Marshawn bulked up a bit

Heitz

McIntyre was practicing the clean and jerk that is in his exercise plan.

Lynch isnt fast. He never will be. Maybe this is a good move for him, because as freddy gets more in the game plan and edwards opens up the offense a little he will fill the role of the thunder to jacksons lightning.

A 230 lb Lynch, who already is hard to take down, coupled with Freddy - maybe some two back sets - that'll be nice. I like Fred more around the middle of the field, but, man, when Lynch gets close to the end zone, he seems to will his way in there at times. I think it's a perfect fit for what we've got.

I thought for sure somone (Skooby I'm looking at you) would pick up on his saying "we have two happy backs" and get into some sort of the conspiracy theory about Rhodes and his unhappiness :ph34r:

Oh and the "hat to the back" steeze Marshawn's rocking makes me laugh...

Lynch isnt fast. He never will be.

Really a 4.46 40 isnt fast? Darren Sproles ran a 4.49, LT a 4.4, AP 4.38 so I don't exactly get where you can say Marshawn isn't fast this just isn't true. I couldnt find a 40 time for Jackson but would be surprised if it was below 4.46.

Lynch does have speed, we just haven't seem him running out in the open (due to a !#$!@ OL) to display it. I dont think that he displays it running off tackle (and he tried to bounce too much outside last year), but he is plenty fast, just not Adrian Peterson fast...

It's normal for players to do this. TC and the season are so physically demanding that a lot of players lose weight and fall below their optimal size.

The DJs training camps have the reputation of being anything but demanding. That's no the way he does it.

Why on earth would the press continue with the inane questions unless they were simply enjoying recording ML's language mangling speech?

Awyeah, mos def'lee, mos def'lee.

Lynch does have speed, we just haven't seem him running out in the open (due to a !#$!@ OL) to display it. I dont think that he displays it running off tackle (and he tried to bounce too much outside last year), but he is plenty fast, just not Adrian Peterson fast...

I can't recall the game , but didn't he do an "almost Don Beebe" last year after a pick or fumble that really showed the speed he has.

The RB's speed, and Marshawn's, are similar. I think what makes him seem slow is that he hasn't had a lot of opportunities to run more than ten yards without carrying people on his back. Still, when he has, he seems to get caught from behind after about twenty yards. I think the 40yrd times are not a clear picture on going the distance speed. Some backs might get faster and faster, or keep that speed going - as AP seems to, and some might hit their peak at the twenty yard or thirty, and slow down some after. I think a 100 yard dash time might be interesting to see.

Um, lets hope he didn't get drug tested that day.

Well most players in the NFL use HGH and you would have to be a moron to get caught using that stuff because I don't think the NFL uses blood tests. So even if Lynch is on something odds are like most NFL players he won't get caught.

For what its worth he sounded pretty decent in my opinion. The guy just got finished working out. And he had 5 microphones shoved in his face. How many of us out of shape middle aged guys would be able to speak after a rigorous work out? He actually put sentences together, and sounded fairly inteligent. Got to say i was expecting a lot worse from some of the comments on here.

Now if he would just stay out of trouble, he would not only sound inteligent but would be inteligent.

Well most players in the NFL use HGH and you would have to be a moron to get caught using that stuff because I don't think the NFL uses blood tests. So even if Lynch is on something odds are like most NFL players he won't get caught.

You're kidding right? The NFL knows what kind of aftershave these guys are using!

You're kidding right? The NFL knows what kind of aftershave these guys are using!

You are fooling yourself if you think that the NFL is on the level. About 75% and probably more of the players are on HGH or some other kind of performance enhancers. Men should not be 6 foot 5 inches tall and able to carry 320 pounds and run a forty in under five seconds. The NFL can only test for what is collectively bargained to be in their drug testing policy. In that policy they take a lot of urine tests but HGH doesn't come up in urine tests.

The only way to get accurate HGH test is to take blood samples (some even argue blood samples aren't completely accurate). The NFL players didn't agree to take blood tests because they know that a lot of players use HGH for bulking up and recovering from injuries. The NFL's drug policy isn't that great. It weeds out steroid users but all the guys who were on steroids moved on to HGH. We will see if the players give in to blood testing in the next CBA but I doubt it.

It sucks but there is just too much money on the line in professional sports to not have cheating. If you were in the NFL and you could take a drug to recover faster between games and you can't get caught using it why would you not take it.

Guest dog14787
For what its worth he sounded pretty decent in my opinion. The guy just got finished working out. And he had 5 microphones shoved in his face. How many of us out of shape middle aged guys would be able to speak after a rigorous work out? He actually put sentences together, and sounded fairly inteligent. Got to say i was expecting a lot worse from some of the comments on here.

Now if he would just stay out of trouble, he would not only sound inteligent but would be inteligent.

I was happy to hear that Marshawn was getting along with T.O. so far because I was a little worried they might rub each other the wrong way. The whole team seemed to really jump right down to business like they are all on a mission.

I have been very critical of Lynch and his offseason problems. After watching interviews like this one, I'm reminded of why I still really like the kid. He has a very likeable way about him and owns the interview. He is at a point where he needs to make a choice on what he wants out of his career. If he wanted to he could be this team's leader and the face of the franchise. I also think that he has one of those rare personalities that could get through to kids and take him in another direction personally.

Guest dog14787
I have been very critical of Lynch and his offseason problems. After watching interviews like this one, I'm reminded of why I still really like the kid. He has a very likeable way about him and owns the interview. He is at a point where he needs to make a choice on what he wants out of his career. If he wanted to he could be this team's leader and the face of the franchise. I also think that he has one of those rare personalities that could get through to kids and take him in another direction personally.

Marshawn's great with kids and he's a very likable fella, great to interview, he just has to keep his act clean for awhile.

Everyones counting on him.

Guess what another difference between you and Lynch is? You're not an NFL RB.

VOR:

The fact that I am much faster than Lynch is not really the point. Your straw man argument aside, no human can be fast while having strides that small. I do not exaggerate: four strides to cover five yards at full speed.

Compare that to Bob Sanders, who is of a similar build. He takes two strides to cover five yards and runs a 4.3.

VOR:

The fact that I am much faster than Lynch is not really the point. Your straw man argument aside, no human can be fast while having strides that small. I do not exaggerate: four strides to cover five yards at full speed.

Compare that to Bob Sanders, who is of a similar build. He takes two strides to cover five yards and runs a 4.3.

Im not sure where you are getting your numbers from. Four strides to cover five yards at full speed?? NFL OL aren't even that slow! Unless you run a sub 4.46, you are not faster than Lynch, sorry. You may wanna check this video and show me where your proof is:

Marshawn at full speed

Im not sure where you are getting your numbers from. Four strides to cover five yards at full speed?? NFL OL aren't even that slow! Unless you run a sub 4.46, you are not faster than Lynch, sorry. You may wanna check this video and show me where your proof is:

Marshawn at full speed

I also never heard of anyone having 7-1/2 foot (2 strides to cover 5 yards) strides.