Good news for Alaskans - Palin resigning

Sarah Palin did everone a big favor today-she ended Michael Jackson's reign as lead story on all the cable news channels.

I think she was inspired by Michael Jackson, here's her press release:

"Woman In The Mirror"

I'm Gonna Make A Change,

For Once In My Life

It's Gonna Feel Real Good,

Gonna Make A Difference

Gonna Make It Right . . .

As I, Turn Up The Collar On My

Favourite Winter Coat

This Wind Is Blowin' My Mind

I See The Kids In The Street,

With Not Enough To Eat

Who Am I, To Be Blind?

Pretending Not To See

Their Needs

A Summer's Disregard,

A Broken Bottle Top

And A One Man's Soul

They Follow Each Other On

The Wind Ya' Know

'Cause They Got Nowhere

To Go

That's Why I Want You To

Know

I'm Starting With The woman In

The Mirror

I'm Asking Her To Change

Her Ways

And No Message Could Have

Been Any Clearer

If You Wanna Make The World

A Better Place

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Take A Look At Yourself, And

Then Make A Change

(Take A Look At Yourself, And

Then Make A Change)

(Na Na Na, Na Na Na, Na Na,

Na Nah)

I've Been A Victim Of A Selfish

Kind Of Love

It's Time That I Realize

That There Are Some With No

Home, Not A Nickel To Loan

Could It Be Really Me,

Pretending That They're Not

Alone?

A Willow Deeply Scarred,

Somebody's Broken Heart

And A Washed-Out Dream

(Washed-Out Dream)

They Follow The Pattern Of

The Wind, Ya' See

Cause They Got No Place

To Be

That's Why I'm Starting With

Me

(Starting With Me!)

I'm Starting With The Woman In

The Mirror

(Ooh!)

I'm Asking Her To Change

Her Ways

(Ooh!)

Been Any Clearer

A Better Place

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Take A Look At Yourself And

Then Make A Change

(Take A Look At Yourself And

Then Make A Change)

The Mirror

(Ooh!)

I'm Asking Her To Change Her

Ways

(Change Her Ways-Ooh!)

And No Message Could've

Been Any Clearer

A Better Place

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Then Make That . . .

Then Make That . . .)

Change!

The Mirror,

(Woman In The Mirror-Oh

Yeah!)

I'm Asking Her To Change

Her Ways

(Better Change!)

No Message Could Have

Been Any Clearer

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Then Make The Change)

(You Gotta Get It Right, While

You Got The Time)

('Cause When You Close Your

Heart)

You Can't Close Your . . .Your

Mind!

(Then You Close Your . . .

Mind!)

That Woman, That Woman, That

Woman, That Woman

With That Woman In The Mirror

(Woman In The Mirror, Oh Yeah!)

That Woman, That Woman, That Woman

I'm Asking Her To Change

Her Ways

(Better Change!)

You Know . . .That Woman

No Message Could Have

Been Any Clearer

A Better Place

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Then Make A Change

Then Make A Change)

Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!

Na Na Na, Na Na Na, Na Na,

Na Nah

(Oh Yeah!)

Gonna Feel Real Good Now!

Yeah Yeah! Yeah Yeah!

Yeah Yeah!

Na Nah

(Ooooh . . .)

Oh No, No No . . .

I'm Gonna Make A Change

It's Gonna Feel Real Good!

Come On!

(Change . . .)

Just Lift Yourself

You Know

You've Got To Stop It.

Yourself!

(Yeah!-Make That Change!)

I've Got To Make That Change,

Today!

Hoo!

(Woman In The Mirror)

You Got To

You Got To Not Let Yourself . . .

Sister . . .

Hoo!

You Know-I've Got To Get

That Woman, That Woman . . .

(Woman In The Mirror)

You've Got To

You've Got To Move! Come

On! Come On!

You Got To . . .

Stand Up! Stand Up!

Stand Up!

(Yeah-Make That Change)

Stand Up And Lift

Yourself, Now!

