If the Bills got Vick, we would welcome him with open arms

For all you out-of-touch people who would renounce your fan-dom immediately: Give me a break. There are people who are allowed to play and earn a living in this league who have seriously injured and even killed PEOPLE. Take your bleeding-heart feelings for your own family dog, and get a grip on reality. If you're going to take that hard-line stance, you should call for the removal of #32 from the stadium, and you might as well not follow the NFL at all -- they do allow Leonard Little and Ray Lewis to play.

I mean, you would stop following the team if they signed a player who served two years in prison and who they decided was remorseful and completely rehabilitated? I think that close-minded stance is pretty sickening and disgusting, personally. This is America, after all.

I would be done with the team not because I am closed minded. It is because I despise what Vick has done and I dont want to root for the team who gives this guy a chance. I have been a fan for almost 25 years, but I couldnt root for this guy just because the uniform he wears. I am involved in some causes and have raised money for animal rights groups and it is an issue that is important to me. What these people do to torture defenseless animals who want nothing but human companionship is nothing short of psychotic behavior. I dont believe he is truly sorry either. He is sorry that he got caught. if he didnt, "Bad Newz Kennels' would still be raping and torturing dogs.

I have season tickets with 10 others and we had the conversation last year and 6-7 of us would be done with the Bills.

With that said, I can see the other side and understand why Bills fans would remain fans and maybe even get excited (even though Vick's skills were questionable, and likely deteriorated). I have no problem with that and Im not going to tell people how they should feel. For some people, this charge isnt that big of a deal and that is fine. For others, they can look past any off-field troubles.... I myself can look past a lot.

Thinking that everyone should share your viewpoint is closed-minded in my opinion.

Its also worth noting I dont believe the Bills would be interested. All the talk just seems to be individuals' speculation.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, Im not high on Vick. But heres a little litmus test for you.

If Bruce clipped some teenage girl last week instead of getting pulled over for the THIRD TIME for DUI.....how many of you would cancel your hotel in Canton this coming August?

Who is condoning a DUI? I am not. As great a player as he was, he wasn't always the greatest guy off the field anyway. I spent almost 10 years down here in Virginia Beach working his Charity Golf Classic and have witnessed his personality. He can be nice, but he was never a player who gave a crap about the fans anyway.

I have to agree with the people calling hypocrisy. I think everyone understands what the Vick-crew did was wrong and on a certain level disgusting. What about the hunters with all kinds of mounted animals on their walls? Animals that certainly were not killed for sustenance on any level. Do most hunters take a knife, club and loincloth and hunt these animals in a FAIR and HUMANE way? No. They sit in tree stands with high-powered rifles, camo and the animal piss of whatever the hell they're killing all over themselves. Oh yeah, that's fair.

Just because modern society may have decided canines are "man's best friend," doesn't mean that all societies or cultures feel that way. If I did have a pet cow, would I have a justifiable position in being irate with the slaughter of my favorite pet?

In many parts of Central America, the fighting of animals is commonplace and accepted. My point being, the South has a culture and history of not only rooster-fighting but dog-fighting, as well. It's not right and should be illegal, but my God, you would think the guy had driven around and kidnapped every families Fido, to take back to his compound and torture.

In my opinion, Michael Vick, as big of a jerk and deplorable person as he may be, was targeted to make an example of. Two years is time enough. I don't want him, but if the FO thinks he could help us win 2-3 more games, I'm all for it.

For all you out-of-touch people who would renounce your fan-dom immediately: Give me a break. There are people who are allowed to play and earn a living in this league who have seriously injured and even killed PEOPLE. Take your bleeding-heart feelings for your own family dog, and get a grip on reality. If you're going to take that hard-line stance, you should call for the removal of #32 from the stadium, and you might as well not follow the NFL at all -- they do allow Leonard Little and Ray Lewis to play.

I mean, you would stop following the team if they signed a player who served two years in prison and who they decided was remorseful and completely rehabilitated? I think that close-minded stance is pretty sickening and disgusting, personally. This is America, after all.

Upstate, you are the man. Way to put things in perspective.

Nope. I would seriously need to re-consider my support of an organization that would hire this guy.

1st off I love dogs. I have 2, and violence/abuse/neglect of animals sickens me. I can kind of understand person on person violence. I don't accept or condone it, but I guess I can understand it. But animals (especially domestic animals) are pretty much dumb, innocent trusting creatures. What Vick and his friends did sickens me. And the thought that his ability to run and pass may get someone to overlook the fact that he is a monster sickens me. Let the Raiders deal with him.

