The truth about Wood and Levitre

AP style omits the hyphen in most cases where "over" is used as a prefix.

And the overreaction I'm citing, of course, was the one in the first post of this thread.

Never mind then, carry on. I was wondering if you thought the discussion by other posters was said overreaction.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Brown Reports from OTAs:

"Veterans Kirk Chambers and Seth McKinney continue to hold down the starting roles at the two guard positions on the offensive line. Rookies Andy Levitre and Eric Wood are still being rotated in however, a good portion of the time. "

For those of you who think our Offensive line will be upgraded this year...here is a newsflash....These guys aren't even getting starting reps.

And oh by the way...Chambers and McKinney (who are currently starting over the kids) did not even start over Fowler and Preston last year... THAT'S how far off these guys are.

This is just sickening.

They are rookies and this is only OTA's - give it time and we will see. Chances are by camp one or both will get first team reps.

• 4 weeks later...

Bills Depth Chart from their Buffalobills.com as of 7/2/09

LT Langston Walker Demetrius Bell Jonathan Scott

LG Kirk Chambers Andy Levitre

C Geoff Hangartner Brandon Rodd Marvin Philip

RG Seth McKinney Eric Wood

RT Brad Butler

God I hope I'm wrong and these guys start against New England in Week 1.

RT Brad Butler

A little CPR for your thread?

RT Brad Butler

Depth Cart as a 9/2/09

LT Langston Walker Jonathan Scott

LG Andy Levitre Kirk Chambers

C Geoff Hangartner Brandon Rodd

RG Eric Wood Seth McKinney

RT Brad Butler Demetrius Bell

"Veterans Kirk Chambers and Seth McKinney continue to hold down the starting roles at the two guard positions on the offensive line. Rookies Andy Levitre and Eric Wood are still being rotated in however, a good portion of the time. "

For those of you who think our Offensive line will be upgraded this year...here is a newsflash....These guys aren't even getting starting reps.

And oh by the way...Chambers and McKinney (who are currently starting over the kids) did not even start over Fowler and Preston last year... THAT'S how far off these guys are.

This is just sickening.

look at it as a step in the right direction to address an area that has been neglected for too long.

RT Brad Butler

Vested vets get the nod over rooks until the pads go on. Nothing to see here...

LOL, It's OTA's man. OTA's is where you learn the playbook and the NFL game. Where people start means nothing at this point. Every team out there in the NFL doesn't throw their rookies to thew wolves day one one of OTA's. It takes time. The Bills like every other NFL team brings them up gradually.

You also need to understand that rookie Lineman will struggle with Blitz pickups. You have two options throw them to the wolves and let them get frustrated or let them watch some vets do it and then bring them in gradually.

They will be starting by the end of training camp baring injury.

Or not.

RT Brad Butler

Teams rarely update their depth charts after the draft. Some don't update them at all. The Jets' official site still lists Brett Favre as their starting quarterback. The Dolphins have a policy that they won't post any depth charts during the offseason.

The reason is because they can be so misleading this time of year.

True enough. Heck, some teams still mess with them during the season. I should still have a .pdf copy of the Bills' weekly release from 2005 when Mike Mularkey benched Losman for Holcomb ...

All three QB slots are blank.

True enough. Heck, some teams still mess with them during the season. I should still have a .pdf copy of the Bills' weekly release from 2005 when Mike Mularkey benched Losman for Holcomb ...

All three QB slots are blank.

They knew a lot more about their QBs than they were letting on.

This is just sickening.

Dude, they just got drafted in April. They have not even went to Training Camp yet. Give them "a little" time would you? I believe that they will be solid. Lets all hope so atleast

This is just sickening.

the only thing sickening is this post.you show your total ignorance and how truly clueless you are about the NFL game.

the truth is rookies are never inserted into the starting lineup especially in OTA's. its a common respect for the veterans to list them as starters and give them the reps in OTA's and in the begining of training camp. christ the rookies dont even know the freaking play book yet.when its time to compete in training camp things will quickly change.

the truth of the matter is the talent always rises to the top and both livitire and wood are much more talented and athletic than chambers and mckinney and that will be quite obvious in training camp and in the pre season.

livitire was the number one rated guard in the draft even though he played tackle in collage and wood was listed as one of the top 2 centers in the draft. so the bills selected the top 2 inside o/line players in the draft. they did not do that to sit them.

the bills were determined to be much more stout @ the center and guard positions and hangartner,wood and livitire were brought on board just for that purpose. they all play with a nasty streak and most importently they are very intelligent football players.

to put out such a stupid post after OTA's just shows you dont have a clue.

believe me come opening day both rookies will be starting. they did not draft them in the first round and trade back into the second round if their intentions were to sit these kids considering their other needs especially @ LB.

if the bills had any intentions of seriously starting chambers or mckinney they would not have invested such high picks in guards.

i know you dont know this by posting such a BS post but its very common and easy to start rookies @ the guard position in their rookie season it happens every year.

i'll be kind and just say your jumping the gun because obviously you dont understand the game very well.

Teams rarely update their depth charts after the draft. Some don't update them at all. The Jets' official site still lists Brett Favre as their starting quarterback. The Dolphins have a policy that they won't post any depth charts during the offseason.

The reason is because they can be so misleading this time of year.

Well put Tim. Lets aleast let them go through TC and play in the pre-season before you write them off as busts BB fan 4 Life. And we do play 5 preseason games technically, so lets hope that helps too

GO BILLS!

This is just sickening.

Camp hasnt even opened yet...rookies RARELY are getting starting reps at this point...another worthless post by someone who doesnt know what the hell they are talking about...

What is with the Plethora of worthless posts by lame newbs lately?

Camp hasnt even opened yet...rookies RARELY are getting starting reps at this point...another worthless post by someone who doesnt know what the hell they are talking about...

What is with the Plethora of worthless posts by lame newbs lately?

School's out.

This is just sickening.

This thread had died June 8th until you dug it up again. After everyone's reactions, aren't you glad you did that?

Is it just me or do their answers sound mature and confident ?

I spent only about a half hour with them, but I can say they both seem like nice guys. Wood and I had an especially enjoyable chat about Louisville, where I have a lot of family and he plans to make his permanent home.

I spent only about a half hour with them, but I can say they both seem like nice guys. Wood and I had an especially enjoyable chat about Louisville, where I have a lot of family and he plans to make his permanent home.

That's good to hear--too often it's mainly the negative stories that you see, a la Vick and Stallworth, these days. My wife and I got to meet Eric Wood at a Bills Backers event in NYC last month and I agree that he seemed like a good guy, very earnest and seemed to be very glad to be both in the League and playing for the Bills. Let's hope he and Levitre both have long and productive careers in the Red, White and Blue!

Its a long way to opening day.

What were you expecting?

Rookies to step in a beat out veterans in mini camp?

It just does not happen that way in the NFL.

Bruce Smith wasn't even the starter till after preseason

You don't just hand these guys starting jobs, the veterans deserve that much from the team.

Let's face it both of these guys are complete busts and just further proof that th FO is run by idiots. Neither Wood nor Levitre are starters, not to even mention they've done absolutely nothing to help the running game. Has Lynch or Jackson had one decent run behind them? No. Have they provided a key block for a touchdown? No. Look at Lynch's stats... he's done nothing since we picked both these guys. Facts are facts and you can't argue with figures. And the fact is neither of these guys have done anything worth getting on Sportscenter. I say trade them both now while we can still get a 5th rounder and a bag of chips for them. Busts. Called it first.

:thumbsup: