If the Bills got Vick, we would welcome him with open arms

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he was a Bill, some here would go to great lengths to defend this POS.

I can honestly say that I would burn Stevens' jersey in the parking lot if he played for Buffalo. He, quite literally, makes me sick.

Yet somehow Vick is villified far worse.

Just seems beyond crazy to me.

You mean that a person didn't realize that they were drinking and then didn't realize they got in a car? License should automatically be permanently revoked, like they do in civilized places

I think your first sentence is rather ridiculous...I think what happened was that he didn't realize he had had too much to drink when he got behind the wheel. I know I've come close to doing that and I'd wager a lot of people on the boards have done so as well. Difference is, most of us learn from even coming close to driving while over the limit. I got pulled over on a random check last year but I had 3 drinks over the course of 4 hours and all 3 of those were in the first 2 1/2 hours of the night...blew a .01...but that's because I was smart enough to know when to say when...like most people are. Leonard Little was pretty stupid..and why his license wasn't revoked is a mystery. I know 2 guys that were busted for DWI before...1 lost his license for a year and was prohibited from leaving the county for a year without permission. The other, after a plea down to a DWAI, lost his license for a year as well as having to take a class. Considering Little actually not only hurt someone, but killed them, he definitely should have lost his license AND served some jail time as well.

Even though I think he deserved to go to jail, I can't condemn the man as if he meant to break the law like Vick did.

If someone breaks the law by a genuine mistake, I find it a lot easier to let it go than with someone who repeatedly breaks the law purposely for over 6 years.

I'm sorry Philster, but I have a hard time thinking that what Vick did is worse than what Little did.

Generally, DWI is not premeditated, that's true enough. But we're talking about a guy that killed a woman with his irresponsibility (am I even using a real word here?), and--despite knowing that, and carrying around whatever burden any normal person with a discernable conscience would be stricken with--did it a second time (that the law knows about). It shows a total disregard for human life, which--in my opinion--is of greater value than a dog's life.

Vick did heinous things to those animals, absolutely. Did he deserve to be punished? Undoubtedly, and severely at that. But he has been. He's lost everything. Even if he comes back, he'll have to prove he's capable of playing in the league (which some don't even think he did the first time he tried). He won't come back and play for millions, he'll play at or near the league minimum, which won't even cover 10% of the money he owes in bankruptcy court.

I'm not trying to say that dog's lives are more important than those of human beings...but I sure as hell can't just dismiss then as unimportant like some have here. Nor can I pretend to think that Vick paid enough for his crimes. I don't think 2 years is close to enough time in prison...and I'm pretty sure that the families whose pets he stole, tortured, and murdered don't think it's enough either

If someone breaks the law by a genuine mistake, I find it a lot easier to let it go than with someone who repeatedly breaks the law purposely for over 6 years.I'm not trying to say that dog's lives are more important than those of human beings...but I sure as hell can't just dismiss then as unimportant like some have here. Nor can I pretend to think that Vick paid enough for his crimes. I don't think 2 years is close to enough time in prison...and I'm pretty sure that the families whose pets he stole, tortured, and murdered don't think it's enough either

- I didn't mean to insinuate that you did

- Vick paid more in his 2 years than guys like Jerramy Stevens and Leonard Little did for stuff that's--again, in my opinion--worse

- I know this is a little nitpicky, but murder is the act of killing a human (so says Miriam-Webster anyway); Vick is not a murderer

I can honestly say that I would burn Stevens' jersey in the parking lot if he played for Buffalo. He, quite literally, makes me sick.

How many people here are starting stupid threads suggesting that we'd embrace him? How many articles were written saying that he's a possibility for us?

Vick's being vilified because he's the one in the news and people are actually saying things as stupid as " we would welcome him with open arms"

How many people here are starting stupid threads suggesting that we'd embrace him? How many articles were written saying that he's a possibility for us?

Vick's being vilified because he's the one in the news and people are actually saying things as stupid as " we would welcome him with open arms"

I'm aware of why Vick is villified, and never once did I say he shouldn't be. My point, Philster, is that guys like Stevens and Little have done--yet again, in my opinion--far worse and play Sunday after Sunday without a single word being said, let alone a public outcry of rage and venom like Vick sees.

Priority should lie with wrong-doings to humans, not dogs.

Vick is only villified more because of who he is. Honestly, the NFL has alot of guys who are worse than Vick. That doesn't say much because Vick is a complete scumbag. People often forget about his Ron Mexico days and how sick that was. The NFL does a great job of steadying the ship through constant horror stories.

