McCargo

i gave up on him too, but i will say there is always a shot. if he comes back and plays then it's a huge bonus.

he did have mad quicks and some skill, it was his mistakes and horrible conditioning that hurt him IMO.

i dunno, if he can look like a 1st round pick should look along w the rest of our guys, we could have some real pass rushers on 3rd and long.

I get a little nervous about the "bulging disc" thing. I'd love to see the guy succeed. I'd love to see him be dominant! But I don't want to see another Kevin Everett. Just saying don't be surprised if he bails out, and I wouldn't blame him.

well seeing as how there are no real affordable upgrades available at the DT spot the answer is going to have to come from what we have. Stroud is a stud but Williams is more of a really good rotational player. Spencer Johnson or McCargo has to be the answer and Johnson seems like a better fit as a role player.

McCargo has to show up big this year and its an encouraging sign that he is at least giving it his all during this offseason. The one thing that scares me is if he has potential why did the Bills try and ship him off to the Colts for not much in return? I hope McCargo develops so when Stroud hits the wall in the next two to three years we aren't left with nothing at the DT position. But I am not counting on it at all.

The difficult thing is I do not remember seeing much flexibility in how these 3 players demonstrated skills in being used flexibly or proved to be such a monster in play at their position that I see much of a leg up for any of these three.

Dazed and confused, indeed! One of the funkiest 'sentences' I have ever read.

Mind if I send it into one of those 'worst sentences' contests? We'll split the winnings!

Smoke another one, Dazed, it's Friday.

Go McCargo; if players like he and Ellis have good years, it could make for a very interesting season...

I've given up on the guy, but even so, this can only be a good thing. Here's to hoping he proves we haters wrong.

I completely agree. I just don't possess the frame of mind that would allow me to expect McCargo to be a good football player, yet I would love to be proven wrong.

It would be a different defense if this guy was a good DT. We are awful at this position except for Stroud, who isn't young.

Defensive tackle seems to be one of the hardest positions to come and play early in your career. I think as a 21 year old man you are just not strong enough to play DT. Full grown man strength does not come until a little later on. This is when we as fans usually see a change in the player and his abilities. I am having trouble thinking of a DT who came in the league his first year and just dominated. Maybe Haloti from Baltimore but that is the only recent person I can think of.

P.R. reply from Chris Brown. He's a lazy underachieving tub of lard in the Mike Williams mold- that's why Kollar and McCargo didn't get along. Kollar actually demanded effort.

Defensive tackle seems to be one of the hardest positions to come and play early in your career. I think as a 21 year old man you are just not strong enough to play DT. Full grown man strength does not come until a little later on. This is when we as fans usually see a change in the player and his abilities. I am having trouble thinking of a DT who came in the league his first year and just dominated. Maybe Haloti from Baltimore but that is the only recent person I can think of.

Tommy Harris got real good real quick.