Bills and Freddie Jackson agree on an extension

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/story/670181.html

The Buffalo Bills and running back Fred Jackson have agreed to terms on a contract extension. The team announced the agreement but did not disclose terms of the deal.

Jackson was an exclusive rights free agent so he couldn't negotiate with any other team. The Bills had made him a minimum contract offer of $460,000 under which Jackson would have played had a new deal not been negotiated.

The three-year veteran has played in 24 career games with four starts. He set a career-high with 571 rushing yards on 130 carries, including three touchdowns and added 37 catches for 317 yards in 2008. He is expected to start the first three games of the 2009 season while Marshawn Lynch serves a suspension.

Jackson has recorded 871 rushing yards on 188 attempts and 507 receiving yards on 59 catches in his career.

A product of Coe College and a Forth Worth, Texas native, Jackson joined Buffalo in September 2006 on the team�s practice squad.

:rolleyes:

About freaking time. He is my favorite Buffalo Bill.

Why would you get yourself so worked up about the length of time it took the Bills & Jackson to come to an agreement? I could of told you back in March that jackson was going to sign an extension this offseason. He has no other choice. You should of never sweated this one.

Why would you get yourself so worked up about the length of time it took the Bills & Jackson to come to an agreement? I could of told you back in March that jackson was going to sign an extension this offseason. He has no other choice. You should of never sweated this one.

People around here need to panic. The Bills prove once again if you show up you get paid. Kelsay..shows up..paid. Evans..shows up..paid. Jackson...shows up...paid. Peters...doesn't show up....

PTR

I agree. As long as they got it done by training camp, it wasn't an issue. I am very pleased to have Freddy on this team for a few more years!

I'll be curious to see what the contract value and length is.....I hope it's at least 4 or 5 years, so we do not have to go through this again. Freddy is worth more than $460K, and he may have been willing to sign a nice long deal to get a bump in pay this year.

People around here need to panic. The Bills prove once again if you show up you get paid. Kelsay..shows up..paid. Evans..shows up..paid. Jackson...shows up...paid. Peters...doesn't show up....

PTR

As soon as the Bills made Jackson the qualifying offer, making him an exclusive rights free agent, he had no other move except to negotiate a new contract with the bills or play on the one year tender. He was not going to do that since the bills could do the same thing next year & he would be in the same situation. People need to relax around here when it comes to contract extensions. They do not draw them up on a napkin over wings & a pitcher of beer at Duffs. These things take time.

Jabari Greer...shows up...

Well when they draft a guy in round one at your position, and you are in a contract year, odds are you better start looking for a mover. Didn't they make Greer an offer? I think he just got a better one from somewhere else. Thats the way it works.

Jabari Greer...shows up...

And got paid a little more by the Saints, after dilly-dallying with negotiations with the Bills and other teams. Not a slight against him, but he didn't get in the big money pool and the Bills had to move on Florence.

And got paid a little more by the Saints, after dilly-dallying with negotiations with the Bills and other teams. Not a slight against him, but he didn't get in the big money pool and the Bills had to move on Florence.

Even the mighty Cheatriots* let players go when they get too expensive.

PTR