If the Bills got Vick, we would welcome him with open arms

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean what exactly are you saying? You would kill someone if they messed with your dog?

That's kind of ridiculous, my man -- a little out there. My only point is there are people who have done equally bad things and are still in the league. Mike Vick, like most people who make mistakes, has been punished and deserves another chance.

Some of you dog-facists are intolerable.

apparently you're not much of a pet lover...and if you're gonna get into name-calling (facists?), the discussion is over..name-calling is something you stoop to when you can't win a debate reasonably

As far as doing equally bad things and still in the league? The only 2 that top what this scumbag did have been out of the league for years....OJ Simpson and Rae Carruth...the only other one that comes to mind that is in that league is Lawrence Phillips. No one else comes close except maybe Pacman Jones. A mistake is something that Stallworth made...it's what Leonard Little made. Being engaged in organized criminal activities over a period of many years is not a simple mistake. I might almost buy that if he did it once because he was too stupid to know it was against the law. He knew it was against the law and he kept doing it for years. Hell, he lied about it after he was caught, too.

I have to wonder...would you people who are defending this scumbag defend anyone who spent over 6 years in organized crime...or are you defending him because he's an average QB?

BTW, I don't have a dog, I have a cat but no animal should be put through what that filth put all those poor animals through...and no, it's not a case of putting animals above humans (although some humans are lower than the lowest of animals)...it's simply a case of being a decent human being.

well I was 12 at the time and didnt have internet

Well, at the time I was 13, nobody had the internet, and I pulled his name out of recall just now on demand so that excuse is pretty weak. That signing was made by the Immortal Triumvirate of Wilson, Polian AND Levy. So if Vick would taint the Bills beyond reproach I would argue that they've been tainted (by their most hallowed leaders) for the past 20 years or more.

My entire point in this endeavor was to show that your team (and every other team) has already sold its immortal soul to the Devil of winning/profitability. There isn't a single team out there who hasn't had at least one player do something completely and utterly reprehensible to another human, let alone to animals. Granted, some have had more than others, but ALL teams have had this problem in some fashion.

Well, at the time I was 13, nobody had the internet, and I pulled his name out of recall just now on demand so that excuse is pretty weak. That signing was made by the Immortal Triumvirate of Wilson, Polian AND Levy. So if Vick would taint the Bills beyond reproach I would argue that they've been tainted (by their most hallowed leaders) for the past 20 years or more.

My entire point in this endeavor was to show that your team (and every other team) has already sold its immortal soul to the Devil of winning/profitability. There isn't a single team out there who hasn't had at least one player do something completely and utterly reprehensible to another human, let alone to animals. Granted, some have had more than others, but ALL teams have had this problem in some fashion.

doesn't mean we should be in favor of it continuing to happen. It needs to stop...Goodell is trying to clean up the league's image...banning Vick from the league for good would be a good step

By a landslide. We can probably get Vick for literally a song and a dance for many years and know that we have someone behind Trent that can run like the wind, throw a bullet and has had a level of success beyond his own mind. Why is this such a problem to understand for some here??

You do realize Vick is under the impression he will be signed for somewhere in the neighborhood of 10 million a year, he stated as much during his bankruptcy hearings. he's not signing for league minimum.

I mean what exactly are you saying? You would kill someone if they messed with your dog?

That's kind of ridiculous, my man -- a little out there. My only point is there are people who have done equally bad things and are still in the league. Mike Vick, like most people who make mistakes, has been punished and deserves another chance.

Some of you dog-facists are intolerable.

I agree con-Vick-t deserves a second chance, especially if he is honest about his desire to atone. However I don't think it should be in the NFL, he ruined that opportunity for himself. He was GIVEN a college education, let him earn a living like the rest of us. If he decided to be lazy and not take advantage of that education being given to him, let him work at a convenience store, not at a vocation where he can make millions and go right back to the same activities as before.

apparently you're not much of a pet lover...and if you're gonna get into name-calling (facists?), the discussion is over..name-calling is something you stoop to when you can't win a debate reasonably

As far as doing equally bad things and still in the league? The only 2 that top what this scumbag did have been out of the league for years....OJ Simpson and Rae Carruth...the only other one that comes to mind that is in that league is Lawrence Phillips. No one else comes close except maybe Pacman Jones. A mistake is something that Stallworth made...it's what Leonard Little made. Being engaged in organized criminal activities over a period of many years is not a simple mistake. I might almost buy that if he did it once because he was too stupid to know it was against the law. He knew it was against the law and he kept doing it for years. Hell, he lied about it after he was caught, too.

I have to wonder...would you people who are defending this scumbag defend anyone who spent over 6 years in organized crime...or are you defending him because he's an average QB?

BTW, I don't have a dog, I have a cat but no animal should be put through what that filth put all those poor animals through...and no, it's not a case of putting animals above humans (although some humans are lower than the lowest of animals)...it's simply a case of being a decent human being.

