thanks for your support at Empire

hsimon

Howard - see you never let me make you blush by asking how many Johnsons are in Tampa Bay. Cindy two Wieners wishing you well. You will be missed, but honey I know our paths will cross several more times :w00t::D

Howard,

If you're still reading this thread, ask your new employers to look into subscription streaming. I'd pay to be able to listen to WGR, WBEN and WWKB over the Internet.

I'll sure miss the show. I used to record it and listen during my 40 mile commute to and from work. The Simoncast was better than any of the garbage on the radio out here in L.A.

Well now at least I'll be able to hear you in Syracuse in my car driving to work when the weather conditions are correct to pick up WGR (about a third of the time). I did listen to you today. But I will miss your postgame insight on the Bills radio broadcasts.

Start working towards getting a show on Sirius satellite radio.

Call me stupid...but I just do not believe it.

101186[/snapback]

If you feel that strongly about it, e-mail him. This will likely get to him...

He responds to most e-mails.

What would make you not believe him? He's given props to TBD before on his show. Heck he even waved on-air to Rubeo based on a post on the Wall...And it's not like he's John Madden. He's a local guy who has received lots of support and ideas from this board. What is it that makes the idea of him posting here so unbelievable?

Call me stupid...but I just do not believe it.

101186[/snapback]

What's not to believe? The man has mentioned TBD on his show more than once. He's responded personally to many of our emails. He has read our emails on the show. He uses our topics off the board at times. And he has waived on the air when a poster on this board once typed "waive Howard".....

What's not to believe? The man has mentioned TBD on his show more than once. He's responded personally to many of our emails. He has read our emails on the show. He uses our topics off the board at times. And he has waived on the air when a poster on this board once typed "waive Howard".....

101206[/snapback]

I would figure he would have a production assistant who might get him fodder for his show. There is not reason for him to troll on TBD, as a professional sportscaster, he should be above going to some fan web site for information. He should be talking to TD and RW...not people on this board.

I would figure he would have a production assistant who might get him fodder for his show.  There is not reason for him to troll on TBD, as a professional sportscaster, he should be above going to some fan web site for information.  He should be talking to TD and RW...not people on this board.

101387[/snapback]

This website is not only about TSW, on the front page is probably the most complete link list to articles about the Bills on the entire interent. I have friends who are bills fans from all around the US that come to 2Bills Drive to read the articles and have NEVER been to the Stadium Wall.

And why wouldn't a "professional sportscaster" want to come to a place like this and see what the fans (read: his audience) have on their minds.

I would figure he would have a production assistant who might get him fodder for his show.  There is not reason for him to troll on TBD, as a professional sportscaster, he should be above going to some fan web site for information.  He should be talking to TD and RW...not people on this board.

101387[/snapback]

Production assistant? What kind of budget do you think these guys are working with? We're talking "wishing they could afford shoestrings" budgets. He doesn't necessarily come to the "fan site" for info, but for the afore-mentioned fodder. He may make it look easy, but trying to come up with topics to fill 4 hours 5 days a week isn't exactly a cakewalk. Harder in recent times, as he could afford fewer guests to take up time...

101206[/snapback]

Well I'm glad he signed with WGR and didn't wait to be waived. <_<

101387[/snapback]

DO you ever believe anything? I talked to Howard last Tuesday and he was thrilled that I was sending him a TBD T-shirt. He even thanked LORI for the tip on the 37 quarters with no rushing TD. He had an intern make sure it was correct before making a comment on his show.There a few players who read this also. I know that several of the players relations read this board and I cringe to think some of them actually might read some of the stevestojan threads we have once in awhile

DO you ever believe anything?  I talked to Howard last Tuesday and he was thrilled that I was sending him a TBD T-shirt. He even thanked LORI for the tip on the 37 quarters with no rushing TD. He had an intern make sure it was correct before making a comment on his show.There a few players who read this also.  I know that several of the players relations read this board and I cringe to think some of them actually might read some of the stevestojan threads we have once in awhile

101662[/snapback]

No, I am skeptical by nature. The fact that many on this site have direct access to players, their families, and the media does not mean I would expect them to lurk on this site. I am a fan of a team (Buffalo Bills), but in no way do I think or believe that the Buffalo Bills media, players, management or owner care what ANYONE on this site would have to say. Sure we are their fans, their audience and pay their salaries by buying merchandise and tickets, I also know that if they cannot make money here...they will just move it elsewhere.

