Surprise, Surprise....

7-9 for us this year. Rich Eisen asks him "so Marshall, for all the e-mailers in western New York, what do you think the Bills record will be this year?" The funny part is, he said it was because they got rid of a probowl LT even though last year he predicted 3-4 wins because LT was one of the positions we needed to address. :wacko: I like Total Access but these players turned analysts really make me :rolleyes:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, Faulk IS one of the worst IMO. Contradicts himself alot if you listen to him on a regular basis. He's also a worse homer for his former team than any of the other analysts I've heard. He loves him some St. Louis.

The Bills have gone 7-9 for three straight years. Thus, there is no reason to laugh at Faulk until the Bills prove they can buck this ridiculous trend.

True but it doesn't make him any less of an idiot...

The Bills have gone 7-9 for three straight years. Thus, there is no reason to laugh at Faulk until the Bills prove they can buck this ridiculous trend.

So last year's record is the perfect predictor of the next year's record? Must be because every pre-season mag usually just reprints the previous season's standings and calls it their "prediction".

PTR

7-9 for us this year. Rich Eisen asks him "so Marshall, for all the e-mailers in western New York, what do you think the Bills record will be this year?" The funny part is, he said it was because they got rid of a probowl LT even though last year he predicted 3-4 wins because LT was one of the positions we needed to address. :) I like Total Access but these players turned analysts really make me :nana:

Not to defend Faulk, but last year Peters was holding out, so he was right about the Bills having to address LT.

I recall last year we all got upset (including me) because when we were 4-0 and all of the t.v. analyst were saying they didnt buy into us. And they were right. I used to get mad every year when everyone would predict us to finish in 3rd or 4th. Well they were always right. So ive learned no one has any bias against the bills. They do in fact usually suck.

7-9 for us this year. Rich Eisen asks him "so Marshall, for all the e-mailers in western New York, what do you think the Bills record will be this year?" The funny part is, he said it was because they got rid of a probowl LT even though last year he predicted 3-4 wins because LT was one of the positions we needed to address. :) I like Total Access but these players turned analysts really make me :nana:

Take the under in the o/u # of wins. Jauron is good for 2 to 3 losses by himself.

The best Analysts who are former players are Phil Simms and Jaws. Those guys really give you insight towards the offensive side of the ball and they do a pretty good job of telling you how the defense is attacking the quarterbacks. Most analysts who are former players are usually TFAGS (Typical Football Analyst Guy).

A TFAG rather than tell you specifics of how a defense is operating they will just throw out a bunch of general football cliche like "They are playing with more heart and detirmination" or "They are just going out there and hitting hard". Most player analysts like Faulk or Mark Schlerth usually just spit out a bunch of those rather than tell you anything useful. Its not just former players who are TFAGS either.

When I watch Jaws or Simms they break down a play by telling you how the typical read for a player like a MLB or OLB is and how the QB recognized it or didn't. That is both interesting and useful towards my football watching experience.

I recall last year we all got upset (including me) because when we were 4-0 and all of the t.v. analyst were saying they didnt buy into us. And they were right. I used to get mad every year when everyone would predict us to finish in 3rd or 4th. Well they were always right. So ive learned no one has any bias against the bills. They do in fact usually suck.

i swear i have read this somewhere else before....

The best Analysts who are former players are Phil Simms and Jaws. Those guys really give you insight towards the offensive side of the ball and they do a pretty good job of telling you how the defense is attacking the quarterbacks. Most analysts who are former players are usually TFAGS (Typical Football Analyst Guy).

Chris Collingsworth is an upcoming star in the play-by-play arena

and to a smaller extent Sterling Sharpe is starting to make a few heads turn.

A TFAG rather than tell you specifics of how a defense is operating they will just throw out a bunch of general football cliche like "They are playing with more heart and detirmination" or "They are just going out there and hitting hard". Most player analysts like Faulk or Mark Schlerth usually just spit out a bunch of those rather than tell you anything useful. Its not just former players who are TFAGS either.

When I watch Jaws or Simms they break down a play by telling you how the typical read for a player like a MLB or OLB is and how the QB recognized it or didn't. That is both interesting and useful towards my football watching experience.

I prefer Aikman over Simms and Jaws is very good.

7-9 for us this year. Rich Eisen asks him "so Marshall, for all the e-mailers in western New York, what do you think the Bills record will be this year?" The funny part is, he said it was because they got rid of a probowl LT even though last year he predicted 3-4 wins because LT was one of the positions we needed to address. :devil: I like Total Access but these players turned analysts really make me :nana:

The Bills will finish 7-9-0 because they got rid of the Pro Bowl LT that helped them achieve a record last year of....7-9-0. Nice prediction, Faulk. :) Makes perfect sense to me. :unsure:

I saw Total Access last night and I didn't have a problem with Faulk's commentary. He started out by mentioning the late season collapse and Trent's poor play during that period. He mentioned that we have great skill players on offense but a lot will depend on Trent Edwards' progress or lack thereof and the shuffled O-line. He didn't like that we got rid of Peters without a replacement. He then added that we are in a very tough division.

How do you really argue with that assessment?

You are spot on my man. Nice post. Couldn't have summed it up any better. Not only did you tell us that

some TFAG's only regurgate useless cliche type nonsense, you explaned how to differentiate the ones they

do and the one who don't, and why there is a difference. You should be a TFAG. No sarcasam here, and those

two are absolutley the best.

I remeber when Lynn Swan was broadcasting, and he once said, "that man has two of the strongest pair of

legs that I have ever seen". I mean geez, just because you were smooth on the field, doesn't mean that it will translate

into smoothness in the booth. Is smoothnesss a word? Anyway, again nice post.