If the Bills got Vick, we would welcome him with open arms

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's face it, we're fish.

Nope. I would seriously need to re-consider my support of an organization that would hire this guy.

1st off I love dogs. I have 2, and violence/abuse/neglect of animals sickens me. I can kind of understand person on person violence. I don't accept or condone it, but I guess I can understand it. But animals (especially domestic animals) are pretty much dumb, innocent trusting creatures. What Vick and his friends did sickens me. And the thought that his ability to run and pass may get someone to overlook the fact that he is a monster sickens me. Let the Raiders deal with him.

Not only is this guy total scum (even before the dog fighting bit), he is a sh1tty quarterback. He blows. I'll pass.

In our offense Vick would be uniquely imposing. He has a strong arm to take advantage of our weaponry and the speed to not only make him elusive against pressure (which would be a huge advantage considering our tackle situation) but making him another viable threat for teams to account for. I don't see how anyone could game plan against that. Also, Vick has that look like he wouldn't mind popping TO in his mouth if necessary =p.

That being said, I'm more than happy with Trent manning the helm and wouldn't trade him for Vick if I could. In fact, right now I'd be hesitant to swap Trent with any other QB in the NFL for the simple reasons of his youth and what I believe to be unlimited potential.

Nope. I would seriously need to re-consider my support of an organization that would hire this guy.

1st off I love dogs. I have 2, and violence/abuse/neglect of animals sickens me. I can kind of understand person on person violence. I don't accept or condone it, but I guess I can understand it. But animals (especially domestic animals) are pretty much dumb, innocent trusting creatures. What Vick and his friends did sickens me. And the thought that his ability to run and pass may get someone to overlook the fact that he is a monster sickens me. Let the Raiders deal with him.

Ditto!! The Bills would lose this fan :wacko:

if vick could win the bills games, then yeah, i'd welcome him.

at this point, with him being away from the game for so long and the fact that he depends on his legs more than his arm being a QB, I don't think he'd be able to help us any.

You're out of your mind...my season tickets are in row 20 & I would ask for any upgrade, in any section to get closer to the field to scream at that clown. He makes me sick...I'll boo him no matter where he goes.

NO CHANCE IN HELL THAT DOG KILLER COMES HERE!

Only you Skoob ... only you.

Sure, Vick has paid his debt to society and deserves a second chance ... I just don't want to see him here.

Beyond sending the message that we're desperate and will take anyone, I think he was vastly over-rated as a QB ... sure he had a strong arm and could run, but that's all he brings. The "mobile" QBs who survive in this league are the ones who can actually pass too (McNabb, McNair, etc ...). The rest are one trick ponies that eventually the league figures out how to defense.

Just say no to Mr. Mexico.

Not only is this guy total scum (even before the dog fighting bit), he is a sh1tty quarterback. He blows. I'll pass.

Really? what was it that he did before that dog fighting that made him a scumbag? And if you look at the stats since he has been in the league he has the 5th highest win% of QB's with over 40+ starts at this point. Thats right, Brady, Manning, Mcnabb, Favre are all on that list.

http://www.sportsfrog.com/2006/12/16/lay-o...-vick-a-little/

If this organization is so pathetic that they sign this POS, then I will root for the team to loss every game of every season until he and the front office who signed him are sent on their merry f*cking way. :wacko:

Really? what was it that he did before that dog fighting that made him a scumbag? And if you look at the stats since he has been in the league he has the 5th highest win% of QB's with over 40+ starts at this point. Thats right, Brady, Manning, Mcnabb, Favre are all on that list.

QB win-loss records are as irrelevant as goalie win-loss records. They do not necessarily measure a players ability. Vick is a below average QB. He is a great runner from that position but not a good passer. Would you take Vick over any of the other QB's you mentioned. I would not. I do not care if he plays in this league again, but I do not want nor do I think the Bills would ever consider signing him.

QB win-loss records are as irrelevant as goalie win-loss records. They do not necessarily measure a players ability. Vick is a below average QB. He is a great runner from that position but not a good passer. Would you take Vick over any of the other QB's you mentioned. I would not. I do not care if he plays in this league again, but I do not want nor do I think the Bills would ever consider signing him.

I would not take him over any of those other QB's. But facts are facts. He didnt exactly play on high caliber teams like the rest of those supermen either. To say that he sucked would be an opinion since he has proved to win games regardles of his QB rating, TD's or passing yards. I personally would like to see him play in this league again, only for the thought that he paid his debt to society by serving 2 years in prison and deserves to be given another chance. And you along with everyone else thought the team would never sign T.O. either.

My point is that this team needs to win. Vick has proven in the past that he can do that, and Trent has proven that he is average at best so far. I am a huge believer in Trent. But he has had injury problems the past 2 years, and if he cant get it done this year with all the weapons he has then he is not the answer.

guy paid his debt to society, I'd give him a second chance.

He wasn't a bad QB, he did get his team to the NFC championship game.

He was a bad QB. He will still be a bad QB. Yes, he can run like a deer, but I could care less about that. He falls in love with the TE, his WR's get neglected. Look at the wide outs numbers from his Atlanta days. If Crumpler wasn't open, he took off like a bat outta hell.

Did you forget about Mr. Mexico?

Scumbag through and through

This didn't need its own thead, but SKOOBY always wants attention....all you had to do was comment on the other thread with "If the Bills got Vick, we would welcome him with open arms" and you wouldn't be wasting space.

Mods please close

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sport...t_12162006.html

Attached is link to a list of player arrested in 2006 from the Washington Post. Still looking for 07-08. Point is that what Vick did is not any worse (as far as a criminal act goes) from what these other guys did any in my opinion what some of them did was worse than what Vick did. I think dogfighting is wrong and a horrible act but so are these other crimes and these players (with the exception of a few) remain in the NFL. Vick served his time and I beleive has the potential to use the lessons he learned the hard way to teach people (especially kids) that the crime and "thug" lifestyle are overrated and dangerous and to be a positive influence on them. The goal of our correction system is to rehabilitate and if it has worked let him be a teacher to others.

With all that said, I still do not want him in Buffalo (but not becuase of his personal history). I personally beleive he was the most overated QB ever. It is a passing position and he has, I beleive, the lowest completion percentage ever of a starting QB in the league. We have running backs we do not need a QB as another RB.

This didn't need its own thead, but SKOOBY always wants attention....all you had to do was comment on the other thread with "If the Bills got Vick, we would welcome him with open arms" and you wouldn't be wasting space.

Mods please close

Yet you come here to complain and waste more space, smart.

I guarentee I would not welcome Vick... I would immediately stop watching the Bills all together.

Ownes was acceptable he never committed a crime. Vick disgusts me.

Anyone who would accept Vick after what he allowed to happen to those dogs for pure sport / money is a digusting piece of crap, and I would then hope someone treats you in a similiar fashion

I guarentee I would not welcome Vick... I would immediately stop watching the Bills all together.

Ownes was acceptable he never committed a crime. Vick disgusts me.

Anyone who would accept Vick after what he allowed to happen to those dogs for pure sport / money is a digusting piece of crap, and I would then hope someone treats you in a similiar fashion

Wow. That's exactly how I feel about you.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/sport...t_12162006.html

Attached is link to a list of player arrested in 2006 from the Washington Post. Still looking for 07-08. Point is that what Vick did is not any worse (as far as a criminal act goes) from what these other guys did any in my opinion what some of them did was worse than what Vick did. I think dogfighting is wrong and a horrible act but so are these other crimes and these players (with the exception of a few) remain in the NFL. Vick served his time and I beleive has the potential to use the lessons he learned the hard way to teach people (especially kids) that the crime and "thug" lifestyle are overrated and dangerous and to be a positive influence on them. The goal of our correction system is to rehabilitate and if it has worked let him be a teacher to others.

With all that said, I still do not want him in Buffalo (but not becuase of his personal history). I personally beleive he was the most overated QB ever. It is a passing position and he has, I beleive, the lowest completion percentage ever of a starting QB in the league. We have running backs we do not need a QB as another RB.

really which on those crimes we're equal to breading dogs, locking/chaining them up, beating them repeatedly, turning them into killers, and then fighting them to the death on reagular basis for pure entertainment and money reasons.

I went thorugh the list and there are a few assaults, but none of those assaults were on going for years nor where any of the assaulted people chained beaten regulalry, and forced to become killers and done for the intentional purposes of entertainment and money.

nope what Vick did was worse in my book... and I'm not saying what others did was not bad.. but whayt Vick allowed ot happen was purposely and malisciously planned over a long period of time for the prupose of greed.

Wow. That's exactly how I feel about you.

How anyone could support Vick after that is beyond me.. but lets face the fact there are a heluva alot more people like me who feel your pretty disguting and disturbed

guy paid his debt to society, I'd give him a second chance.

He wasn't a bad QB, he did get his team to the NFC championship game.

Yes paid his debt. Killed no human, raped no Human.

Dog fighting while reprehenrible, is an accepted human activity in much of the world including large parts of the US population.

We kill millions of cows daily, newsflash.

He paid his debt, let him get on with trying to make a living.

You might welcome him, but don't speak for everyone. That guy was an *sshole long before anyone heard of him mistreating animals. I have been down in Virginia now for 16 years, so I was aware of him since his high school days. He was a total dick when it came to community around here. He didn't show up for his own charity golf tournament, he sent his dad instead. When we asked his dad where he was, his dad said he was playing catch with his brother (another stellar Virginian) in the backyard. This area puts out some real winners, Vick, Percy Harvin, Iverson, Plaxico Burress. People wonder why I tell them Western New York will always be home for me. You think T.O. brings media and publicity, as much as I think signing him will bite the Bills in the rearend, the Vick signing would be a ten times worse and a total Publicity nightmare.

Yes paid his debt. Killed no human, raped no Human.

Dog fighting while reprehenrible, is an accepted human activity in much of the world including large parts of the US population.

We kill millions of cows daily, newsflash.

He paid his debt, let him get on with trying to make a living.

Pacman Jones killed no human or raped no human0-I guess he shouldn't be suspended. They kill cows but it is in a more humane fashion and for a purpose to feed people like us, not as a sport. I agree he did his time, and that isn't why I don't think they should sign him, but for the reasons that almost every team in the league will stay aware from him. The protestors, upset fans, etc. that will make it a nightmare for any team that does bring him in.

I like Miller.

Well my opinion is that hes average at best unless he has a presidents trophy team in front of him. Hes proved that he hasnt made the playoffs w/o an above avg scoring team. Im no hockey junkie, but its a fact, he hasnt done it. Personally I like him tho. :wacko:

You might welcome him, but don't speak for everyone. That guy was an *sshole long before anyone heard of him mistreating animals. I have been down in Virginia now for 16 years, so I was aware of him since his high school days. He was a total dick when it came to community around here. He didn't show up for his own charity golf tournament, he sent his dad instead. When we asked his dad where he was, his dad said he was playing catch with his brother (another stellar Virginian) in the backyard. This area puts out some real winners, Vick, Percy Harvin, Iverson, Plaxico Burress. People wonder why I tell them Western New York will always be home for me. You think T.O. brings media and publicity, as much as I think signing him will bite the Bills in the rearend, the Vick signing would be a ten times worse and a total Publicity nightmare.

I really had no idea he was an !@#$ other than the Ron Mexico, and Dog thing. What are some of the other things hes done? Im serious.