(Woman In The Mirror)

Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!

Aaow!

(Yeah-Make That Change)

Gonna Make That Change . . .

Come On!

(Woman In The Mirror)

You Know It!

You Know It!

You Know It!

You Know . . .

(Change . . .)

Make That Change.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarah Palin did everone a big favor today-she ended Michael Jackson's reign as lead story on all the cable news channels.

I think she was inspired by Michael Jackson, here's her press release:

"Woman In The Mirror"

I'm Gonna Make A Change,

For Once In My Life

It's Gonna Feel Real Good,

Gonna Make A Difference

Gonna Make It Right . . .

As I, Turn Up The Collar On My

Favourite Winter Coat

This Wind Is Blowin' My Mind

I See The Kids In The Street,

With Not Enough To Eat

Who Am I, To Be Blind?

Pretending Not To See

Their Needs

A Summer's Disregard,

A Broken Bottle Top

And A One Man's Soul

They Follow Each Other On

The Wind Ya' Know

'Cause They Got Nowhere

To Go

That's Why I Want You To

Know

I'm Starting With The woman In

The Mirror

I'm Asking Her To Change

Her Ways

Been Any Clearer

A Better Place

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Take A Look At Yourself, And

Then Make A Change

(Take A Look At Yourself, And

Then Make A Change)

(Na Na Na, Na Na Na, Na Na,

Na Nah)

I've Been A Victim Of A Selfish

Kind Of Love

It's Time That I Realize

That There Are Some With No

Home, Not A Nickel To Loan

Could It Be Really Me,

Pretending That They're Not

Alone?

A Willow Deeply Scarred,

Somebody's Broken Heart

And A Washed-Out Dream

(Washed-Out Dream)

They Follow The Pattern Of

The Wind, Ya' See

Cause They Got No Place

To Be

That's Why I'm Starting With

Me

(Starting With Me!)

The Mirror

(Ooh!)

I'm Asking Her To Change

Her Ways

(Ooh!)

Been Any Clearer

A Better Place

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Then Make A Change

Then Make A Change)

The Mirror

(Ooh!)

I'm Asking Her To Change Her

Ways

(Change Her Ways-Ooh!)

And No Message Could've

Been Any Clearer

A Better Place

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Then Make That . . .

Then Make That . . .)

Change!

The Mirror,

(Woman In The Mirror-Oh

Yeah!)

I'm Asking Her To Change

Her Ways

(Better Change!)

No Message Could Have

Been Any Clearer

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Then Make The Change)

(You Gotta Get It Right, While

You Got The Time)

('Cause When You Close Your

Heart)

You Can't Close Your . . .Your

Mind!

(Then You Close Your . . .

Mind!)

That Woman, That Woman, That

Woman, That Woman

With That Woman In The Mirror

(Woman In The Mirror, Oh Yeah!)

That Woman, That Woman, That Woman

I'm Asking Her To Change

Her Ways

(Better Change!)

You Know . . .That Woman

No Message Could Have

Been Any Clearer

A Better Place

(If You Wanna Make The

World A Better Place)

Then Make A Change

Then Make A Change)

Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!

Na Nah

(Oh Yeah!)

Gonna Feel Real Good Now!

Yeah Yeah! Yeah Yeah!

Yeah Yeah!

Na Nah

(Ooooh . . .)

Oh No, No No . . .

I'm Gonna Make A Change

It's Gonna Feel Real Good!

Come On!

(Change . . .)

Just Lift Yourself

You Know

You've Got To Stop It.

Yourself!

I've Got To Make That Change,

Today!

Hoo!

(Woman In The Mirror)

You Got To

You Got To Not Let Yourself . . .

Sister . . .

Hoo!

You Know-I've Got To Get

That Woman, That Woman . . .

(Woman In The Mirror)

You've Got To

You've Got To Move! Come

On! Come On!

You Got To . . .

Stand Up! Stand Up!

Stand Up!