Right here with this. Frankly, I don't think con-Vick-t should play another down in the NFL EVER again. Let him use the college education he was GIVEN to go make a normal living like the rest of us. If he failed to take advantage of that opportunity to get an education, tough. con-Vick-t is a scumbag through and through and if you think 2 years is paying his debt, it's a joke. about the only thing I'd pay to see con-Vick-t do these days is get in a cage and get his butt beat by some MMA guys.

Is hunting that deer and displaying it in their living legal? Enough said! Your point is useless.

You're an idiot. If you want to hide behind the cloak of legality, then the facts are that he served his time and should be given a fresh start.

The underlying notion is that what he did was morally reprehensible so that's why he shouldn't be forgiven and why you can't root for him.

So what are your thoughts on putting deer heads in your living room? Can you justify it in any way other than your lame contradictory legal argument?

You're an idiot. If you want to hide behind the cloak of legality, then the facts are that he served his time and should be given a fresh start.

The underlying notion is that what he did was morally reprehensible so that's why he shouldn't be forgiven and why you can't root for him.

So what are your thoughts on putting deer heads in your living room? Can you justify it in any way other than your lame contradictory legal argument?

Actually, seeing as how EVERY hunter i know takes the deer and has it processed, and then takes the meat and either eats it (uses it to feed his/her family) or donates it to a food bank/shelter I can agree with hunting. You do realize that between licensing, taxes, fees, surcharges and everything else that gets heaped upon hunters these days they usually pay much more than most of the environmentalists crying about hunting. Not to mention the work most of them put in going out clearing the undergrowth and tending to the area they hunt in. And if they aren't out there thinning the herds, then you get overpopulation, not a large enough food supply to sustain the herd and a half dozen or so other issues.

I have to agree with the people calling hypocrisy. I think everyone understands what the Vick-crew did was wrong and on a certain level disgusting. What about the hunters with all kinds of mounted animals on their walls? Animals that certainly were not killed for sustenance on any level. Do most hunters take a knife, club and loincloth and hunt these animals in a FAIR and HUMANE way? No. They sit in tree stands with high-powered rifles, camo and the animal piss of whatever the hell they're killing all over themselves. Oh yeah, that's fair.

Just because modern society may have decided canines are "man's best friend," doesn't mean that all societies or cultures feel that way. If I did have a pet cow, would I have a justifiable position in being irate with the slaughter of my favorite pet?

In many parts of Central America, the fighting of animals is commonplace and accepted. My point being, the South has a culture and history of not only rooster-fighting but dog-fighting, as well. It's not right and should be illegal, but my God, you would think the guy had driven around and kidnapped every families Fido, to take back to his compound and torture.

In my opinion, Michael Vick, as big of a jerk and deplorable person as he may be, was targeted to make an example of. Two years is time enough. I don't want him, but if the FO thinks he could help us win 2-3 more games, I'm all for it.

Who killed someone and still plays in the NFL???

Please stop comparing hunting to dog fighting.

Vick is a convicted felon....convicted. Not accused of something or tased in a parking lot. He didn't get drunk and piss in the bathroom sink at a bar. He was convicted on a state and federal level.

He funded a dog fighting network....raised them, fought them, killed them, profited from their death.

If the Bills want to bring in felons, more power to them. I have no interest in supporting a Bills rehab team in any way, shape or form.

Really? what was it that he did before that dog fighting that made him a scumbag? And if you look at the stats since he has been in the league he has the 5th highest win% of QB's with over 40+ starts at this point. Thats right, Brady, Manning, Mcnabb, Favre are all on that list.

http://www.sportsfrog.com/2006/12/16/lay-o...-vick-a-little/

It doesn't matter. Yes, he is very athletic and has a great arm, but he makes too many mistakes. Usually his mistakes are huge too. If you have ever watched him play instead of dumping out stats, you would have noticed that he single-handedly lost games for the Falcon's. Subpar intelligence and low accuracy don't mix well with QBs. We need a guy who minimizes mistakes - we gave up on JP already.

He is a clown with an absolute cannon and zero accuracy! We dont run a wildcat, so he makes no sense to us. If Trent doesn't step up to be the answer with the weapons he has now, then we are at square one next year, and will replace him with a draft pick and a free agent! Vick would solve nothing for us!

