3 #1's for us

If we trade Peters and if we trade down in the draft, is it possible for us to get 3 1st round picks? or is it more likely another 1 and an extra two and 3? We would be in a good position to draft some great players if that happened, but I'd rather see them re-sign Peters. But with those draft picks we should be able to fill some major holes

If Ron Wolf or Ozzie Newsome was doing our drafting, maybe it's a good idea. Based on this groups track record, I say sign Peters.

I don't think we should count out our front office's ability to draft.

Here's a link to our recent drafts:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...0&type=team

Now here's the "draft expert" patriots:

I might say we look a little better

If we trade Peters and if we trade down in the draft, is it possible for us to get 3 1st round picks? or is it more likely another 1 and an extra two and 3? We would be in a good position to draft some great players if that happened, but I'd rather see them re-sign Peters. But with those draft picks we should be able to fill some major holes

There is no way trading Peters will net us 2 1st round picks. He is not Jay Cutler.

I might say you've been drinking early in the day.

I actually totally agree...if you compare the draft history, ours is clearly more succesful. NE gets a lot of credit for excellent drafts because they win, but a lot of their success comes from bringing in role players that fit their system in FA. They have had a few impact players in the draft, but we've clearly had more.

I actually totally agree...if you compare the draft history, ours is clearly more succesful. NE gets a lot of credit for excellent drafts because they win, but a lot of their success comes from bringing in role players that fit their system in FA. They have had a few impact players in the draft, but we've clearly had more.

I'd like to refute that...

For those that believe (as I do) that the game is won in the trenches, New England's entire starting offensive and defensive lines are draft picks, as are the top 2 backups on both lines. That makes 10 starters and 4 backups. Other notable draft picks for NE:

Tom Brady

Jerod Mayo

Ben Watson

Lawrence Maroney

Ellis Hobbs

Tedy Bruschi

For a total of 16 starters and 4 backups drafted.

Now let's go to Buffalo's impact draft picks:

Trent Edwards

Marshawn Lynch

Lee Evans

Brad Butler (it's a real stretch, but hey, I'm trying to give the FO the benefit of the doubt)

Aaron Schobel (although it was a different regime)

Kyle Williams (again, benefit of the doubt)

Paul Posluszny

Terrence McGee (again, different regime)

Leodis McKelvin

Donte Whitner

For a total of 10 starters drafted, 2 of which came from the Donahoe regime.

Now compare the quality of player of each club....not even close. Patriots win by a mile.

I dont think there is a way to get 3 1st round pics

I think the best case scenario is for us to get 2 first round pics as follows:

Buffalo trades Peters to Philly for a 1st, and a 3rd

Buffalo trades their 1st to the Jets who are begging us to have the 11th pick overall so that they can draft Sanchez, or Freeman over Denver who now is in need of a young QB with talent, and upside. We would pick up the Jets 1st, and possibly 2nd, or 3rd.

With this we could possibly go with Ayers, Pettigrew, Mack/Unger with our first 3 picks. IMO that would be a fantastic draft. or maybe someone like Brown, or even Raji (now that hes a drug addict) slides down to the pick we got from the Jets. We would still have 2 2nds, or 2 3rds left to take more depth at OLB, CB, OT, OG, RB. :thumbdown:

Thanks for that. I suspected that you were a troll but I wasn't quite sure. Nice touch. :thumbdown:

I dont think there is a way to get 3 1st round pics

I think the best case scenario is for us to get 2 first round pics as follows:

Buffalo trades Peters to Philly for a 1st, and a 3rd

Buffalo trades their 1st to the Jets who are begging us to have the 11th pick overall so that they can draft Sanchez, or Freeman over Denver who now is in need of a young QB with talent, and upside. We would pick up the Jets 1st, and possibly 2nd, or 3rd.

With this we could possibly go with Ayers, Pettigrew, Mack/Unger with our first 3 picks. IMO that would be a fantastic draft. or maybe someone like Brown, or even Raji (now that hes a drug addict) slides down to the pick we got from the Jets. We would still have 2 2nds, or 2 3rds left to take more depth at OLB, CB, OT, OG, RB. :thumbdown:

Did you ever think about who would play LEFT TACKLE?

Good bye Trent, hello Ryan Fitzpatrick

^you can get starting LT's late in the first round. Ryan Clady went 12 last year, marcus mcneill 2nd round, tony ugoh 2nd round and obviously the incredible longshot of peters going undrafted. point is..trading peters will land us a 2nd maybe in a desperate move a first rounder but what team would give us a first rounder??? the eagles 28th pick...the pats would somehow pull that deal off but wont happend, the lions 20th pick...maybe if millen was running the show. we'll trade back pick up another 2nd and a 2nd with peters leaves us with a mid/late first rounder and 3 2nd rounders which would be a great draft for us