You gotta love the flutie magic

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

benching a guy with this much heart is why the football gods have been angry with the bills.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlig...QBs-Doug-Flutie

p.s sorry if the link has been posted, i couldn't see it on the wall.

I agree 100%. Flutie was a damn good QB. Too bad every team he played for was always looking for somebody with better "measurables". RJ should have never been signed,we already had a QB.

my second favorite QB of all time. benching a guy with this much heart is why the football gods have been angry with the bills.

I've never been impressed with trolls running around on a football field. Flutie never made it big in the NFL because he wasn't good enough. The guy has a cult following that I'll never understand.

Yeah, you gotta love the way he magically divided the locker room and got the greatest receiver in Bills history benched because he didn't have the arm strength to hit him on a simple out pattern. His greatest magic trick of all is when he finally disappeared. F^ck him.

my second favorite QB of all time. benching a guy with this much heart is why the football gods have been angry with the bills.

Flutie could have been and should've been one of the best, had he been allowed to play in the league. His biggest disadvantage was also his biggest advantage. At 5'8"ish, most defenders were unable to properly see him behind the line. Thus, he never telegraphed plays giving that split second advantage to both the running backs and the receivers. In a game of inches every little advantage counts. Its a shame that he was banished to the CFL because all the guy ever did was win. Forget other stats - he just won.

Yeah, you gotta love the way he magically divided the locker room and got the greatest receiver in Bills history benched because he didn't have the arm strength to hit him on a simple out pattern. His greatest magic trick of all is when he finally disappeared. F^ck him.

So you didn't like him? My sarcasm detector is a little off this morning after a long night of Cream Ale.

Flutie could have been and should've been one of the best, had he been allowed to play in the league. His biggest disadvantage was also his biggest advantage. At 5'8"ish, most defenders were unable to properly see him behind the line. Thus, he never telegraphed plays giving that split second advantage to both the running backs and the receivers. In a game of inches every little advantage counts. Its a shame that he was banished to the CFL because all the guy ever did was win. Forget other stats - he just won.

He was allowed to play in the league....he flopped in New England and Chicago. He wasn't banished to the CFL, it was where his skill level deemed he should play.

Defenders couldn't see him behind the line, correct. He couldn't see WR's down the field, correct. Ask Andre Reed what he thought of Flutie's vision.

I've never been impressed with trolls running around on a football field. Flutie never made it big in the NFL because he wasn't good enough. The guy has a cult following that I'll never understand.

:rolleyes:

Generally it is from people who look up to him.

Midgets?

Exactly! <_<

Except that the offense had to open passing lanes for him to be able to get the ball to his receivers. I think the way the way the offensive line was moving on passing plays was a pretty good telegraphing signal. He also had to rainbow his passes.

He was allowed to play in the league....he flopped in New England and Chicago. He wasn't banished to the CFL, it was where his skill level deemed he should play.

Defenders couldn't see him behind the line, correct. He couldn't see WR's down the field, correct. Ask Andre Reed what he thought of Flutie's vision.

Don't you understand all of the coaches he played for in the NFL didn't care about winning. :rolleyes:

Everyone remembers the games he won. Nobody remembers the games he lost...and he lost just as many...including a playoff game in 1999 in Miami that everyone conveniently overlooks. Once defenders stopped biting on his "jump-fake" move, his effectiveness went way down.

PTR

Flutie simply wasn't very good. That's why he ended up in the CFL. There's no grand conspiracy to keep the dwarf down like lots would have you believe. Flutie was effective the first time a team saw him, but once you had the game tape on him, he was toast. Not to mention he was garbage as a starter in 1999 and our D was the sole reason we got to the playoffs.

Also, how did flutie "just win" in SD when he went 5-11 in his final season?

So Fat Stupid Lazy Load Jason Peters undeservedly gets 'named' to the Pro Bowl - based soley on name recognition, and despite leading the league in sacks-allowed - and folks claim he's God-like, while Flutie wins Comeback Player of the Year Award and Pro Bowl honors but folks say he just wasn't very good.

Love the consistency. :rolleyes:

All by himself?

Amen ... if nothing else he was entertaining