Pacman Jones killed no human or raped no human0-I guess he shouldn't be suspended. They kill cows but it is in a more humane fashion and for a purpose to feed people like us, not as a sport. I agree he did his time, and that isn't why I don't think they should sign him, but for the reasons that almost every team in the league will stay aware from him. The protestors, upset fans, etc. that will make it a nightmare for any team that does bring him in.

Pacman did something, and was suspended, and again, he paid his debt. Allowed to proceed with his life.

But you are right in that Vick is a PR nightmare and that should factor into any teram picking him up.

But, the crime involved, he did his time for and paid much much more than you or I would have ever been able to.

I am not saying anything should be penalty free. But, when the penalty is paid, then yes, they should be free.

Cows...are you kidding me? Do you have a pet cow? Did you ever hear a cow called "man's best friend"?

If this is an "accepted" activity, the community, in it's whole.....is not worth living in.

By the way, nobody said he couldn't make a living like a million other ex-cons. He lost his priviledge to play in the NFL as far as I'm concerned.

Dog fighting is widely practiced and widely accepted in many parts of the world. Including ours, open your eyes, genius. Cutting the fins off sharks to make soup, also.

Humans are the most brutal animal, by far, get over it.

In his last year playing Vick threw for 2,474 yards with 20 TD's, 13 picks and a 52.6 completion percentage. He also ran for 1,039 yards and 2 TD's. When is the last time a Bills quarterback gave us 22 touchdowns? As a player Vick could definitely help the team. Think about what putting a player like Vick on the field in the redzone could do.

In our offense Vick would be uniquely imposing. He has a strong arm to take advantage of our weaponry and the speed to not only make him elusive against pressure (which would be a huge advantage considering our tackle situation) but making him another viable threat for teams to account for. I don't see how anyone could game plan against that. Also, Vick has that look like he wouldn't mind popping TO in his mouth if necessary =p.

That being said, I'm more than happy with Trent manning the helm and wouldn't trade him for Vick if I could. In fact, right now I'd be hesitant to swap Trent with any other QB in the NFL for the simple reasons of his youth and what I believe to be unlimited potential.

The Bolded part is quite possibly the biggest misconception about Vick. Yes the guy is fast, and can make plays getting out of bad situations, or just to gain serious rushing yards. He's great if you want, a college system offense. He is however, and never has been "elusive against pressure". Peyton is elusive against pressure. Vick is just a rushing quarterback.

A little break down of sacks per pass attempt of more noteable qb's

Peyton Manning- Sacked once every 29 pass attempts

Tom Brady- Sacked every 18 pass attempts

Drew Brees- Sacked every 26 pass attempts

Phillip Rivers- Sacked every 18 pass attempts

Ben Roethlisberger- Sacked every 10 pass attempts

Jay Cutler- Sacked every 23 pass attempts

Tony Romo- Sacked every 20 pass attempts

Eli Manning - Sacked every 19 pass attempts

Trent Edwards- Once every 18 pass attempts

Michael Vick- Sacked every 9 pass attempts. Also has more turnover causing plays ints/fumbles than tds pass/rush

Passing/rush tds- 92 total- 71 passing 21 rushing

ints/fumbles- 107 total- 52 picks 55 fumbles 27 lost fumbles.

In his last year playing Vick threw for 2,474 yards with 20 TD's, 13 picks and a 52.6 completion percentage. He also ran for 1,039 yards and 2 TD's. When is the last time a Bills quarterback gave us 22 touchdowns? As a player Vick could definitely help the team. Think about what putting a player like Vick on the field in the redzone could do.

He also had 13 picks and 9 fumbles and was sacked every 8 pass attempts. Oh and the falcons finished 7-9. Vick finished his last 2 seasons going 15-17. I guess if you want to continue mediocrity cause the inability to have any potential as a quarterback impresses you, than vick is your guy. Considering he hasnt played since 2006, What about vick impresses you? His gaudy sub 55% completion pct. That he's never thrown for 3000 yards? That he creates more negative plays than positive plays? He's probably maxed out on his potential several years ago. I'd sooner want to see Drew Bledsoe back, than ever bring in Vick, and that has more to do with what I think of him as a quarterback, than as a human being. For as non nimble as Bledsoe was even he managed to only be sacked once every 14 pass attempts for his career.