New McShay mock draft

Leonidas

Yeah, thanks Cincy. Great job here. You really saved the day. Are you fighting crime on other message boards, or just this one?

You try and bring a little joy into people's lives, and this is what you get. Santa must be suicidal.

What is your problem? The bottom-line is that copying and pasting a full article is, in fact, stealing. The media outlet (ESPN, in this case) paid the writer to do the reporting. In order for ESPN to continue to pay reporters to write articles, it needs to make money. When you take the article off its site and let others read it without going to the ESPN site, you are keeping ESPN from making money on the article it paid for. You are stealing from ESPN.

It is especially damaging when you take an article off the Web site's subscribers-only section and post it elsewhere.

I applaud you for subscribing, but that fee you pay does not grant you permission to redistribute the article.

Before you reply, you should realize that this is a huge problem for news organizations of every type. I am quite sure that if this type of theft isn't greatly reduced soon, we will find a lot less major news organizations in business. Hey, if you want all your "news" in the future to come from non-paid guys, such as what you find on football365 and Bleacher Report, keep stealing.

All that said, I understand you are just trying to help your fellow Bills fans out. I appreciate that, and I would be more than willing to discuss how you can do while also letting media outlets get their due.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your problem? The bottom-line is that copying and pasting a full article is, in fact, stealing.

actually, it wasn't a full article. I was like a paragraph with a list of about 7 names. i don't see what the big deal is. this isn't a "major problem" in the news industry. Most good newspapers put all their articles online for free. ESPN just wants to make an extra buck (they are really just trying to get you to suscribe to the magazine)

Yeah, thanks Cincy. Great job here. You really saved the day. Are you fighting crime on other message boards, or just this one?

You try and bring a little joy into people's lives, and this is what you get. Santa must be suicidal.

We have to be careful about that stuff, Leodis. TSW doesn't need to be involved with lawsuits. Typically, a mod will stop in and modify the post, or ask you to. It's just a way we take some responsibly for the community.

actually, it wasn't a full article. I was like a paragraph with a list of about 7 names. i don't see what the big deal is. this isn't a "major problem" in the news industry. Most good newspapers put all their articles online for free. ESPN just wants to make an extra buck (they are really just trying to get you to suscribe to the magazine)

I guess you didn't see the original, 3-page version. Are you speaking about the revision by the poster, who changed it only after he was called on it?

It was the full article when originally posted.

I don't think anyone said this was a "major" problem. I know I didn't. But I know firsthand that it is a problem.

Most newspapers are fighting for their lives right now. Sure, ESPN, being a TV network, is surely doing better than say SI or Sporting News, but the point is these Web sites need to be revenue streams for print media in order for print media to survive.

If people are making it possible to get the site's content without at least visiting the site, the newspaper depending on online ad revenue will fail.

11. Buffalo Bills : Brian Orakpo, DE/OLB, Texas

28. Buffalo Bills : Eben Britton, OT, Arizona

(42) Buffalo Bills Alex Mack C California

(75) Buffalo Bills Alex Magee DT Purdue

(110) Buffalo Bills Cameron Morrah* TE Cal

(147) Buffalo Bills Kevin Ellison OLB USC

(183) Buffalo Bills Nate Davis QB Ball State

(220) Buffalo Bills Andrew Means WR Indiana

I'm not a full time draft guru like McShay, but no way does Mack last all the way to 42! In this case, I sure hope I'm wrong and McShay's right! :lol:

This Draft would be ok.

But why not trade back with Jets / Tampa - so they could select their QB.

With their Nr. 1 (Nr. 17 or Nr. 19) we could select Pettigrew.

With the 28th we could select a OT (Britton/Loadholt/Britton) und with the 42th we could select C Mack / Unger

With the 49th / 51th (from Jets/Bucs) we could take our DE.

I think this would be a very good First Day.

Your opinion ?

This Draft would be ok.

But why not trade back with Jets / Tampa - so they could select their QB.

With their Nr. 1 (Nr. 17 or Nr. 19) we could select Pettigrew.

With the 28th we could select a OT (Britton/Loadholt/Britton) und with the 42th we could select C Mack / Unger

With the 49th / 51th (from Jets/Bucs) we could take our DE.

I think this would be a very good First Day.

Your opinion ?

If the Bills can get Orakpo, they should stay at #11 and get him. If not, your suggestion is fine...but a trade is not likely to happen. Possible, but not likely. You can't plan a draft around a trade (unless it is already negotiated) as the trade is not within your total control.

If the Bills can get Orakpo, they should stay at #11 and get him. If not, your suggestion is fine...but a trade is not likely to happen. Possible, but not likely. You can't plan a draft around a trade (unless it is already negotiated) as the trade is not within your total control.

I agree.... i trade down will most likely not happen. I habe Stafford + Sanchez will go in the Top 10 - so hopefully Tampa will try to get in front of the Jets. But 11 is a little high for Freemann. How nows....

I hope it will happen. Und PLEASE: No DB in the first 3 Rounds ,-)

I agree.... i trade down will most likely not happen. I habe Stafford + Sanchez will go in the Top 10 - so hopefully Tampa will try to get in front of the Jets. But 11 is a little high for Freemann. How nows....

I hope it will happen. Und PLEASE: No DB in the first 3 Rounds ,-)

I think the Bills have bigger issues than QB right now, and I am not sold, at all, on Stafford or Sanchez. But, if a guy like Freeman was available in the mid-rounds, I would have no problem with them grabbing him. And by "like Freeman" I mean big, good arm, bright, good kid with a lot of potential.

I think the Bills have bigger issues than QB right now, and I am not sold, at all, on Stafford or Sanchez. But, if a guy like Freeman was available in the mid-rounds, I would have no problem with them grabbing him. And by "like Freeman" I mean big, good arm, bright, good kid with a lot of potential.

I do not think the Bills need a QB. I mean Freeman at Nr. 11 for the Jets / Bucs if the want to trade up. And we can select Pettigrew with their Pick (Nr. 17 or 19). That would give us a extra 2nd. Which we could use on a C or DE.

Sorry...my english is not perfekt. ;-)

Me either. Reward-risk, no b*lls no glory thing. The odds are against, but if you hit it right...

I do not think the Bills need a QB. I mean Freeman at Nr. 11 for the Jets / Bucs if the want to trade up. And we can select Pettigrew with their Pick (Nr. 17 or 19). That would give us a extra 2nd. Which we could use on a C or DE.

Sorry...my english is not perfekt. ;-)

Still more coherent than many here, Michael.