of course is if she really takes it seriously and decides to run as an independent when someone tells her the real purpose.

I still find it hilarious that despite the constant pining for a true homespun outsider candidate to come in and reform Washington, when you actually get one - Perot, Palin - you quickly recognize why it's better for the feel-good stories to stay in Hollywood scripts than in reality.

But, strategically she could still be very important to GOP over the next 3 years. Like it or not, she has a legion of fans and plays right into the right's concern that mainstream media & news are in the Dem tank. So, they'll gladly use her as a suicide bomber to rile up the masses, which should make it easier for the real GOP candidate to appear more centrist. I doubt that she recognizes that this is her true value to the party, and the danger to GOP of course is if she really takes it seriously and decides to run as an independent when someone tells her the real purpose.

I still find it hilarious that despite the constant pining for a true homespun outsider candidate to come in and reform Washington, when you actually get one - Perot, Palin - you quickly recognize why it's better for the feel-good stories to stay in Hollywood scripts than in reality.

What he said. :lol:

Maybe if it was a non-kook.

I totally agree that Palin has value to the party if used well. That could happen. And it may pave the way for somewhat like her who isn't stupid. If Sarah Palin wasn't stupid and lazy, she could be a real force.

I don't pine away for homespun. I pine away for a smart outsider. I could live with Ron Paul despite some of his idiosyncracies. I could live with Steve Forbes. Bloomberg. And others.

But please with Palin. Jesus H.

I totally agree that Palin has value to the party if used well. That could happen. And it may pave the way for somewhat like her who isn't stupid. If Sarah Palin wasn't stupid and lazy, she could be a real force.

Thats a new one even for you. Do you drink water constantly,froth at the mouth,and try to bite your tail?

How can it be good if an elected officials resigns- Especially when they were put in office by actual public mandate. I don't think she will be running for President in 2012 either.

Thats a new one even for you. Do you drink water constantly,froth at the mouth,and try to bite your tail?

Well, you see, Jim, if you weren't "intellectually lazy" like Sarah Palin you would have read the entire thread and have already known that when I typed "lazy" it wasn't the common meaning for the term. I believe she works hard and isn't a lazy person at all, she is "intellectually lazy" for not spending a lot of time trying to educate herself on the issues, and Chef and others wished to distinguish between common ignorance and not bothering to read when made her ignorant on issues.

Well, you see, Jim, if you weren't "intellectually lazy" like Sarah Palin you would have read the entire thread and have already known that when I typed "lazy" it wasn't the common meaning for the term. I believe she works hard and isn't a lazy person at all, she is "intellectually lazy" for not spending a lot of time trying to educate herself on the issues, and Chef and others wished to distinguish between common ignorance and not bothering to read when made her ignorant on issues.

Man you've got disclaimers for everthing. "There are several kinds of discrimination and that's not the one I meant. Oh also there are different types of lazy and that's not the one I was talking about. And by the way there are a multitude of ways a person could be lazy and I was referring to that one not this one. And we've got common ingnorance and some other ignorance, I'm not sure what they call that one but it's the one I'm talking about.":lol:

Hey LA, is this one of those "what I meant" versus "what I inferred" things you're always talking about?

Man you've got disclaimers for everthing. "There are several kinds of discrimination and that's not the one I meant. Oh also there are different types of lazy and that's not the one I was talking about. And by the way there are a multitude of ways a person could be lazy and I was referring to that one not this one. And we've got common ingnorance and some other ignorance, I'm not sure what they call that one but it's the one I'm talking about.":lol:

Hey LA, is this one of those "what I meant" versus "what I inferred" things you're always talking about?

I blame it on the English language, after all, a new word is born every 98 minutes.

Where'd "lazy" come from? Always struck me as anything but.

I actually get what Pete's talking about. The apparent lack of preparation on Governor Palin's part for the campaign's most important moments was measurable.

As I said earlier, the woman who has been running around the since her addition to the Republican Presidential ticket is not the same savvy person who was elected to lead the state of Alaska. Doesn't come anywhere close, really.