According to PFW.....

Dibs

I agree. Pretty good pass blocker which is what you want at LT but I don't remember him "mauling " anyone in the running game. I liked Peters but he is clearly overrated.

It's just so obvious when you watch shows like NFL Live (or God forbid...Around the Horn - the *worst* sports show on television) that the national news never pays attention to Buffalo. All these generic comments and characterizations that were patently false.

It's ironic that in 2007 we actually had BETTER success running to the Butler/Walker side. One might say DRAMATICALLY better success.

GO BILLS!!!

I noticed this a lot last year too. It seemed we always ran better to the right than to the left. Frustrated the hell out om since that was the Peters-Dockery side of the line.

Buffalo Bills — This draft could produce five starters in DE Aaron Maybin, C Eric Wood, S-CB Jairus Byrd, OG Andy Levitre and TE Shawn Nelson, the first two of whom may have Pro Bowl potential. However, the subtraction of a high-level performer such as OLT Jason Peters brings an exceptional draft back down to earth. Projecting Byrd to safety involves some risk, but he will likely wind up at cornerback eventually. Overall, there was a higher emphasis on character than there has been in Buffalo with many recent acquisitions, which is also a plus. GM Russ Brandon and vice president of college scouting Tom Modrak upgraded the roster significantly via the draft.

Grade: Good

Geez, I'm sorry, i know it is a "Good" grade, but I don't understand comments like this.

If you want to state the loss of Peters necessitated them getting an OT in the draft and they didn't, THEN SAY THAT. Otherwise the comment is wrong.

Other than the picks we got for Peters he has nothing to do with this draft class. Why not just mention that because we lost Crowell in free agency this draft wasn't as good b/c we did not get a starting LB? Yes, I know, even though he wasn't the starting LB for us last year, but you get my point.

Additionally, have the bills made any comments along the lines of, "We see Byrd as a Safety, but come on, he'll eventually go back to corner because we see him excelling at the position due to his one-step-behind lack of corner speed."

?

:huh::thumbsup:

I really like this draft. I cant remember when I was so excited for the start of Training Camp like I am now. I cant wait to see how all our off season moves will result. I dont think we are there yet, but we could be very close to the playoffs this year. I hate to say it, but I hope if the team does well enough this season, we will keep the current Front Office and Coaching staff. I dont know if I could go through another rebuilding.

Things are finally looking like there going the right direction.

When does mini-camp start? Training camp probably mid to end of July?

From Billsdaily.com

May 1-3 Rookie Minicamp

May 18-20 League Spring Meetings

May 18-20 1st Week OTAs

May 26-29 2nd Week OTAs

Jun 2-5 & 8 3rd Week OTAs

Jun 9-11 Mandatory Minicamp

6/28-7/1 Rookie Symposium

Aug 8 HOF Ceremony

Aug 9 HOF Game

Sept 1 Roster cutdown to 75

Sept 5 Roster cutdown to 53

Sept 14 Bills open season in NE at 7pm

Orakpo is missing from the DE ratings (he was the #2 OLB).

Cary Harris was the #22 DB and Ellis Lankster was #33.

Nick Harris was the #3 Strong Safety:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr...rngSafeties.htm

Really not too shabby, on paper.

I like getting a guy like Nic Harris. A safety with that size becoming a LB would have pretty good instincts for the ball. Not saying he's going to be another #54, but Brian Urlacher made that same transition from college to pro.

I don't know if this has been posted.....and I'm not sure it deserves a new thread.....but Pro Football Weekly has the Bills drafted players ranked extremely high on their draft boards.

#1 DE Aaron Maybin

#2 C(but equally rated) Eric Wood

#5 CB Jarius Byrd(would rate as the #2 Safety)

#1 OG Andy Levitre

#3 TE Shawn Nelson

If PFW analysis of talent holds, this has been a very good draft for the Bills :thumbsup:

these are the exact same ratings form espn's scouts.com

I like getting a guy like Nic Harris. A safety with that size becoming a LB would have pretty good instincts for the ball. Not saying he's going to be another #54, but Brian Urlacher made that same transition from college to pro.

I'm glad you aren't saying that because #54 is a freak and Nic isn't even close and will never hold his jock strap so that's a horrible comparison