No, I am skeptical by nature.  The fact that many on this site have direct access to players, their families, and the media does not mean I would expect them to lurk on this site.  I am a fan of a team (Buffalo Bills), but in no way do I think or believe that the Buffalo Bills media, players, management or owner care what ANYONE on this site would have to say.  Sure we are their fans, their audience and pay their salaries by buying merchandise and tickets, I also know that if they cannot make money here...they will just move it elsewhere.

101713[/snapback]

Media, player and their families, live in houses, watch TV, get board and surprisingly do a lot of the same silly, mundane things the rest of us do during the day, like laughing at the ramblings of others.

After work they don't all go home to "Celebrity Land" where they are pampered and primped so they can dazzle us again the next day. <_<

No, I am skeptical by nature.  The fact that many on this site have direct access to players, their families, and the media does not mean I would expect them to lurk on this site.  I am a fan of a team (Buffalo Bills), but in no way do I think or believe that the Buffalo Bills media, players, management or owner care what ANYONE on this site would have to say.  Sure we are their fans, their audience and pay their salaries by buying merchandise and tickets, I also know that if they cannot make money here...they will just move it elsewhere.

101713[/snapback]

But you see BB.com has their own message board now. I'm not saying that they visit and read every post. I got to converse with Kamil Loud's aunt because he saw a post about Kamil that was on here. I'm saying that there are many players relations who come here because their family member plays for the Bills and this is a way to feel closer to them. I use to be more like you but in the past 15 years I have changed to the positive side. Naive, maybe but for the sake of the thread I'll just say. "THANK YOU HOWARD" Being a Bills fan has changed my attitude. I was a half empty and now I'm a half full person.

I am a fan of a team (Buffalo Bills), but in no way do I think or believe that the Buffalo Bills media, players, management or owner care what ANYONE on this site would have to say. 

101713[/snapback]

I've been called directly by a member of the front office about something I had posted on the board a few years ago. I've also had people on the admin side of the Bills ask me about things they've seen people posting on here. So yes, they do care about what is said here.

If you feel that strongly about it, e-mail him. This will likely get to him...

He responds to most e-mails.

101198[/snapback]

He NEVER responds to my e-mails...I must be one of the few. He may actually be one who holds grudges. I recall getting into an animated exchange on WNSA long ago. (about what I forget) He never took my call or responded to my e-mails since.

PTR

Man is it depressing listening to what Empire has on nowadays. I was just listening to its stream and was bored stiff. Is the programming that awful now? I live in Massachusetts and don't get Empire. I am no longer going to pursue a satellite because one of the only reasons was to obtain Empire thru the sports package.

Hi Two Bills Drive/Stadium Wall folks,

As you know I have taken a new job and as of Thursday morning, I will be hosting the morning show at WGR.  I am excited about this new job since I worked with many people in the building when I was at WBEN years ago and yet it was a sad day for me saying goodbye to some great people at Empire who I worked with for the last 8 years.

I also wanted to thank all of you who helped keep the Simoncast on the air at Empire and WLVL.  This site has been so kind to myself and Empire over the years and I've probably talked to many of you on my show.  I can't thank you enough and just wanted all of you to know how grateful I am because without you folks, I have no job!  For those of you who don't live in WNY, I'm sorry you won't be able to catch my show anymore but you can move to Buffalo and boost the local economy!  Anyway, I hope you will all follow me over to WGR and can find the time to call me in the morning so we can keep up our always interesting discussions on the Buffalo Bills.

ward Simon

100633[/snapback]

Good luck but I'll miss a great show. It's sad to see what's happening with Empire

He NEVER responds to my e-mails...I must be one of the few.  He may actually be one who holds grudges.  I recall getting into an animated exchange on WNSA long ago. (about what I forget)  He never took my call or responded to my e-mails since.