I'm not a pet lover because I wouldn't assault or even kill someone for messing with my dog? You, sir, are irrational.

I love animals and would never do anything to hurt them. I won't, however, take the leap off the deep end into the realm of bizzare over-reaction when something happens to an animal. I usually reserve my complete disgust for human rapists, human assaulters, and human murderers.

As deplorable and sickening as I may think Vick's actions were, I still can't follow your line of thought. What he did is absolutely unforgivable... no matter what?

Do you account for the fact that he may have been raised around dog fighting -- that it was part of his personal culture, per se? I just can't understand the myopic absolutism with which some of you have reacted on this thread. I guess it truly is a polarizing topic that won't soon be agreed on.

Part of me feels bad for the guy. I feel like some tree-house-living, grizzly-man whackadoo may actually try to kill him if he makes it back in the league. And by the fervor of some of the responses on this thread, I feel like some on TBD would think it justified.

FYI: If you die alone with your dog, it will eat you. Years ago I lived next to an older woman in an apartment complex, and when she passed away in her sleep, that's exactly what happened to her. The officers said that happens all the time. It's not like the little-guys will pounce on you immediately, but when the food runs out, their instinct kicks in. It's purely survival.

Oh brother...now here we go with the "raised around dog-fighting argument." He KNEW it was illegal and he kept at it for over 6 years. In what warped way is it ok that he continues to commit a crime for that long? It's not like he was too stupid to understand that it was wrong. He knowingly committed crimes for over 6 years...he's getting off easy getting out of jail so soon. If your parents were car thieves, does that mean you should be stealing cars when you get older?

And he didn't just mess with someone pet...Little Timmy's dog Fido disappeared and while his family is consoling the boy and putting up posters trying to find Fido, Vick is torturing and murdering a beloved family pet. It completely blows my mind that anyone can defend someone who did that as "he made a mistake" or "he was raised around it"

If something does happen to him, so what? Did he feel bad about what he did to Fido? I can understand feeling bad for someone who commits a crime when it was a stupid mistake and he's doing what he can to straighten his act out...but when you're knowingly and willfully involved in organized crime for a lengthy period of time...I think you need some serious punishment...and a 2-year jail sentence was a slap on the wrist...not a real punishment

We could use vick as a back in case trent gets injured most of the people on here just dont like him cuz of the damn dogs thats it people act like its was a freakin person like you dont eat meat, dont wear fur, never killed an insect (which is a animal) so get outta here with that BS...id welcome him and be the first in line to buy the Mike Vick Bills Jersey....

:lol::wallbash: :wallbash:

Oh brother...now here we go with the "raised around dog-fighting argument." He KNEW it was illegal and he kept at it for over 6 years. In what warped way is it ok that he continues to commit a crime for that long? It's not like he was too stupid to understand that it was wrong. He knowingly committed crimes for over 6 years...he's getting off easy getting out of jail so soon. If your parents were car thieves, does that mean you should be stealing cars when you get older?

And he didn't just mess with someone pet...Little Timmy's dog Fido disappeared and while his family is consoling the boy and putting up posters trying to find Fido, Vick is torturing and murdering a beloved family pet. It completely blows my mind that anyone can defend someone who did that as "he made a mistake" or "he was raised around it"

If something does happen to him, so what? Did he feel bad about what he did to Fido? I can understand feeling bad for someone who commits a crime when it was a stupid mistake and he's doing what he can to straighten his act out...but when you're knowingly and willfully involved in organized crime for a lengthy period of time...I think you need some serious punishment...and a 2-year jail sentence was a slap on the wrist...not a real punishment

Wait, wait, wait. You actually think he deserves some sort of physical repercussion, in addition to his prison sentence and loss of millions? Would you actually wish harm upon him because of this? Should he be put to death Hammurabi-style -- human's eye for a dog's eye?

No offense, but I think that's pretty sick.

And from what I understand, he wasn't riding around, stealing family dogs to torture.

Are you actually a dog? That's the only reasonable explanation I can arrive at, given your comments.

We could use vick as a back in case trent gets injured most of the people on here just dont like him cuz of the damn dogs thats it people act like its was a freakin person like you dont eat meat, dont wear fur, never killed an insect (which is a animal) so get outta here with that BS...id welcome him and be the first in line to buy the Mike Vick Bills Jersey....