(Yeah-Make That Change)

Stand Up And Lift

Yourself, Now!

(Woman In The Mirror)

Hoo! Hoo! Hoo!

Aaow!

(Yeah-Make That Change)

Gonna Make That Change . . .

Come On!

(Woman In The Mirror)

You Know It!

You Know It!

You Know It!

You Know . . .

(Change . . .)

Make That Change.

Woulda had 6 and 4 but I was with the kid.

One thing about Sarah is she is never going to listen to mainstream logic. If she hears the sound of her nutball cult clamoring for her to do something bigger well by gum she'll go for it! Whether her, or her clan of right wing extremists actually has had any impact at all is debatable but at least here you can say there was one awesomely mind blowing hysterical thread when McCain made her his running mate and every fellow wing nut here creamed in their jeans over the prospect of her being VP.

Can't take that away from her.

Possible reasons for leaving:

1. Her family will be taking over the time slot occupied by the "Jon & Kate plus 8" show.

2. She's one of the women that Gov. Sanford only got to 2nd base with.

3. FOXNews needs another morning show host with good legs to titillate the old white guys who watch it.

4. Dick Cheney needs an opening act for his, "I can't wait to say I told you so" tour.

A) She's being spirited away by the GOP to be programmed for a Presidential run in 2012

B) She's going to be doing the fundraising circuit for the GOP, because their followers are just fricking stupid enough to pay a shitload of money to hear people like Palin and Gingrich "speak"

C) She's going to run for the Senate seat formerly held by Stevens and now held by a -GASP- Democrat.

D) Something ugly is about to come out ... she already paid back the taxpayer money she spent on her kids, maybe that was just the tip of the iceberg.

Someone in the GOP was smart enough to realize that by the time 2010-2011 rolls around, this dingbat would have been oversaturating us to the point of nausea. Better to fold her tent now and leave with a little shroud of "mystique" that might make it possible for a "glorious comeback" in 2012.

A) She's being spirited away by the GOP to be programmed for a Presidential run in 2012

B) She's going to be doing the fundraising circuit for the GOP, because their followers are just fricking stupid enough to pay a shitload of money to hear people like Palin and Gingrich "speak"

C) She's going to run for the Senate seat formerly held by Stevens and now held by a -GASP- Democrat.

D) Something ugly is about to come out ... she already paid back the taxpayer money she spent on her kids, maybe that was just the tip of the iceberg.

Someone in the GOP was smart enough to realize that by the time 2010-2011 rolls around, this dingbat would have been oversaturating us to the point of nausea. Better to fold her tent now and leave with a little shroud of "mystique" that might make it possible for a "glorious comeback" in 2012.

I'm thinking, and I'm actually being serious here, that she's trying to pull a Hillary carpetbagging move and run for elected office in some top heavy republican southern state. Hell she could even run for Sanford's old spot in SC once he steps down or is impeached. Think about it; she has been down there quite a bit, and for some reason Alabama in particular so what's to prevent her from making such a move? Embarrassment? We all know Sarah wasn't cursed with the gift of self awareness.

But not for long. I'm wondering if this PC was scheduled by her staff for this exact date before MJ died or only because MJ died? Did she want a quiet exit while the media was fixated on something else or was it just coincidence?

Thanks.

Possible reasons for leaving:

1. Her family will be taking over the time slot occupied by the "Jon & Kate plus 8" show.

2. She's one of the women that Gov. Sanford only got to 2nd base with.

3. FOXNews needs another morning show host with good legs to titillate the old white guys who watch it.

4. Dick Cheney needs an opening act for his, "I can't wait to say I told you so" tour.

:thumbsup:

I'm thinking, and I'm actually being serious here, that she's trying to pull a Hillary carpetbagging move and run for elected office in some top heavy republican southern state. Hell she could even run for Sanford's old spot in SC once he steps down or is impeached. Think about it; she has been down there quite a bit, and for some reason Alabama in particular so what's to prevent her from making such a move? Embarrassment? We all know Sarah wasn't cursed with the gift of self awareness.

