#11 draft pick in demand?

Fastro

It was mentioned in several threads yesterday but here is a good summary of the potential demand for the Bill's draft pick as a result of the Cutler trade. It will be interesting to see what offers the Bills might have for their draft pick. I would love to get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick as a result to help shore up several of the team needs. Here is the link:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr.../wwhi040209.htm

It was mentioned in several threads yesterday but here is a good summary of the potential demand for the Bill's draft pick as a result of the Cutler trade. It will be interesting to see what offers the Bills might have for their draft pick. I would love to get an extra 2nd or 3rd round pick as a result to help shore up several of the team needs. Here is the link:

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDr.../wwhi040209.htm

Well according to some "insiders" we had many offers to trade down the year we drafted Donte Whitner. Unfortunately this year's draft could play out the same way. We'll probably stand pat at #11 (despite numerous trade down offers) and select another player the caliber of Donte Whitner. It's the Bills, what can I say??

Well according to some "insiders" we had many offers to trade down the year we drafted Donte Whitner. Unfortunately this year's draft could play out the same way. We'll probably stand pat at #11 (despite numerous trade down offers) and select another player the caliber of Donte Whitner. It's the Bills, what can I say??

or we could draft another Leodis McKelvin.

Our spot won't be in demand until we are on the clock, but lots of groundwork can be laid today.

IF Sanchez is there we can have discussions with several teams including Denver. Could get veddy veddy interesting. Hope our team does their homework and is able to think & work quickly once the clock is ticking.

:thumbsup:

You gotta know that's not going to happen with this bunch... :unsure:

Let's swap our first rounder with the Giants and give up a fourth or fifth for Osi.

Why not? Then we can take what's his face at TE late in the first.

I'm just throwing it out there because it seems everyone makes the same outlandish predictions revolving around the same players, and then when the big moves happen, it's something nobody ever even thought of. Nobody's ever said this, so I wanted dibs.

We did have multiple offers. The broncos offered the 14th overall, the 36th overall, and a 4th for our 8th. The Vikings and Eagles also made offers, it was never reported what they offered. The Eagles wanted Bunkley, who they drafted. I hope a qb falls so that we can get a good offer to trade down. If a Rajj or Crabtree falls, the bills should stay and count their blessing that an elite talent fell to them.

"The Browns, at No. 5, now can be expected to take an even closer look at Sanchez" ... Is the author of that article on crack?!? They already have Anderson and Quinn and are trying to move one ...

Our spot won't be in demand until we are on the clock, but lots of groundwork can be laid today.

IF Sanchez is there we can have discussions with several teams including Denver. Could get veddy veddy interesting. Hope our team does their homework and is able to think & work quickly once the clock is ticking.

Agreed. Our pick doesn't mean much until we are actually on the clock and Dirty Sanchez in still on the board. Then we entertain offers to move down. Ideally, we bluff denver into giving us 1 of their 3rds to flip-flop #11 and #12.

I actually think this entire point is moot, because i think sanchez is going top 10. (Assuming det takes stafford) The hot spots to trade will be the 7-9 spots, to try and jump in front SF who might take Dirty is he's available.

We did have multiple offers. The broncos offered the 14th overall, the 36th overall, and a 4th for our 8th. The Vikings and Eagles also made offers, it was never reported what they offered. The Eagles wanted Bunkley, who they drafted. I hope a qb falls so that we can get a good offer to trade down. If a Rajj or Crabtree falls, the bills should stay and count their blessing that an elite talent fell to them.

Ya, I remember something like that. They asked Marv about it, and he said that they had Whitner targeted the whole time and didn't want to risk someone else taking him even though he was a consensus late first round pick. As nice of a guy he is, Levy made some really dumb moves as GM.

Let's swap our first rounder with the Giants and give up a fourth or fifth for Osi.

I'm just throwing it out there because it seems everyone makes the same outlandish predictions revolving around the same players, and then when the big moves happen, it's something nobody ever even thought of. Nobody's ever said this, so I wanted dibs.

This would be an enticing offer. If the Giants wanted to give up Osi for what is, for the most part, a swap of 1sts and a practice squader, it would be a steal.

Brandon seems to be more of a wheeler dealer than the previous GM's.

Does Dibs know that? I would approach him carefully, he might be freaked out by your interest. :thumbsup:

Ya, I remember something like that. They asked Marv about it, and he said that they had Whitner targeted the whole time and didn't want to risk someone else taking him even though he was a consensus late first round pick. As nice of a guy he is, Levy made some really dumb moves as GM.

Totally agree.

Totally agree.

Marv was afraid that the Lions, who wanted Huff, might take Whitner at 9. Everyone besides Marx knew that the lions really wanted Simms. Marv was also afraid the Ravens would select Whitner at 12, which would have happened if Ngata was not on the board. Marv should have traded down to 14, as it was definitly worth the risk.

Marv was afraid that the Lions, who wanted Huff, might take Whitner at 9. Everyone besides Marx knew that the lions really wanted Simms. Marv was also afraid the Ravens would select Whitner at 12, which would have happened if Ngata was not on the board. Marv should have traded down to 14, as it was definitly worth the risk.

Marv: Best coach in Bills history. Worst GM in Buffalo Bills history.

I don't think it ends up working out that way. Sanchez's stock is SOARING right now.

In 2006, Young, Leinart, and Cutler were all pretty evenly rated. This year, Stafford is clearly the cream of the crop followed closely by Sanchez. Freeman, who is also hot right now (for some reason), is clearly not in the same class as the other two. Plus, in 2006, Young wasn't taken until the 3rd pick, making it easier for the others to fall than this year (where Stafford will most likely be taken 1st overall).

I think Sanchez is taken before we pick, easily. The only way it would work out for us is if the Lions passed on Stafford. Then, maybe.