:lol::wallbash: :wallbash:

people like to rationalize this stuff, "its part of the culture",

"its accepted in parts of the world", "hes done nothing worse than other criminals in the NFL",

"he's paid his debt to society". That may or may not all be true, but for my two cents

when a person throws a living creature against a concrete driveway until it dies, hes mentally f'uped and

rehabilitalion will not cure this. I wouldn't want him living in my neighborhood.

put to death? no....that's too good for him..plenty of other stuff that he did to those poor animals that would be punishment fitting for him...and it wasn't 1 dog...it was hundreds of them that he tortured and murdered

as far as the family dogs, you apparently missed the facts...probably all that hero worship of a mediocre QB is blinding you to them

finally

Are you actually a dog?
more name-calling...it's juvenile and cowardly to call someone names from behind a keyboard...all I'm saying is the same things that thousands of other decent human beings are thinking when they're disgusted by a criminal who did what he did...nothing more. Hell, I've heard and read a lot more extreme than I've said and while I don't feel the same way they do, I can't blame them for feeling like they do...he's scum...if he was on fire, I wouldn't piss on him to put the fire out

And from what I understand, he wasn't riding around, stealing family dogs to torture.

Actually, they were taking family pets and using them as training devices, to see if their dogs would attack a passive animal and so his dogs wouldn't have to fight each other. If you knew as much as you think you do about the case you'd of known that. While I cannot say whether or not Vick was there when this happened, he probably had knowledge of it.

Actually, they were taking family pets and using them as training devices, to see if their dogs would attack a passive animal and so his dogs wouldn't have to fight each other. If you knew as much as you think you do about the case you'd of known that. While I cannot say whether or not Vick was there when this happened, he probably had knowledge of it.

either way, it was his criminal organization...which makes him as guilty of the crime as any of the people he had working for him in most people's eyes

I have to wonder how the people defending Vick would feel if it were their child who was crying uncontrollably because he/she can't find Fido. Since obviously they don't give a crap how it affects other people

either way, it was his criminal organization...which makes him as guilty of the crime as any of the people he had working for him in most people's eyes

I have to wonder how the people defending Vick would feel if it were their child who was crying uncontrollably because he/she can't find Fido. Since obviously they don't give a crap how it affects other people

Hope you're not implying I'm defending Vick. If so you need to go back, reread and comprehend my posts. I've been saying I don't want him, on the Bills or in the NFL, period. He was given an opportunity for an education, if he squandered it, that's on him. Give him his second chance, just let it be in a normal 9-5 like the rest of us.

It's a pretty big stretch between defending Vick and stating that, in America, after a person has paid their debt to society that they don't deserve a chance at redemption.

FWIW - Fido got taken to the SPCA after he bit me on the face when I was 1 year old. I hope Fido got put down and Fido can kiss my butt from dog hell. Fido (Fudge in this case) never bit anyone previously and was definetly not trained nor goaded into being aggressive by my parents. Fortunately for me Fido was a lab and not a rottweiler, pit bull, husky or mastiff.

I don't like dogs. I don't like your dog. I don't care that your dog is a nice dog. I don't think dogs (or anything) should be abused or killed unnecessarily and I don't approve of dog fighting. However, I am the guy who will sue your ass if your dog bites me or my kid when we're walking down the street or sitting in our yard.

At the end of the day, a dog is a dog and a person is a person. Lassie was just a dog. One has more inherent value to me than the other. It sucks that some kid's dog got stolen by Mike Vick's evil henchmen. Will the kid get over it? Yup. Chalk it up to a life lesson learned. It doesn't make it right but the man has already lost everything including his freedom for 20 months. He's paid his debt. He should never be allowed to own animals again, but I think we can let him try to do his job again.

It's a pretty big stretch between defending Vick and stating that, in America, after a person has paid their debt to society that they don't deserve a chance at redemption.

FWIW - Fido got taken to the SPCA after he bit me on the face when I was 1 year old. I hope Fido got put down and Fido can kiss my butt from dog hell. Fido (Fudge in this case) never bit anyone previously and was definetly not trained nor goaded into being aggressive by my parents. Fortunately for me Fido was a lab and not a rottweiler, pit bull, husky or mastiff.

I don't like dogs. I don't like your dog. I don't care that your dog is a nice dog. I don't think dogs (or anything) should be abused or killed unnecessarily and I don't approve of dog fighting. However, I am the guy who will sue your ass if your dog bites me or my kid when we're walking down the street or sitting in our yard.

At the end of the day, a dog is a dog and a person is a person. Lassie was just a dog. One has more inherent value to me than the other. It sucks that some kid's dog got stolen by Mike Vick's evil henchmen. Will the kid get over it? Yup. Chalk it up to a life lesson learned. It doesn't make it right but the man has already lost everything including his freedom for 20 months. He's paid his debt. He should never be allowed to own animals again, but I think we can let him try to do his job again.

You were bit at 1 and still harbor hatred for dogs? My nephew was bit at 5 right above the eye and enjoys being around any of the dogs in my family. Similar situations, different results.

Like I said, give him his second chance, just not in the NFL. He chose to squander that opportunity the first time. Let him take the education he was given and get a normal 9-5 like the rest of us.

Thank God for another rational adult on the boards this late.

And for 9-5-guy: why can't he have his old job back? If a successful CPA was busted for the same crime, when he got out, should he have to shovel sh--, or could he just go back to crunching numbers?