Get Er Done Russ!

Lv-Bills

under it's little player notes that the Chiefs will be fielding offers for Tony Gonzalez. This is slightly different news than TG to the Falcons, although they do mention the Falcons as a good suitor for TG.

The notes simply say that the Chiefs will be looking for a second rounder for TG. All I know is that the Bills 2nd rounder is higher than Atlanta's. What I really wonder though, is that if there is really interest in TG or not. One would have to think so.

Could you imagine a lineup of: One back set....

RB: Lynch/Freddie

WR: Evans

WR: Owens

WR: Reed

TE: Gonzalez

I mean, how do you stop that?

COME ON, ONE MORE MOVE.......One more. Please, lol. Hey Russ, I'll buy TG's jersey!

:devil:

under it's little player notes that the Chiefs will be fielding offers for Tony Gonzalez. This is slightly different news than TG to the Falcons, although they do mention the Falcons as a good suitor for TG.

The notes simply say that the Chiefs will be looking for a second rounder for TG. All I know is that the Bills 2nd rounder is higher than Atlanta's. What I really wonder though, is that if there is really interest in TG or not. One would have to think so.

COME ON, ONE MORE MOVE.......One more. Please, lol. Hey Russ, I'll buy TG's jersey!

I would rather use that pick on a TE of our own this year.

You pound the QB before he gets a chance to deliver the ball. If we can't block, all the weapons won't help much.

You stop it by having an OC and a head coach who call 5 yard outs regardless of down and distance and a QB who checks down on each and every one of the rare occasions the coaches call a play with a deep route as primary. You could have God at TE and still not get a first down with that philosophy.

You pound the QB before he gets a chance to deliver the ball. If we can't block, all the weapons won't help much.

Oh c'mon, we have a nonstarter from another team at center and two TBA's on the left side, why would we worry about pass blocking? Get with the program. :devil:

Come on, Lv, you know...YOU KNOW he doesn't want to come here and the chiefs would not do that to him.

...although it would be nice! ;)

so we use the pick on a TE who has maybe 2 good years left in him.

if we used that pick on a young TE and he only had 2 good year, wouldn't that be a bust?!?!

pick our own young TE and have him for the next 6 years. thats my choice.

I agree. The most I'd give up for Gonzalez is maybe a 3rd or a 4th and 7th or something.

But as others have pointed out, there were reports that he vetoed any deal to Buffalo. Not sure if having T.O. now might make him reconsider, but I doubt it. He wants a ring.

Jauron could turn that group into an average at best offense with ease.

if we used that pick on a young TE and he only had 2 good year, wouldn't that be a bust?!?!

Because we have had such resounding success drafting tight ends over the years? No thanks, only 2 years of TG will not make me pine for those 4 extra years of watching Derek Fine, Schouman and Tim Euhus sit on the bench or run some stupid H-back scheme.

Come on, Lv, you know...YOU KNOW he doesn't want to come here and the chiefs would not do that to him.

...although it would be nice! :devil:

LOL, That's all I'm saying.......would be so nice!

How's that second round pick James Hardy workin' out for ya this year?

We have T.O. in his twilight, could have TG in his twilight, to go with multiple budding (or already have budded stars in Lynch and Evans) and we would-should be unstoppable.

The pass blocking will be fine, as long as Peters is here. I say take our shot NOW. Some of you people act like we draft like we are the Patriots for gods sakes.

I'll take the sure thing for two years......wouldn't even have to ask me twice.

Oh c'mon, we have a nonstarter from another team at center and two TBA's on the left side, why would we worry about pass blocking? Get with the program. ;)

you are way too cynical.

The Bills have signed TWO scrubs from other teams and our own scrub in Chambers :devil:

AND we have a Hall of Fame 7th round draft pick ready to punch his ticket to Akron.

Super Bowl baby

it easy to stop that.

Have a craptacular OL.

it easy to stop that.

Have a craptacular OL.

Our pass blocking has been above average the last few years, and we got rid of two of the worst centers in the league in Preston and Fowler. And all of you "experts" ripped on Dockery all last year, and he's gone too. Assuming Peters is back, which I'll admit is a big if, we won't get worse.

If some of you want to say our pass blocking was at least average, this cast of offensive talent, would put any average line over the top.

Or, would we like to count on yet another Traveras Tillman type second round pick?

You can give me TG with an average OL anyday....for two years.