PTR

102245[/snapback]

Maybe he just doesn't like robots.

Howard....I met you at the Chautauqua Sports Hall of Fame dinner years back in Jamestown....you were class then and still are.....

Good luck to you...I listened this morning and things went well for you...you'll fit in fine with the rest of the asylum.....

PLEASE GET GR TO STREAM AGAIN!!!!!!!!

seriously...find out what can be done about streaming and let the wall know what we need to do...we'll send in some sort of email blitz if necessary....

You know this place would make a great place to get fans opinions to read live on your show.....also...you should call the coach "chuck dickerson" and touch base with him on the air....some people would love to hear from him.....whether he was hated or loved, he invocked passion....

GOOD LUCK BUDDY.....

KEEP IN TOUCH VIA THE WALL

Best of luck to you. I'm out in Denver but thanks to the magic of DirecTV have been watching you for about 7 years. I especially enjoyed the post game call in show you'd do after Bills games. I've considered you the clear best talent of all the Empire on air personalities.

Howard,

Does your contract with WGR prevent you from pursuing independant projects?

With the demise of WNSA and Empire, there is not a single Bills/Buffalo sports talk show available on the web for Buffalo ex-pats like us.  While moving back to the old town is a nice idea, it is impractical for most of us.

Would you consider producing a daily Simoncast for internet-only consumption?  Even a weekly chat for out-of-town Bills freaks?  Maybe even something done in conjuction with Two Bills Drive?

The cost of streaming has come down quite a bit, especially for a voice-quality mono stream.  You could find a sponsor, or even try to do a subscription show.  (As long as the price is modest!)  The beauty of internet radio is that you know EXACTLY how many ears are listening and when.  You can even have the show available live, and also on-demand the rest of the time.

I really believe there is a demand for this.  You have already created a market for this through the Empire stream.  Why let this audience go to waste?  I would be happy to talk about the nuts and bolts with you.  I'm sure Scott (SDS) can offer some good advice as well.

PTR

100654[/snapback]

AMEN! Best of luck Howard!

As you know I have taken a new job and as of Thursday morning, I will be hosting the morning show at WGR.  I am excited about this new job since I worked with many people in the building when I was at WBEN years ago and yet it was a sad day for me saying goodbye to some great people at Empire who I worked with for the last 8 years.

I also wanted to thank all of you who helped keep the Simoncast on the air at Empire and WLVL.  This site has been so kind to myself and Empire over the years and I've probably talked to many of you on my show.  I can't thank you enough and just wanted all of you to know how grateful I am because without you folks, I have no job!  For those of you who don't live in WNY, I'm sorry you won't be able to catch my show anymore but you can move to Buffalo and boost the local economy!  Anyway, I hope you will all follow me over to WGR and can find the time to call me in the morning so we can keep up our always interesting discussions on the Buffalo Bills.

Thanks again for all of your support!!!!

Howard Simon

100633[/snapback]

I will truely miss the simoncast ,your show was my only link to all things bills and western NY sports down here in florida.I wish you the best, maybe you could talk to the new boss about streaming on the net for us out of towners. GOOD LUCK! :wacko:

Howard, I've had DirecTV for many years now, and watching Empire and shows like Fan TV were a godsend. Unfortunately, you could slowly see the downward spiral at Adelphia, but you were the beacon. I appreciate your efforts, all the way to becoming an independent contractor in an attempt to keep the Simoncast going.

And even though my girlfriend claims she won't miss you (she would get tired of watching me pull your show up on TiVo when I got home from work), I know even she will miss you too! :D

Good luck to you in your future endeavors and thanks for everything you have done for all us out of towners!

Thanks again for all of your support!!!!

Howard Simon

100633[/snapback]

Thanks for all the great Bills' talk. Your the man! Good luck with whatever you do.

BTW, Your welcome. I was the original poster Of "Let's have some fun. Bills quotes you hate the most". I gotta kick out of hearing you talk about it on your show.

We'll miss ya Howard.