If the Bills got Vick, we would welcome him with open arms

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. I would seriously need to re-consider my support of an organization that would hire this guy.

1st off I love dogs. I have 2, and violence/abuse/neglect of animals sickens me. I can kind of understand person on person violence. I don't accept or condone it, but I guess I can understand it. But animals (especially domestic animals) are pretty much dumb, innocent trusting creatures. What Vick and his friends did sickens me. And the thought that his ability to run and pass may get someone to overlook the fact that he is a monster sickens me. Let the Raiders deal with him.

Ditto - well said

Pacman Jones killed no human or raped no human0-I guess he shouldn't be suspended. They kill cows but it is in a more humane fashion and for a purpose to feed people like us, not as a sport. I agree he did his time, and that isn't why I don't think they should sign him, but for the reasons that almost every team in the league will stay aware from him. The protestors, upset fans, etc. that will make it a nightmare for any team that does bring him in.

How do you feel about people going hunting and proudly displaying the head of a deer they shot in their living room?

There is such a ridiculous hypocrisy when it comes to this stuff.

Yes paid his debt. Killed no human, raped no Human.

Dog fighting while reprehenrible, is an accepted human activity in much of the world including large parts of the US population.

We kill millions of cows daily, newsflash.

He paid his debt, let him get on with trying to make a living.

Cows...are you kidding me? Do you have a pet cow? Did you ever hear a cow called "man's best friend"?

If this is an "accepted" activity, the community, in it's whole.....is not worth living in.

By the way, nobody said he couldn't make a living like a million other ex-cons. He lost his priviledge to play in the NFL as far as I'm concerned.

nope. Mark my words. If the Bills get Vick, Im done. Season tickets, viewership, TBD, all interest will be gone. Verify it how you want I have no doubt that I would drop the team like yesterday's trash.

And if they win the team will have absolutely no trouble filling your seat and will bid you a warm farewell.

There is no chance the Bills would even get Vick. Vick isn't even reinstated by the league. I am not sure if he ever will be. How does one show remorse for what he has done anyway? He can finiance some dog shelters but most people will think it's for good press and fake. Vick doesn't appear to be a person who can change his ways.

To answer the posters question i would not open my arms to him at all. There is no excuse for what he did. None. I have always defended Marshawn Lynch and TO trying to put a positive spin on their attitudes or mistakes. With Vick i can't do it. I am a open minded guy and always approach things from as many angles as possible. I just don't see any angle other angle than Vick being a animal abuser.

And if they win the team will have absolutely no trouble filling your seat and will bid you a warm farewell.

they dont win and I support them anyways. They lose a good fan and Im sure they dont want to sacrifice too many. Micheal Vick wont result in wins anyways.

Cows...are you kidding me? Do you have a pet cow? Did you ever hear a cow called "man's best friend"?

If this is an "accepted" activity, the community, in it's whole.....is not worth living in.

By the way, nobody said he couldn't make a living like a million other ex-cons. He lost his priviledge to play in the NFL as far as I'm concerned.

it doesn't matter, a cow is an animal. one that is regularly inhumanely treated.

were you aware that dogs, rats, gerbils, chimpanzees, etc are tested on in laboratories? household cleaners, pesticides, chemicals, etc injected into them? and that it's been going on for a LONG LONG time?

I don't see what the huge uproar is.

Yes, Vick did something despicable. Are you guys in an uproar against all the companies that do product testing on animals?

they dont win and I support them anyways. They lose a good fan and Im sure they dont want to sacrifice too many. Micheal Vick wont result in wins anyways.

Actually, if they really are trying to move signing Vick and drivng out people like you is a bit of a master stroke.

I'd really like to be a fly on the wall of your house (and many other folks houses) if the Bills do sign Vick, he sits all year as #2 QB and doesn't play a down. TE gets hurt in the Super Bowl and he comes into the game. What do you do? Does the soap box come back out or do you, like everyone who was pissed about Jauron staying, TO coming in, Lynch not being traded/flogged/banished, Losman leaving, Edwards staying, Flutie getting benched for RJ, etc. etc. etc, get your popcorn ready?

Imagine your conundrum if he makes some insane play that wins the game. The thing you've ostensibly wanted for years upon years upon years is finally delivered by a person whom you find to be morally reprehensible. What a dilemma. If you don't think that'd be a major dilemma you're either in denial or not nealry the Bills fan you proclaim to be.

The worst day of my Bills fandom thus far was the day they signed TO. The new worst day would be if they sign Vick. The internal conflict sucks but in the end I've loved the Bills longer than I've hated either of those two and if they can help me get to my goal I can deal with my personal disdain for them as people.

Personally, Im not high on Vick. But heres a little litmus test for you.

If Bruce clipped some teenage girl last week instead of getting pulled over for the THIRD TIME for DUI.....how many of you would cancel your hotel in Canton this coming August?

I have to agree with the people calling hypocrisy. I think everyone understands what the Vick-crew did was wrong and on a certain level disgusting. What about the hunters with all kinds of mounted animals on their walls? Animals that certainly were not killed for sustenance on any level. Do most hunters take a knife, club and loincloth and hunt these animals in a FAIR and HUMANE way? No. They sit in tree stands with high-powered rifles, camo and the animal piss of whatever the hell they're killing all over themselves. Oh yeah, that's fair.

Just because modern society may have decided canines are "man's best friend," doesn't mean that all societies or cultures feel that way. If I did have a pet cow, would I have a justifiable position in being irate with the slaughter of my favorite pet?

In many parts of Central America, the fighting of animals is commonplace and accepted. My point being, the South has a culture and history of not only rooster-fighting but dog-fighting, as well. It's not right and should be illegal, but my God, you would think the guy had driven around and kidnapped every families Fido, to take back to his compound and torture.

In my opinion, Michael Vick, as big of a jerk and deplorable person as he may be, was targeted to make an example of. Two years is time enough. I don't want him, but if the FO thinks he could help us win 2-3 more games, I'm all for it.

For all you out-of-touch people who would renounce your fan-dom immediately: Give me a break. There are people who are allowed to play and earn a living in this league who have seriously injured and even killed PEOPLE. Take your bleeding-heart feelings for your own family dog, and get a grip on reality. If you're going to take that hard-line stance, you should call for the removal of #32 from the stadium, and you might as well not follow the NFL at all -- they do allow Leonard Little and Ray Lewis to play.

I mean, you would stop following the team if they signed a player who served two years in prison and who they decided was remorseful and completely rehabilitated? I think that close-minded stance is pretty sickening and disgusting, personally. This is America, after all.

One thing to keep in mind: Mike Vick couldn't go to Toronto for any of the Bills games - convicted Felon.

Just means he needs permission from Canada to come in.

Bob Probert (a Canadian) served 3 months for federal cocaine possession charges in the US and had no trouble going across the broder in either direction after his release. US could have deported him and barred him from re-entering.

Canada basically just needs to sign off that it's ok and he may have some stipulations while in the country.

How do you feel about people going hunting and proudly displaying the head of a deer they shot in their living room?

There is such a ridiculous hypocrisy when it comes to this stuff.

Is hunting that deer and displaying it in their living legal? Enough said! Your point is useless.