Official NBA playoffs thread....

Special K

amazing how people will say this after a lakers win but all is well with the world when THEY are getting @ucked by the officiating......

But its ok right...I mean its the lakers

Finally, you get it!!! :ph34r:

I didn't get to see much of the Lakers/Nuggets game last night (the first one I have mostly missed), just the last 5 minutes or so. But, it seemed like the "Nuggets got screwed" mantra was pretty prevalent today, on sports talk radio. Oh well, for every time I think the Celtics got screwed by officiating, I realize, they benefited from it as well...normally, it evens out...

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great win for the Lebrons tonight. King James willed the Cavs to victory...kind of strange game...no lead is safe...I really can't see the Cavs pulling this thing out. I figured LeBron would have a monster game tonight....Magic will blow them off the court on Saturday, I predict...

I kind of went into the game expecting Cleveland would win it. The 30 point swing, from 22 down to up 8 even with the Cavs playing their best game is what gives me confidence in the Magic in Game 6. Plus, can Cleveland really shoot that well from 3 point range on the road?

It would have been sweet to close it out tonight, but the Cavs showed some heart and are making it interesting.

GO MAGIC ON SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Special K, another excellet avatar....but, dude, you never change your avatar when your team is on a run, like the Magic...bad things usually happen... :ph34r:

And I can't change it back now, because it would have the same effect as when I changed it the first time! :thumbsup:

amazing how people will say this after a lakers win but all is well with the world when THEY are getting @ucked by the officiating......

Exactly! When you are a smaller market team that is struggling for their first championship, not all is equal. It should be the other way around, for the health of the league... Boston and the LA Lakers should HAVE to climb bigger mountains. Much more is expected of them. I am of the school of thought that you never make it easy on the "big dogs"... In fact, you make it harder!

:w00t:

Amazing how you can actually B word about Kobe NOT getting phantom calls. After all, he IS a superstar.

Congrats to the Lakers...they came to play tonight. As Mark Jackson said during the final minutes, the Lakers haven't lost in the playoffs, when they have played their "A-game". I am thinking they will face Orlando, but you never know... either way, I think it will be a great final. As much as it seems to be presumed that the NBA is trying to force a Koby/LeBron mathcup, I think Orlando would give the Lakers a hell of a fight...great playoffs!

Amazing how you can actually B word about Kobe NOT getting phantom calls. After all, he IS a superstar.

You CANT be serious

And if you are I dont know what to say.....Kobe gets fouled A LOT with no call.....and he doesnt pull the Billups "jump sideways into a player BS" to get to the line........

Its ok....I think we found the formula in this series to do what needs to be done.......this team grew up a bit tonight and showed the mental toughness to beat a good team on the road......

Go Orlando!

You CANT be serious

And if you are I dont know what to say.....Kobe gets fouled A LOT with no call.....and he doesnt pull the Billups "jump sideways into a player BS" to get to the line........

Its ok....I think we found the formula in this series to do what needs to be done.......this team grew up a bit tonight and showed the mental toughness to beat a good team on the road......

Go Orlando!

I CANT be?

They are supposed to both be stars of the league.....while one gets star treatment while the other gets....something else. We have games where SCRUBS for the other team shoot more free throws then Kobe.

You want Kobe to get the same bull sh-- "star" treatment that Lebron gets. It's the most hypocritical post I've seen. When it comes to the Lakers, you are the most bllindly biased person I've come across, as proven during the Kobe debacle a few years ago.

You CANT be serious

Go Orlando!

Congrats to you and the Lakers, but please tell me you didn't say "Go Orlando" because you think it will be an easier series for the Lakers.

Congrats to you and the Lakers, but please tell me you didn't say "Go Orlando" because you think it will be an easier series for the Lakers.

Actually....no I am now thinking they will be the harder team

I just think it is inevitable at this point and cant wait for the finals to begin

Phil Jackson is going to need to pull his head out of his @ss when it comes to guarding the 3 point line or Orlando is going to kill us from there.....it really is not a good matchup for the lakers

But to be the best you gotta beat the best

I CANT be?

You want Kobe to get the same bull sh-- "star" treatment that Lebron gets. It's the most hypocritical post I've seen. When it comes to the Lakers, you are the most bllindly biased person I've come across, as proven during the Kobe debacle a few years ago.

Well then I guess I am moving up the world because now I am not a allegid rapist lover I am just a rabid laker fan

I can live with that....especially tonight..... :worthy:

Actually....no I am now thinking they will be the harder team

I just think it is inevitable at this point and cant wait for the finals to begin

Cool....it will be a fun matchup for sure.

I can't wait either.............looking foward to tomorrow.....i'll be at the game, and I want to see my Magic move on to the finals for the first time since 1995!!

GO MAGIC!!!!

Congrats to the magic.......we honestly dont match up well against them in a lot of areas...we will just have to settle for having the home court advantage......

By the way.....punk move by lebron to run into the tunnel and not congratulate the other team......

Yea.. What a punk move by Lebronie. I must admit though, after watching this series, I say Lebron is 1 and Kobe is 1a in the league right now. Lebron can do it all, shoot the three and the midrange jumper, blow by the defender and jam it, and he can defend anybody (why was he covering Rafer Alston this whole series??).

