New McShay mock draft

Leonidas

Oher makes four top-10 OTs

Big-name wideouts and defensive ends on the move as first round shuffles

Email Print Share By Todd McShay

Scouts Inc.

11. Buffalo Bills (7-9): Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas

Top three needs: Rush DE, C/G, TE

Orakpo is the top-rated DE/OLB hybrid in this draft and we think he is a better fit at end in a 4-3 alignment, which makes him a great fit for the Bills. His strength and burst off the edge will be a welcome addition for a defense that got only three combined sacks from Chris Kelsay and Aaron Schobel last season.

28. Buffalo Bills (from 12-4 CAR through Philadelphia) (7-9): Eben Britton, OT, Arizona

Top three needs: OT, WR, RB

Buffalo traded away Jason Peters to get this pick and Britton will help fill the void left by Peters' departure. Britton has good size and good feet and will fit in nicely with the Bills' offense.

(42) Buffalo Bills Alex Mack C California

(75) Buffalo Bills Alex Magee DT Purdue

(110) Buffalo Bills Cameron Morrah* TE Cal

(147) Buffalo Bills Kevin Ellison OLB USC

(183) Buffalo Bills Nate Davis QB Ball State

(220) Buffalo Bills Andrew Means WR Indiana

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I would be ecstatic about this. I love Orakpo coming off the edge, Britton is supposed to be quick and smart (which he has to be to make up for his T-Rex arms - like Michael Roos), and Alex Mack to shore up the center. I don't know anything about Alex Magee or Cameron Morrah - and would prefer a TE in the third, personally - but can't really argue with it otherwise. Oh, and a WR at any point? I hope not.

Also, the Ball State QB is supposed to be the fourth best QB in this extremely thin draft class. Wouldn't mind picking him up in the 6th at all.

Personally, I would be ecstatic about this. I love Orakpo coming off the edge, Britton is supposed to be quick and smart (which he has to be to make up for his T-Rex arms - like Michael Roos), and Alex Mack to shore up the center. I don't know anything about Alex Magee or Cameron Morrah - and would prefer a TE in the third, personally - but can't really argue with it otherwise. Oh, and a WR at any point? I hope not.

Also, the Ball State QB is supposed to be the fourth best QB in this extremely thin draft class. Wouldn't mind picking him up in the 6th at all.

Sign me up. Getting Mack at #42 would be huge. Then we could slide Hangartner to left guard. Walker-Hangartner-Mack-Butler-Britton sounds pretty good to me for our OL. Nate Davis would be a nice insurance policy just in case Trent has his injury problems again.

Man I really like that draft, the only picks I would change is in the middle rounds. I would take Beckum over Marohah but it wouldn't kill me, take Hamlin with that other 4th. Then def take Follet over Ellison but I see no way Follet makes it to round 5. That would be a phenominal draft.

No No No No to Nate Davis he has a LEARNING DISABILITY.

If Buffalo takes a MAC QB in the draft it would have to be the one that didn't fumble away the conference title.

I can't believe they have ANY team drafting Nate Davis and no one picking UB's Drew Willy. Willy has far more pro potential than Davis. Davis is another JP Losman-type QB: chuck-n-duck passer in college who will be overwhelmed in the NFL. Heck, he already couldn't handle the MAC championship and GMAC bowl.

PTR

Tell me how getting by all accounts a very good tackle at #28, and the guy who most consider the best center in the draft at #42 "sucks"? Tackle and Center are both needs, and they are addressed damn well in McShay's mock.

1.) Because I don't believe Britton is a "very good" tackle. He's decent. We already have decent tackles.

2.) Because Mack may be the best center, but that doesn't mean he's the best center for us. Mack gets bullied when someone is over his face. You think Wilfork, Ferguson and Jenkins were in the backfield last year? Have fun with a smart center who excels at making calls, pulling, and getting out to the LB's.

3.) Alex Magee? Are you kidding me?

4.) Another safety in college that we need to play LB?

5.) Wasting a pick on a QB?

6.) No quality TE.

7.) Wasting a pick on a WR? We already are trying to get Roscoe out of here due to the glut at WR.