IMO, quitting before her term ends is something that will never be good for her in any campaign.

I hear people (not here...yet) saying, thank God we didn't elect McCain. She'd be a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

I pray for our President. Largely b/c if anything happens to him, the guy next in line used to plagiarize speeches and with his penchant for malaprops and twisting the English language, makes former President Bush look like an Ivy League professor.

Remember, people: Joe Biden is a heartbeat away from the Presidency. How the (bleep) is he better than Palin?

:thumbsup::w00t:

I hear people (not here...yet) saying, thank God we didn't elect McCain. She'd be a heartbeat away from the Presidency.

I pray for our President. Largely b/c if anything happens to him, the guy next in line used to plagiarize speeches and with his penchant for malaprops and twisting the English language, makes former President Bush look like an Ivy League professor.

Remember, people: Joe Biden is a heartbeat away from the Presidency. How the (bleep) is he better than Palin?

:thumbsup::w00t:

He has a lot of political experience, he can tell you what he reads, he has knowledge of foreign diplomacy, his brain is three times larger and he doesn't quit when the going gets tough.

He has a lot of political experience, he can tell you what he reads, he has knowledge of foreign diplomacy, his brain is three times larger and he doesn't quit when the going gets tough.

And he doesn't always drink beer. But when he does, he drinks Dos Equis

Stay thirsty my friends

That's an interesting thought and I actually think you could be onto something. Those ijits love her down there. Don't get me started....

That's an interesting thought and I actually think you could be onto something. Those ijits love her down there. Don't get me started....

The two of you put more thought into Sarah Palin than the rest of the country combined

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/...ver-understand/

Clearly she plans to run for the presidency. Unfortunately she is sounding as moronic as ever. Not a great way to kickoff her campaign. Who is she even referencing in the "double standard"??? It's got to be Romney right? He's her main competition. She does realize he served a full term as Governor in one of the most liberal leaning states in the Union and when he was in the same exact situation as her, finished his term and took the two years after to make his run. If she's not talking about Romney who is she talking about? Obama? I never saw a resignation from office from him until he was elected President...Bush? Clinton? Anyone??? Also her spoiled little brat thing can't help her in the long run. The whole "wah-wah-wah the media hates me thing" gets real old fast. It's ok for people on either side to bash everyone else but when some worthless blogger in Alaska puts a stupid picture up she sounds the alarm in protest like anyone else is supposed to care. Why is she more important than any other politician, well, ever, and should be immune to criticism? And the platform, she wants to start a conservative movement to unite the country??? Didn't she see the conservative movement just get summarily rejected by the American people? Doesn't she understand that people want a moderate and progressive government? Mitt Romney is looking better and better by the day. This woman needs to go away and go away fast.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/...ver-understand/

Clearly she plans to run for the presidency. Unfortunately she is sounding as moronic as ever. Not a great way to kickoff her campaign. Who is she even referencing in the "double standard"??? It's got to be Romney right? He's her main competition. She does realize he served a full term as Governor in one of the most liberal leaning states in the Union and when he was in the same exact situation as her, finished his term and took the two years after to make his run. If she's not talking about Romney who is she talking about? Obama? I never saw a resignation from office from him until he was elected President...Bush? Clinton? Anyone??? Also her spoiled little brat thing can't help her in the long run. The whole "wah-wah-wah the media hates me thing" gets real old fast. It's ok for people on either side to bash everyone else but when some worthless blogger in Alaska puts a stupid picture up she sounds the alarm in protest like anyone else is supposed to care. Why is she more important than any other politician, well, ever, and should be immune to criticism? And the platform, she wants to start a conservative movement to unite the country??? Didn't she see the conservative movement just get summarily rejected by the American people? Doesn't she understand that people want a moderate and progressive government? Mitt Romney is looking better and better by the day. This woman needs to go away and go away fast.

What he said. :thumbsup: