Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

I actually dont worry about Dwight Howard dominating us......he is going to have big scoring nights but we have the bigs to go at him tag team wise......

Dude, I know you're a Lakers homer, but I think you're totally wrong about that. D.Howard is maturing right before our eyes, and he looks to be becoming pretty damn dominant. If I were you guys, I'd be afraid...be very afraid! :lol:

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, I know you're a Lakers homer, but I think you're totally wrong about that. D.Howard is maturing right before our eyes, and he looks to be becoming pretty damn dominant. If I were you guys, I'd be afraid...be very afraid! :lol:

Really no reason for fear. No way no how does Stern allow the trophy to make its way to Orlando. The Lose Angeles Fakers are already the champs. Stern will allow them one game, no more.

Jameer might be playing in the Finals!

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...858&id=1060

I know Otis Smith has already snubbed the idea, but a higher up, Bob Vander Weide, brought it up this time. This would be huge for the Magic, seeing as how he was their leading scorer in both games against the Lakers (although the article speculates he will only be contributing off the bench).

The strength of the lakers team is in its big man size and talent.....we dont have any one person who is as good as Dwight Howard but we have a lot of length to at least make his shots tough

You gotta understand where I am coming from here......the lakers biggest weakness is guarding the 3 point line......we are going to have to give something up in order to be competative so I hope they let Dwight do his thing even if he scores 40 and not let the outside shooters get off.

Offensively we can keep up.......

GO MAGIC!!!!

What a great night!!!! I certainly did not expect a blowout, but it sure made for a fun evening at the arena!! :lol::bag::beer:

I'm surprised to hear that LeBron blew off the media after the game...but I can understand his frustration.

There was nothing the Cavs could do to stop Dwight and his 3-point assassins tonight!!!

Starting a series on the road is nothing new for the Magic...they have won Game 1 on the road in the last 2 series and I hope they can make that 3 series in a row on Thursday.

This is going to be one hell of a series, and I'm sure everyone will be counting out the Magic once again, but I hope they can continue to shock the world.....I can't wait!!!!

I am not counting them out....I would have rather played the cavs

$tern love$ Lo$ Angele$ John. $urely you under$tand that?

So, first, it was that $tern was doing everything in his power to make sure it was a Kobe/LeBron finals. Now, that didn't happen , so the conspiracy theory has to be re-written... :lol: The NBA doesn't need the Lakers to win in the finals. What are you guys gonna say if the Magic wins?

Do the Lakers really have anyone who can consistently guard Dwight without a double team?

If Bynum and Gasol get into foul trouble guarding Dwight, then what do they do?

The Lakers are much better talent-wise than the Cavs, but I think they will have some of the same matchup problems vs. Orlando.

I predicted the fake injury to Garnett and results a long time ago. I may revise it a bit and say the Lakers will beat Cleveland in the Finals but next year's Final is set in stone.

Oh, Look. My "prediction" has come true. What a shock!!!!!!

Ask yourself this:

How can someone perfectly predict the outcome on a professional sports league 4 months ahead and have this prediction include the reason the defending champs would be eliminated?

Answer:

The league is fixed.

How else can it be explained?

Want me to do it again? Keep in mind I've already told you the Finals matchup for 09-10.

New "prediction":

LeBron's staged act of fake pouting at the end of the Magic/Cavs series will lead to mass speculation about him leaving Cleveland. Cleveland will make the playoffs next year and be eliminated easily in the second round. There will be a lot of turmoil about LeBron going to the Knicks. There are only two chances left for what will happen:

He will either go to the Knicks or become a major hero by staying in Cleveland. Either way LeBron will win a championship in the 11-12 season as 10-11 will be a rebuilding year. The NBA is hedging their bets right now and either the Knicks or Cleveland could still end up the winner but he will go where Stern wants. Most people think it is the former but due to heavy Chinese investment in the Cavs I think it will be the ladder. I don't think the plans are 100% done yet, but they'll be done in plenty of time.

What gets me mad is that a dirt bag like Kobe is about to be handed a championship. He couldn't do it on his own and the NBA needs a west coast start so boom, down goes Garnett and in comes Kobe. It's sick.

Oh, Look. My "prediction" has come true. What a shock!!!!!!

Ask yourself this:

How can someone perfectly predict the outcome on a professional sports league 4 months ahead and have this prediction include the reason the defending champs would be eliminated?

Answer:

The league is fixed.

How else can it be explained?

Want me to do it again? Keep in mind I've already told you the Finals matchup for 09-10.

New "prediction":

LeBron's staged act of fake pouting at the end of the Magic/Cavs series will lead to mass speculation about him leaving Cleveland. Cleveland will make the playoffs next year and be eliminated easily in the second round. There will be a lot of turmoil about LeBron going to the Knicks. There are only two chances left for what will happen:

He will either go to the Knicks or become a major hero by staying in Cleveland. Either way LeBron will win a championship in the 11-12 season as 10-11 will be a rebuilding year. The NBA is hedging their bets right now and either the Knicks or Cleveland could still end up the winner but he will go where Stern wants. Most people think it is the former but due to heavy Chinese investment in the Cavs I think it will be the ladder. I don't think the plans are 100% done yet, but they'll be done in plenty of time.

What gets me mad is that a dirt bag like Kobe is about to be handed a championship. He couldn't do it on his own and the NBA needs a west coast start so boom, down goes Garnett and in comes Kobe. It's sick.

