Good news for Alaskans - Palin resigning

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you care so much? Why do libs care SO MUCH about this woman?

What does she represent that threatens you so much?

Be honest.

well, you do know what they say about simple minds.....

Why do you care so much? Why do libs care SO MUCH about this woman?

What does she represent that threatens you so much?

Be honest.

I think there are a mix of things here that I'll share....

I am cynical enough about politics to believe that somebody with little ability to articulate beyond slogans

can still be a formidable presidential candidate given the right handling of somebody like Karl Rove.

She already has 1) Name Recognition 2) Drawing Power for Fund-raising 3) Experience (without talking about qualitative aspects) both as a Candidate, and as an Executive. 4) Ambition 5) Base support

Those things make her a formidable candidate should she choose to run for President.

Nobody can say that her becoming President of the United States is inconceivable.

Those things make her a formidable candidate should she choose to run for President.

Nobody can say that her becoming President of the United States is inconceivable.

I can. And a large portion of people all over are making the same conclusion. I agree that she has all of those things you listed, and normally that would make her a viable candidate.

But her downside and negatives are as strong as her good side and positives, which makes her have a ceiling that is not any bigger than it is right now. The more exposure she gets the less liked she is.

And people make comments about how much scrutiny she has been under, if she were a Presidential candidate, it would be ten times worse and she doesn't do well at all under those circumstances. She lashes out, she makes bad decisions, she doesn't explain herself or her actions well which invites more scrutiny and criticism, she retreats to her small circle of close friends that have never handled the situation well either.

I think she made the right move getting out of the governorship because both the Republicans and the Democrats don't like her there now and she wouldn't be able to get anything done.

Sarah Palin has zero chance in a national election. Barney Frank has a better chance at being President and Barney Frank has zero chance of becoming President.

I think there are a mix of things here that I'll share....

I am cynical enough about politics to believe that somebody with little ability to articulate beyond slogans

can still be a formidable presidential candidate given the right handling of somebody like Karl Rove.

She already has 1) Name Recognition 2) Drawing Power for Fund-raising 3) Experience (without talking about qualitative aspects) both as a Candidate, and as an Executive. 4) Ambition 5) Base support

I say this someone facetiously and somewhat curiously: you have to wonder to what extent she saw the Democrats and MSM elevate Rush's ratings to ridiculous levels and think "Hey, why not?" I mean, Chris Matthews reported in March that prior to being the "enemy #1" of the Democrats, he had 14 million listeners. He now has 25 million...again, according to stats reported by Tingles. And I think we both know if Tingles is reporting something about a conservative, it's probably short on the truth.

Now, I'm not a Rush listener, and I'm sure the Blzruls, etc. will jump in here with their drug-addict comments, but if those numbers are even remotely accurate, maybe Palin realizes that being the Democrats' "enemy #1 flavor of the day" has its rewards. One can only imagine how much she'll get for speaking engagements.

But, y'know, she's ginormous moron of all morons, so that probably won't happen. Next thing ya know you'll hear she's got speaking gigs in all 57 states. ;)

I say this someone facetiously and somewhat curiously: you have to wonder to what extent she saw the Democrats and MSM elevate Rush's ratings to ridiculous levels and think "Hey, why not?" I mean, Chris Matthews reported in March that prior to being the "enemy #1" of the Democrats, he had 14 million listeners. He now has 25 million...again, according to stats reported by Tingles. And I think we both know if Tingles is reporting something about a conservative, it's probably short on the truth.

Now, I'm not a Rush listener, and I'm sure the Blzruls, etc. will jump in here with their drug-addict comments, but if those numbers are even remotely accurate, maybe Palin realizes that being the Democrats' "enemy #1 flavor of the day" has its rewards. One can only imagine how much she'll get for speaking engagements.

But, y'know, she's ginormous moron of all morons, so that probably won't happen. Next thing ya know you'll hear she's got speaking gigs in all 57 states. ;)

"I think one left to go?" But of course the great helmsman was thinking of France. He considers it a state,after all.

The itty bitty negligible difference being that Barack Obama really is highly educated, well-read, well-informed, curious and highly intelligent -- and Sarah Palin really is poorly educated, rarely reads, ill-informed, incurious and downright stupid.

The itty bitty negligible difference being that Barack Obama really is highly educated, well-read, well-informed, curious and highly intelligent -- and Sarah Palin really is poorly educated, rarely reads, ill-informed, incurious and downright stupid.

You also think Joe Biden is intelligent, so forgive me if I don't put much stock in what you consider intelligent.

He doesn't know the difference between Heinz tomato's and how many states are in the union? And you call him"highly educated"? Your blinders are remarkable. Of course,you seem to personally know both of them,so I should defer to your judgment.

I can. And a large portion of people all over are making the same conclusion. I agree that she has all of those things you listed, and normally that would make her a viable candidate.

But her downside and negatives are as strong as her good side and positives, which makes her have a ceiling that is not any bigger than it is right now. The more exposure she gets the less liked she is.

Feelings change and Sarah Palin does not have to run for president today.

If she could emerge two years from now out of relative silence with someone the caliber of Lee Atwater guiding her, she could be out of the blocks early with a huge warchest.

Remember the first part of an election - getting a Party nomination - has very little to do with how liberals perceive her.

Getting the Republican Nomination is not inconceivable (unlikely yes, but not inconceivable). Once you have that.....well.....stranger things have happened.

The optimistic part of your view is that you have an elevated opinion of the electorate. ;)

If she could emerge two years from now out of relative silence with someone the caliber of Lee Atwater guiding her, she could be out of the blocks early with a huge warchest.

I currently have no horse in this race, though being an admitted conservative I'm sure the liberal braintrust here believe me to be a huge Palin supporter. I'm a conservative supporter.

