According to PFW.....

Dibs

I don't know if this has been posted.....and I'm not sure it deserves a new thread.....but Pro Football Weekly has the Bills drafted players ranked extremely high on their draft boards.

#1 DE Aaron Maybin

#2 C(but equally rated) Eric Wood

#5 CB Jarius Byrd(would rate as the #2 Safety)

#1 OG Andy Levitre

#3 TE Shawn Nelson

If PFW analysis of talent holds, this has been a very good draft for the Bills :rolleyes:

I don't know if this has been posted.....and I'm not sure it deserves a new thread.....but Pro Football Weekly has the Bills drafted players ranked extremely high on their draft boards.

#1 DE Aaron Maybin

#2 C(but equally rated) Eric Wood

#5 CB Jarius Byrd(would rate as the #2 Safety)

#1 OG Andy Levitre

#3 TE Shawn Nelson

If PFW analysis of talent holds, this has been a very good draft for the Bills ;)

:rolleyes:

Buffalo Bills — This draft could produce five starters in DE Aaron Maybin, C Eric Wood, S-CB Jairus Byrd, OG Andy Levitre and TE Shawn Nelson, the first two of whom may have Pro Bowl potential. However, the subtraction of a high-level performer such as OLT Jason Peters brings an exceptional draft back down to earth. Projecting Byrd to safety involves some risk, but he will likely wind up at cornerback eventually. Overall, there was a higher emphasis on character than there has been in Buffalo with many recent acquisitions, which is also a plus. GM Russ Brandon and vice president of college scouting Tom Modrak upgraded the roster significantly via the draft.

Grade: Good

Orakpo is missing from the DE ratings (he was the #2 OLB).

Cary Harris was the #22 DB and Ellis Lankster was #33.

Nick Harris was the #3 Strong Safety:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr...rngSafeties.htm

Really not too shabby, on paper.

Thanks for that Dean....I stopped at Harris because I couldn't find him. Didn't look under Safety.

I really think in about 4 or 5 years when the Bills get back to being a good team, people will look back at this draft specifically and talk about how it really laid the foundation for their success... I really think this might have been their best draft in a long, long, long time....perhaps going back more than 20 years...

I am so sick and tired of writers praising Peters while analyzing our draft. This guy had one good year, and was very average last year. Tackle is a critical position, but I really don't think Walker will be a step down from what we saw with Peters last year.

I really think in about 4 or 5 years when the Bills get back to being a good team, people will look back at this draft specifically and talk about how it really laid the foundation for their success... I really think this might have been their best draft in a long, long, long time....perhaps going back more than 20 years...

You really think it is going to be 4 or 5 years before they become a good team? While I have high hopes for this draft, I suspect that the 2007 draft will go down as the draft that turned this franchise around and hopefully the trio of drafts from 2007 through this year will make them better sooner then 4 or 5 years from now.

I am so sick and tired of writers praising Peters while analyzing our draft. This guy had one good year, and was very average last year. Tackle is a critical position, but I really don't think Walker will be a step down from what we saw with Peters last year.

Mark Schlereth called Peters "an absolute mauler" on NFL live today. Did he ever watch him play?? Even in '07 Peters wasn't "mauling" anybody.

This is certainly a draft with promise but history suggests half of these great prospects will likely not play at a high level in the NFL. Perhaps the Bills buck the odds with this draft but we need time to tell.

The difference with some of this draft is that we drafted an interior OLman in the 1st round. Interior 1st round OLmen never bust.....it hasn't happened in about 20 years. Also.....the 2nd round interior OLmen have a much lower bust rate than other positions. I expect Wood to be at least a solid starter for years to come. Maybin on the other hand......50/50. I think talent analysis for OGs & Cs must be much easier than for all other positions.

Personally I'm elated that we went OL interior early. :rolleyes:

The more I read about Byrd, his pedigree, his familiarity with the pro game, and his smarts, the more I'm convinced he's our immediate starter at FS. Something tells me we're gonna love this kid. But, as I've mentioned before, I love DBs named Byrd. They always do well in Buffalo.

GO BILLS!!!

those rankings are very similar to other notable rankings:

Gosselin's top 100 compiled from talking with league scouts:

Maybin - #1 DE

Wood - #2 interior offensive (guards or centers)

Jairus Byrd - #6 CB - no ranking of him as a safety

Andy Levitre - #4 interior offensive lineman (guards or centers)

Shawn Nelson - #3 Tight End

Mark Schlereth called Peters "an absolute mauler" on NFL live today. Did he ever watch him play?? Even in '07 Peters wasn't "mauling" anybody.

I agree. Pretty good pass blocker which is what you want at LT but I don't remember him "mauling " anyone in the running game. I liked Peters but he is clearly overrated.

The first year Peters made the pro-bowl he deserved it and he is a run blocking force. However, they seem to ignore his lack of production last year and his poor attitude about being a team player.

The difference with some of this draft is that we drafted an interior OLman in the 1st round. Interior 1st round OLmen never bust.....it hasn't happened in about 20 years. Also.....the 2nd round interior OLmen have a much lower bust rate than other positions. I expect Wood to be at least a solid starter for years to come. Maybin on the other hand......50/50. I think talent analysis for OGs & Cs must be much easier than for all other positions.

Personally I'm elated that we went OL interior early. :)

Thanks for jinxing them Dibs. :thumbsup::huh:

The first year Peters made the pro-bowl he deserved it and he is a run blocking force. However, they seem to ignore his lack of production last year and his poor attitude about being a team player.

Thanks for jinxing them Dibs. :thumbsup::huh:

It's ironic that in 2007 we actually had BETTER success running to the Butler/Walker side. One might say DRAMATICALLY better success.

GO BILLS!!!