So let me ask you. If there is a conspiracy at work here, and this whole thing is staged, what is the logic behind having Boston not make the finals, to meet the Lakers this year? What advantage would it be, for the NBA, to have the Lakers beat Orlando or Atlanta, as you suggested (and then changed it to Cleveland, but now back again). If the NBA is truly fixed, and it is all done to maximize profits, why not have the Lakers beat the Celtics this year, and then have them match up again next season? While your predictions might be correct, I fail to see any advantage, for the NBA, in having things play out the way that you predict. Also, you use a lot of "either this or that" will happen...

I haven't read this entire thread, so I don't know if it was already discussed, but I thought the coaching schemes for the Cavs was what lost them the series. Any time the Magic threw the ball into Howard, you immediately saw two to 3 more players crash down on him. He would just toss the ball to a wide open player who almost all the time hit the three pointer. I understand that philosophy to start, but when you're getting killed by the 3 pointer game after game... after game, how can you continue to do that as a coach? Let them throw it in to Howard for a possible two points. He's not going to get it all the time, and he'll probably get into foul trouble even quicker. The two pointer is easier to take than the three. I just don't get how they never changed their gameplan. Even in the 2nd half of the final game, when they were getting pounded, you saw them to continue to rush to Howard, while he'd just kick it out to Lewis, Pietrus or Turk for the three. I believe the Magic made the most three's in a series in NBA history. How dumb of a coach do you have to be to keep doing the same failing method game after game after game?

I haven't read this entire thread, so I don't know if it was already discussed, but I thought the coaching schemes for the Cavs was what lost them the series. Any time the Magic threw the ball into Howard, you immediately saw two to 3 more players crash down on him. He would just toss the ball to a wide open player who almost all the time hit the three pointer. I understand that philosophy to start, but when you're getting killed by the 3 pointer game after game... after game, how can you continue to do that as a coach? Let them throw it in to Howard for a possible two points. He's not going to get it all the time, and he'll probably get into foul trouble even quicker. The two pointer is easier to take than the three. I just don't get how they never changed their gameplan. Even in the 2nd half of the final game, when they were getting pounded, you saw them to continue to rush to Howard, while he'd just kick it out to Lewis, Pietrus or Turk for the three. I believe the Magic made the most three's in a series in NBA history. How dumb of a coach do you have to be to keep doing the same failing method game after game after game?

Howard would almost ALWAYS get his two, and as a coach, you NEVER take an almost guaranteed two over the possibility of the 3. If you do read the thread or have listened to anyone talk about the Magic over the course of the playoffs, you'll hear the same thing: "They're going to die by the 3." What they are doing right now just isn't normally done, and every game plan will be drawn up just like Cleveland's was. You just can't logically have a gameplan that consists of giving Howard 40+ points a game and still allows everyone else to get their shots (it's not like all of their shots come off Howard assists, not even close).

One thing to consider here as well.......Howard seems prone at times to committing fouls......

There is no doubt that he is an absolute physical freak......and I fully expect him to get Bynum into foul trouble a lot

But Pao Gasol is really crafty.......he is going to score on Bynum all day.....but I can also see Pao getting him in foul trouble as well.......

Hey Beerball, since you have the power, could you go ahead and "ordain" the Magic winning in 5 games?

That would be great! :wallbash:

If only...sorry Special K, the league has cleared the way for an LA celebration.

Lakers in 5.

Kobe will dance with the Stern trophy again.

So let me ask you. If there is a conspiracy at work here, and this whole thing is staged, what is the logic behind having Boston not make the finals, to meet the Lakers this year? What advantage would it be, for the NBA, to have the Lakers beat Orlando or Atlanta, as you suggested (and then changed it to Cleveland, but now back again). If the NBA is truly fixed, and it is all done to maximize profits, why not have the Lakers beat the Celtics this year, and then have them match up again next season? While your predictions might be correct, I fail to see any advantage, for the NBA, in having things play out the way that you predict. Also, you use a lot of "either this or that" will happen...

If you haven't figured it out, I'm not sure explaining it will help, but I will try.

It is really all about maximizing the profit over the long haul. If Boston and LA made the Finals again this year, it would be a two year story line. When the Finals were over, the story would be over as well. The way it is set up now, the NBA accomplishes two things:

For the 08-09 season, with the fake injury to Garnett, the Celtics have a "legitimate" excuse. This sets up the 09-10 season and a third year of milking profits from easily duped fans. It also allows for Kobe Bryant to get a championship without Shaq, which is a continuation/end of an older story line. This would have happened sooner, if Kobe had not, well, you know. Anyway, everyone has forgotten that and Stern knows it. The selection of Denver as the other Western Conference Finalist cemented that angle. With the C's healthy next year both teams will have a good run to the Finals. As I stated in my original post, it may even be allowed to be played as a legitimate series as long as it goes 7.

Additionally, the Orlando entry into the Finals as a pawn allows for the beginning of the LeBron story which will be the next major headline grabber. Having these stories overlap is one of Stern's best tricks. When the Lakers/Celtics story fades, the LeBron story will hit center stage. The only thing that goes on and on is the revenue train. LeBron will win either in NY or Cleveland in 11-12. The 10-11 season is likely to see either a crazy longshot win it or some heart tugging story like a member of the winning team having suffered a great personal tragedy.

Dismiss this if you will but you have already seen my "prediction" come true, complete with the fake injury. You will also watch the other predictions come true. You can wait until then to believe and continue being fooled by Stern or you can believe me now and watch and laugh.