Tony Gonzalez traded to Atlanta

Good trade for both teams. Playoff caliber Falcons get a TE, rebuilding Chiefs get a solid pick for Gonzo. Pioli will be smart and stockpile picks; they are likely to trade down to one of the teams desparate for a QB.

Agreed. And Pettigrew at #28 would be amazing. And I know it is all heresy, but Andre Smith + Pettigrew > Peters + Royal

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is definitely 50/50 between Pettigrew and Wells/Moreno at 21 for Philadelphia. Even though TE is a more pressing need, they may have a shot at getting the top RB in the draft. It's a tough call. It should be interesting to see what happens, that's for sure.

From what I've seen they love Moreno and considering the tread (or lack there of) on Westbrook's tires I think they are going to go RB.

IMO, Philly needs a wide receiver in the worst way. I can see Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt going to Philly instead.

Nicks and Britt aren't first round talents (Britt might be a high 2, I think Nicks certainly isn't). Maybe Heyward-Bey. Besides, I wouldn't expect Reid to take a 1st round WR, but that's just me. I hope you're right, but I think you're wrong.

I don't think Andy Reid values RB's in the 1st round, and I don't know that I bame him. I think I've heard he's never drafted a RB in the first round, but sometimes those stats can be very misleading. For example if you find a franchise RB in the 3rd round than you don't even think about taking a RB in the 1st round for at least the next 5-6 years.

As much as I'd like Pettigrew at #28 I don't see it happening. The Bills would probably have to trade back up into the high 20's to snag him. That's what sucks so much about not getting the eagles #21 pick.

Of course Pioli is now their GM...who's to say he now wont trade back to around 18 and get Pettigrew as TG's replacement? Remember now they have a huge void to fill.

Agreed. And Pettigrew at #28 would be amazing. And I know it is all heresy, but Andre Smith + Pettigrew > Peters + Royal

I have no bad feeling about Gonzalez to ATL. He would not come to the Bills. Not last season - Not this Season.

I think this a good message for us. Because ATL was in the hunt for a good TE.

So lets hope and pray that Philly does not take him with the 21st. But i think they will....

So: Please lets trade 4 to 7 spots.....und grab him. Even if we get only a 3rd for trading back....but we get then what we want....

Nicks and Britt aren't first round talents (Britt might be a high 2, I think Nicks certainly isn't). Maybe Heyward-Bey. Besides, I wouldn't expect Reid to take a 1st round WR, but that's just me. I hope you're right, but I think you're wrong.

DHB is a strong possibility. Moreno and Beanie Wells as well. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I would rather have Scheffler that Gonzo or Pettigrew. I think that is a risk for Atlanta giving a 2nd rounder for a guy with a year or 2 left.

Yes....lets go for Scheffler....give the Broncos one of our 4th. I think Gonzalez is on the downside....maybe 2 good years....maybe 3.... I am not sad, that he is not a Bill.

Lets move on...

Could we send the Eagles their 6th Rounder in 2010 back, if they NOT TAKE Pettigrew with their 21st ? ,-))))))

:huh: I was thinking the same thing! Those A-Holes are trying to sucker us into giving them their 4th rounder back!

Very, very interesting. Falling to #28 is a definite possibility now. Will Philly take him at #21? That would be a kick in the nuts.

They overpaid for Gonzo, by the way, unless he decides to play until he's 37.

Leonidas, I usually agree with you. But a second round pick in next years draft isn't overpaying for him i dont think.

Reasons being, the Falcons were desperatly needing a TE. Its about the only thing the Falcons were missing on the offensive side of the ball.

This will allow them to go defense with their first three picks. They need a guy at every level. Grady Jackson(DT) Coleman (DT) Brooking (LB) Boley (LB) and Milloy (S) are all gone. Now Brooking, Milloy, Jackson, and Coleman needed to go.

However that was a lot of Vetran leadership gone, not to mention Crumpler and Dunn from last year.

Gonzo has a few good years left, and he can be a very solid locker room guy.

Dimitrof pulled a good one here.

From what I've seen they love Moreno and considering the tread (or lack there of) on Westbrook's tires I think they are going to go RB.

Yeah, they'll probably take Moreno over Pettigrew, so what the TG trade means is, do not pick Pettigrew at #11. You can get him at #28 if you really want him. Meanwhile, guys like Oher or Ayers will no be there at 28.