That said, I liken many of today's liberals to the people who believe, in all their hearts, that they can accurately predict in April of 2009 how a team will fare in the 2009 NFL season. The liberals laughing at her chances in 2012 remind me of the Patriot fans last year who laughed at the rest of the AFC East during the 2008 offseason, believing without question that the road to the SB was going through Foxboro. Prior to the offseason, not a person in NE or even Buffalo would have believed the previously 1-15 Dolphins would take the division. Not a one. But there's more to competition than being the current fan favorite. It took one play to change the playing field. Just one.

That's not to say I think Palin could win the presidency, but based on what's happening to the economy and the government's never-ending deficit spending like they think it's just a matter of time before they get a blackjack, it may not take a Palin to beat Obama in 2012. It may well only take someone who is NOT Obama.

Liberals are partying like its September 2011 like Patriot fans were partying in April 2008.

He doesn't know the difference between Heinz tomato's and how many states are in the union? And you call him"highly educated"? Your blinders are remarkable. Of course,you seem to personally know both of them,so I should defer to your judgment.

Look, I think Obama is setting himself up to be one of the worst presidents in history (because his actions are leading the US down an awful path) but you can't possibly think that Palin is smart enough to be president. You just can't.

Look, I think Obama is setting himself up to be one of the worst presidents in history (because his actions are leading the US down an awful path) but you can't possibly think that Palin is smart enough to be president. You just can't.

I never claimed that. I honestly don't know. But unlike Kelly,I refuse to make judgments on a public figure on a few televised speech's-right down to if they are "curious"or not.

You also think Joe Biden is intelligent, so forgive me if I don't put much stock in what you consider intelligent.

I would bet you as much money as you could get your hands on that every single member of the congress, republican or democrat or independent, thinks Joe Biden is intelligent.

You do understand that a person can be highly intelligent and make a untold number of gaffes and stupid statements and boneheaded decisions, don't you? Look at yourself.

If, however, you actually think that Joe Biden is not an intelligent person, you really are stupid.

For what it's worth, I think pretty much every Republican in Congress is an intelligent person. There are probably a few on both sides of the aisle that if I got to hear them more I wouldn't think so. The person I think is the least intelligent is Maxine Waters, but there may be others I think are more so. Sarah Palin is simply an uneducated, ill-informed, stupid person. She really is. That has ZERO to do with her personality, charisma, appeal, views, religion, ability to give a speech, or politics.

She cannot think like an educated, intelligent person, she has little knowledge of anything outside of her little cocoon. And it's not just from a couple times seeing her on TV. I have seen her speak probably 100 times. I have read a lot about her. I watched closely. In fact, the first time I saw her I liked her and thought she was great, was extremely impressed by how she handled the pressure of being on that stage, and thought wow, she has a lot going for her. Then I heard her speak and TRIED to watch her think and answer any question posed to her, even things she knew about, like energy in Alaska. She is stupid.

That said, I liken many of today's liberals to the people who believe, in all their hearts, that they can accurately predict in April of 2009 how a team will fare in the 2009 NFL season. The liberals laughing at her chances in 2012 remind me of the Patriot fans last year who laughed at the rest of the AFC East during the 2008 offseason, believing without question that the road to the SB was going through Foxboro. Prior to the offseason, not a person in NE or even Buffalo would have believed the previously 1-15 Dolphins would take the division. Not a one. But there's more to competition than being the current fan favorite. It took one play to change the playing field. Just one.

CHECK IT

Awesome analogy!

I would bet you as much money as you could get your hands on that every single member of the congress, republican or democrat or independent, thinks Joe Biden is intelligent.

You do understand that a person can be highly intelligent and make a untold number of gaffes and stupid statements and boneheaded decisions, don't you? Look at yourself.

If, however, you actually think that Joe Biden is not an intelligent person, you really are stupid.

For what it's worth, I think pretty much every Republican in Congress is an intelligent person. There are probably a few on both sides of the aisle that if I got to hear them more I wouldn't think so. The person I think is the least intelligent is Maxine Waters, but there may be others I think are more so. Sarah Palin is simply an uneducated, ill-informed, stupid person. She really is. That has ZERO to do with her personality, charisma, appeal, views, religion, ability to give a speech, or politics.

She cannot think like an educated, intelligent person, she has little knowledge of anything outside of her little cocoon. And it's not just from a couple times seeing her on TV. I have seen her speak probably 100 times. I have read a lot about her. I watched closely. In fact, the first time I saw her I liked her and thought she was great, was extremely impressed by how she handled the pressure of being on that stage, and thought wow, she has a lot going for her. Then I heard her speak and TRIED to watch her think and answer any question posed to her, even things she knew about, like energy in Alaska. She is stupid.

So let me get this straight. Joe Biden can make untold gaffes, stupid statements, and boneheaded decisions and be smart but Palin can't. Did I get that right?

Remember the first part of an election - getting a Party nomination - has very little to do with how liberals perceive her.

Getting the Republican Nomination is not inconceivable (unlikely yes, but not inconceivable). Once you have that.....well.....stranger things have happened.

The optimistic part of your view is that you have an elevated opinion of the electorate. ;)

A large portion of Republicans hate her, too. It's difficult for a lot of them to admit it because they would take too much flack, but enough of them have said it, and especially the ones that it can't hurt them politically. She has tremendous appeal to a sizable chunk of people in the Republican party. But that chunk, IMO, is not nearly enough to even win the primaries. A couple states, maybe, but not the whole shebang.

Not all of her negatives are simple booksmart issues that if she read up on she could learn. That is possible (although doubtful). A lot of it is how she does business and reacts to things, which is much, much harder to reverse. Pretty much everything she has touched has imploded, I really find it hard to believe people aren't jumping ship quicker even though a lot have.