One thing I hate about the league is the preferential calls for all of the 'superstars'. Whenever Lebron drives, it seems as though he will be getting an and 1 or two free throws. I am a tad scared to see what type of calls Kobe will get.

All in all, I think the home court advantage is crucial for the Lakers. Orlando may be solid on the road, but they make it extremely difficult to win; the only road games they have won decisively so far this post season have been game 6 in Philly and game 7 in Boston. If the Magic can steal a game in Los Angeles, I like there chances.

IT FEELS SO GOOD TO SEE ONE OF MY FAVORITE TEAMS GO TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP!! GO MAGIC!!

P.S.- Is it me or are basketball players the most dramatic athletes this side of the prime meridian?

Congrats to the magic.......we honestly dont match up well against them in a lot of areas...we will just have to settle for having the home court advantage......

By the way.....punk move by lebron to run into the tunnel and not congratulate the other team......

This should be a great final. Two amazing offensive teams. I wonder which team has the edge, defensively? I would have to think Orlando (D Howard!) but the Lakers can play defense if they put their mind to it... looking forward to it, and will be rooting hard for the Magic.... :lol: Sorry, I don't want to see Jackson get that next ring!

As for LeBron, honeslty, that doesn't bother me. The kid played his ass off, and I am sure was very disappointed. Sometimes, when you are in an "emotional state" it is best to leave quietly, and put things in perspective. I can't tell you how many times, in my life, where I wish I hadn't had time to react to something...he looked a little po'd at Howard toward the end of the game.

I am sure he will say all the right things...this is different, by the way, then, say the Detroit "Bad Boys" walking off the court, as a team, during the NBA finals a few years back. It isn't like Belechik refusing to acknowledge Mnagini....

As for LeBron, honeslty, that doesn't bother me. The kid played his ass off, and I am sure was very disappointed. Sometimes, when you are in an "emotional state" it is best to leave quietly, and put things in perspective. I can't tell you how many times, in my life, where I wish I hadn't had time to react to something...he looked a little po'd at Howard toward the end of the game.

I am sure he will say all the right things...this is different, by the way, then, say the Detroit "Bad Boys" walking off the court, as a team, during the NBA finals a few years back. It isn't like Belechik refusing to acknowledge Mnagini....

Very true, Lebron seems like a pretty classy guy. He dominates teams best defenders (Mickael Peatrus), but yet he doesn't beat his chest (much), curse, or act like a pre madonna. Also, when he hit that game winner during game 2, he didn't run down court like a jerkoff, stiff arm a little kid, or act like he was the king of the world.

Thanks for supporting the Magic, Buftex!!

I actually dont worry about Dwight Howard dominating us......he is going to have big scoring nights but we have the bigs to go at him tag team wise......

Nope....the single biggest thing that scares me is the magics ability to hit the long ball.........we have not all year in the regular season NORE have we in the playoffs shown the ability to not drift off three point shooters.....

On the lebron leaving thing.....maybe he is a classy guy the majority of the time.....but Kobe and Labron are compared on all things......and if that would have been Kobe that did that he would be getting CRUCIFIED.......people love to hate him......Labron is the poster child of the NBA

Also...it thought it was interesting how L. James didn't get the free throws he normally gets tonight.......odd

This should be a great final. Two amazing offensive teams. I wonder which team has the edge, defensively? I would have to think Orlando (D Howard!) but the Lakers can play defense if they put their mind to it... looking forward to it, and will be rooting hard for the Magic.... :lol: Sorry, I don't want to see Jackson get that next ring!

GO MAGIC!!!!

What a great night!!!! I certainly did not expect a blowout, but it sure made for a fun evening at the arena!! :bag::beer::beer:

I'm surprised to hear that LeBron blew off the media after the game...but I can understand his frustration.

There was nothing the Cavs could do to stop Dwight and his 3-point assassins tonight!!!

Starting a series on the road is nothing new for the Magic...they have won Game 1 on the road in the last 2 series and I hope they can make that 3 series in a row on Thursday.

This is going to be one hell of a series, and I'm sure everyone will be counting out the Magic once again, but I hope they can continue to shock the world.....I can't wait!!!!

Very true, Lebron seems like a pretty classy guy. He dominates teams best defenders (Mickael Peatrus), but yet he doesn't beat his chest (much), curse, or act like a pre madonna. Also, when he hit that game winner during game 2, he didn't run down court like a jerkoff, stiff arm a little kid, or act like he was the king of the world.

Thanks for supporting the Magic, Buftex!!

:lol:

Nobody expected Glen Davis to take, let alone, make that shot...it was one of those classic playoff moments in NBA annals. You bet he was excited... as for the kid, he will get mileage out of that moment for the rest of his life...if the Magic win the in the finals, that play will be replayed all the more... he wasn't hurt, his father is a big wuss...they were pretty much standing on the court for the play...those courtside tickets explain the potential risks of sitting courtside. They were just hurt that the Magic lost the game... I seriously doubt that Davis had intended to smack the kid, he said later, he thought it was one of his teammates congratulating him...maybe a jerkoff, but not in the same class as Alston, slapping someone in the head in frustration, because he can't figure out how to defend them...

Anyways, BEAT LA!