A little off topic but just a thought. Young people today worship criminals and bad guys more so than ever before. Some posters here believe that it's a black thing to fight dogs. False. The problem lies with people idolizing the thug life and what they believe gives them street cred. It's not white and black. You have rap stars preaching it, you have sports stars doing it, you have the old time wannabe mafia goofs selling it, and white /black /hispanic youth trying so hard to be it. I have spent alot of time with young adults over the last 8 years and it's getting worse. It doesn't help that positive role models are routinely degraded by the media. They all could recite Scarface but many couldn't tell you who the vice president is.

Vick is only villified more because of who he is. Honestly, the NFL has alot of guys who are worse than Vick. That doesn't say much because Vick is a complete scumbag. People often forget about his Ron Mexico days and how sick that was. The NFL does a great job of steadying the ship through constant horror stories.

A little off topic but just a thought. Young people today worship criminals and bad guys more so than ever before. Some posters here believe that it's a black thing to fight dogs. False. The problem lies with people idolizing the thug life and what they believe gives them street cred. It's not white and black. You have rap stars preaching it, you have sports stars doing it, you have the old time wannabe mafia goofs selling it, and white /black /hispanic youth trying so hard to be it. I have spent alot of time with young adults over the last 8 years and it's getting worse. It doesn't help that positive role models are routinely degraded by the media. They all could recite Scarface but many couldn't tell you who the vice president is.

:thumbsup:

- I didn't mean to insinuate that you did

- Vick paid more in his 2 years than guys like Jerramy Stevens and Leonard Little did for stuff that's--again, in my opinion--worse

- I know this is a little nitpicky, but murder is the act of killing a human (so says Miriam-Webster anyway); Vick is not a murderer

-some people have been trying to insinuate that a lot of us are putting dogs above humans

-regarding Stevens, I guess I just didn't pay a lot of attention to what happened...I remember he did something that only a scumbag would do but wasn't sure what. Reading that article, he ranks up there in the list of all-time scumbags right with Vick and Phillips

-Little was an idiot who made stupid mistakes. While the result of one of those mistakes had the worst possible outcome, I can't rank him as a total scumbag because it was unintentional

-yeah, that is a little nitpicky...but a lot of family pets are treated as, and thought of as, part of the family...some act almost human sometimes..lol...my cat loves watching football but is so-so about hockey. Point is, a lot of pets are loved just as if they were human sometimes. I'd wager some of those pets that Vick massacred were loved like that...and some of the pit bulls that were rescued from him are loved like that now

-some people have been trying to insinuate that a lot of us are putting dogs above humans

-regarding Stevens, I guess I just didn't pay a lot of attention to what happened...I remember he did something that only a scumbag would do but wasn't sure what. Reading that article, he ranks up there in the list of all-time scumbags right with Vick and Phillips

-Little was an idiot who made stupid mistakes. While the result of one of those mistakes had the worst possible outcome, I can't rank him as a total scumbag because it was unintentional

-yeah, that is a little nitpicky...but a lot of family pets are treated as, and thought of as, part of the family...some act almost human sometimes..lol...my cat loves watching football but is so-so about hockey. Point is, a lot of pets are loved just as if they were human sometimes. I'd wager some of those pets that Vick massacred were loved like that...and some of the pit bulls that were rescued from him are loved like that now

In order:

- agreed, those people show lack of attention

- yeah, that article is a real eye-opener as to how horrible a person Stevens really is...blah

- the first mistake, I'll give Little the benefit of the doubt...the 2nd DWI shows lack of remorse and responsibility in my opinion

- I understand, people LOVE their pets, and that's great...I guess I just wanted to point out for the record that he's not a "murderer"

great, great social commentary. sounds like you spend a lot of time with youths...i give you much credit!

however, there are still a LOT of kids that don't buy into that crappola.

great, great social commentary. sounds like you spend a lot of time with youths...i give you much credit!

however, there are still a LOT of kids that don't buy into that crappola.

Absolutely, but it's a tough road for kids to avoid today.

- the first mistake, I'll give Little the benefit of the doubt...the 2nd DWI shows lack of remorse and responsibility in my opinion

I'm puzzled as to why he was able to commit that 2nd DWI..both people that I know who got DWIs had their licenses suspended for a year each...and neither one of them hurt anyone or killed anyone. I know different states have different laws and penalties but that's ridiculous that he was driving again so soon after the first DWI..especially when it ended in a death.