3 #1's for us

There is no way trading Peters will net us 2 1st round picks. He is not Jay Cutler.

I can see it happening this way. Peters and the Bills third round pick for Philly's two firsts. Just a thought. Then Buffalo could trade down with somebody and pick up at least a third I'd think.

I'd like to refute that...

For those that believe (as I do) that the game is won in the trenches, New England's entire starting offensive and defensive lines are draft picks, as are the top 2 backups on both lines. That makes 10 starters and 4 backups. Other notable draft picks for NE:

Tom Brady

Jerod Mayo

Ben Watson

Lawrence Maroney

Ellis Hobbs

Tedy Bruschi

For a total of 16 starters and 4 backups drafted.

Now let's go to Buffalo's impact draft picks:

Trent Edwards

Marshawn Lynch

Lee Evans

Brad Butler (it's a real stretch, but hey, I'm trying to give the FO the benefit of the doubt)

Aaron Schobel (although it was a different regime)

Kyle Williams (again, benefit of the doubt)

Paul Posluszny

Terrence McGee (again, different regime)

Leodis McKelvin

Donte Whitner

For a total of 10 starters drafted, 2 of which came from the Donahoe regime.

Now compare the quality of player of each club....not even close. Patriots win by a mile.

You left out Nate Clements, Travis Henry, Willis McGahee, the UFA signing of Jason Peters.

At least we could get an extra 1st, maybe 2 2nds and a 3rd if we trade Peters and trade down. Although I still want to sign Peters

Dude are you totally delusional? If the Bills decided to trade Peters.....They would be very very luck to get a low

1st round pick for him.. Thats it, no extra picks. I don't even think they would get a first, more likely a 2nd round for him. So your little dream of us getting two firsts and a 2nd and third, is just that.....a dream.

Dude are you totally delusional? If the Bills decided to trade Peters.....They would be very very luck to get a low

1st round pick for him.. Thats it, no extra picks. I don't even think they would get a first, more likely a 2nd round for him. So your little dream of us getting two firsts and a 2nd and third, is just that.....a dream.

Not that what Tim Grahm says is gospel, but he seems to think that it is "probable" that we would get a 1st and 3rd. So just as off as the original poster was on what he believed we could get, you're equally as wrong on the other end of the spectrum. And btw, the OP said "and trade down"

Not that what Tim Grahm says is gospel, but he seems to think that it is "probable" that we would get a 1st and 3rd. So just as off as the original poster was on what he believed we could get, you're equally as wrong on the other end of the spectrum. And btw, the OP said "and trade down"

I should never have suggested 3 first round picks. But if we trade Peters AND we trade down then we will have multiple firsts and either multiple 2nd's or 3rd's. I think that's accurate enough

Tim Graham is reporting that the Bills will probably get a 1 and a 3 for him. Would be great. We shall see

I don't think we should count out our front office's ability to draft.

Here's a link to our recent drafts:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...0&type=team

Now here's the "draft expert" patriots:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft...0&type=team

I might say we look a little better

It really depends on how far back you want to compare drafts. During the time frame of 01-05 the Pats, severely out draft the Bills, and probably the rest of the league by a mile. It is amazing how many solid lineman and other above average starters they found in those years. In 2000 they happened to get a guy named Brady as well. The Bills had a few nice hits in the same time frame but a few complete misses as well. The Bills have been average in draft success, IMO. The one glaring problem is the inability to solidfy either line through the draft. In addition to this the Bills have not found an answer at Qb, since Jim Kelly.

In the last three drafts, I give the edge to the Bills. It is too early to tell with many of these players, but I'm going on potential. Just an opinion. The Pats have come back to earth in the last three years. Jerod Mayo seems to be a stud though. The Bills have put some nice pieces in place over the last three years. The same questions about the lines and Qb, remain though.

It really depends on how far back you want to compare drafts. During the time frame of 01-05 the Pats, severely out draft the Bills, and probably the rest of the league by a mile. It is amazing how many solid lineman and other above average starters they found in those years. In 2000 they happened to get a guy named Brady as well. The Bills had a few nice hits in the same time frame but a few complete misses as well. The Bills have been average in draft success, IMO. The one glaring problem is the inability to solidfy either line through the draft. In addition to this the Bills have not found an answer at Qb, since Jim Kelly.

In the last three drafts, I give the edge to the Bills. It is too early to tell with many of these players, but I'm going on potential. Just an opinion. The Pats have come back to earth in the last three years. Jerod Mayo seems to be a stud though. The Bills have put some nice pieces in place over the last three years. The same questions about the lines and Qb, remain though.

Totally agree...