Del Rio Upset with henderson

Yeah, this seems harsh, but if you quit because of a bruise then you should have to turn in your testicles. Any male who doesnt give it to someone like that hasn't done his duty.

Maybe Henderson is available now. I know it might be just wishful thinking but getting Henderson here might give our D that nastiness we have needed for quite some time. If you could package a fourth and that conditional pick we got for Peters I would do the deal.

If we could get Henderson and a OLB ( there are still a few out there ) than I could feel really comfortable with this defense. But of course I don't see this happening at all because I think if Jacksonville was to put him out there some team would offer a third round pick for him and the Bills see next years draft picks as ultra valuable due to there being no cap next season.

Maybe Henderson is available now. I know it might be just wishful thinking but getting Henderson here might give our D that nastiness we have needed for quite some time. If you could package a fourth and that conditional pick we got for Peters I would do the deal.

If we could get Henderson and a OLB ( there are still a few out there ) than I could feel really comfortable with this defense. But of course I don't see this happening at all because I think if Jacksonville was to put him out there some team would offer a third round pick for him and the Bills see next years draft picks as ultra valuable due to there being no cap next season.

Unless Jack is TIRED of Coaching & looking to get fired, I don't see him trading Henderson. Who would he replace him with?

Unless Jack is TIRED of Coaching & looking to get fired, I don't see him trading Henderson. Who would he replace him with?

Exactly. I feel the roster is (unfortunately) set. The only way they bring in someone new is if someone goes down in training camp.

Well I don't see Henderson leaving the Jags the same thing could have been said and was said about us trading Peters. If the Jags are going to trade him it is because he doesn't want to be there and they want to get any sort of value for him. Its not likely but at least with him having friction with the staff maybe he just says screw this place trade me. Most teams don't want a guy who doesn't want to be there.

Its not a likely way to go but its more of a fans pipe dream in a boring part of the offseason.

I, too, feel it's a dream, long shot scenerio. However, if the Bills offered something of value to the Jags - and I don't know what that'd be other than draft picks, I could see them handing over a player who obviously has some problems with the coach. If we made the first move, something could happen. And, I think, if he stayed healthy, he'd be one player - one guy - if healthy, that could alter our defense from slightly above average to top shelf. If we could consistently stop the run, then our defense would look entirely different. Our corners could have a chance to shine, and our pressure guys could do just that without worrying as much about the run. So good, but probably not likely.

Del Rio is an idiot...a real meathead. Should Henderson come back to practice and sustain a real injury, don't the coach's remarks leave the team wide open to a lawsuit? I don't know the details of the labor agreement, but I would think this might qualify as coercing an injured player to continue to play.

Most coaches, at this point in the offseason, want their dinged vets to sit out small injuries, as nobody is winning games in June.

Yeah, this seems harsh, but if you quit because of a bruise then you should have to turn in your testicles. Any male who doesnt give it to someone like that hasn't done his duty.

Does John Henderson, the guy who asks to be slapped in the face to get amped-up for games, seem like the kind of guy who needs to turn in his testicles? I don't think so.

Del Rio is an idiot...a real meathead. Should Henderson come back to practice and sustain a real injury, don't the coach's remarks leave the team wide open to a lawsuit? I don't know the details of the labor agreement, but I would think this might qualify as coercing an injured player to continue to play.

Most coaches, at this point in the offseason, want their dinged vets to sit out small injuries, as nobody is winning games in June.

Considering the OTAs are supposed to be voluntary, and are supposed to be non-contact drills (which makes one wonder how Henderson injured his shoulder in the first place), Del Rio is opening himself and the Jags up to questioning by the league and the NFLPA. Of course I'm not stating anything that wasn't in the article.

The Bills last had an organizational identity when Ted Washington was the NT for their 3-4 defense. That team lacked QB play but they were still a playoff contender for half a decade because of that defense. The closest they've been to that since(and the closest to the playoffs they've been) was when Pat Williams and Sam Adams were lined up next to each other.

Knowing that history, if they could get Henderson it would be a real reason for some optimism.

Right now, the Bills defense is shaping up as very average and yardage permissive. That puts a lot of pressure on a VERY dubious starting offensive line. If they could turn into a 3 and out type defense that forces teams to throw the ball and doesn't allow them to burn clock, it would take a world of pressure off that offensive line and allow them to stick with the run.

Having good downfield receivers isn't going to make a difference if they cant give Edwards time to get the ball 20 yards downfield by keeping defenses honest. Imagining teams running off 10-12 play drives all day against our defense like they have in recent seasons, and then having the *new* Bills offense come out and no huddle their way off the field in 30 seconds........eeeh. That's actually not going to happen for long though because Jauron will then re-institute his ultra-conservative offensive football approach.....which means wasting the talents of Evans and TO in hopes of keeping a game close and hoping for that opportunity to kick a field goal to win the game.

Having good downfield receivers isn't going to make a difference if they cant give Edwards time to get the ball 20 yards downfield by keeping defenses honest.

Except that TO can go across the middle with the best of them, as well as long.