Cutler Officially Available

Rimjack

My understanding is that he was not so much upset at the attempted trade as the fact he was lied to. Nobody likes a phony except another phony.

IMO, Cutler is the best QB to come out of the 2006 draft. I think he's headed for stardom. He'd be a big upgrade over TE, right now. The only questions I have about him is his attitude. He wasn't respectful of Elway and seems to be a little bit of a primadonna. I don't blame him for his recent problems with the Bronco's because they are douchebags. Why they would want another QB when they have Cutler is mind boggling.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised at this. I thought McDaniels was going to make nice with him. Broncos fans must be losing their minds.

Cutler must really be upset. What a baby.

How often do you see a 25-year-old Pro Bowl QB traded? Crazy.

I just hope the Jets don't land him. ESPN's John Clayton seems to think that either the Lions will get him by trading their No. 1 pick, or there'll be a three-team trade involving the Browns and Brady Quinn. As long as he doesn't land in the AFC East, I'm good.

Not pretty: Broncos Country Message Boards > Broncomania

i think DETROIT makes the most sense. Cutler is a way better option than Stafford. I'd give em either the #1 overall or a combo of my second #1 AND my #2 (steep i know).....either way, it's a coup for Detroit. Also, by passing on Stafford, it increases the likelyhood that Sanchez is there at #11, giving Buffalo many interesting trade down possibilities. I wouldn't want him here in Buffalo, Cutler will be another (Peters) as i see this as power play to get a new "i wanna be the highest paid" contract by forcing Denvers hand.

I state this with absolutely no belief that it would ever happen.

I think Buffalo would have a better shot than most at Cutler because Edwards looks to be more of a McDaniels kind of guy. From what I can see in the draft, Stafford is probably the only kid that would maybe fit with McDaniels, but that's not going to happen. Of all the other teams out there, we are the only ones with a QB we could part with that would make sense for the Broncos.

In terms or wanting Cutler? Yes, he is much better than Edwards and I think that the Bronco's really messed things up with him. However, if your boss gets fired, wouldn't any logical person wonder if the new person coming in is going to view you in the same light as your old one? I mean seriously, Cutler had to think about this a little bit. I think Cutler's only arrogance was assuming that he was the dream fit for the "New" Broncos. In either case, McDaniels handled this like a chump and I kinda hope this blows up in his face. Imagine how it will go if Cutler lights it up where he goes and the Broncos fall below .500

IMO, Cutler is the best QB to come out of the 2006 draft. I think he's headed for stardom. He'd be a big upgrade over TE, right now. The only questions I have about him is his attitude. He wasn't respectful of Elway and seems to be a little bit of a primadonna. I don't blame him for his recent problems with the Bronco's because they are douchebags. Why they would want another QB when they have Cutler is mind boggling.

Okay, I will admit, I am a closeted Broncos fan. Don't love them like I love the Bills, but I have always kind of pulled for them when the Bills were outta the mix. This whole Cutler disrespecting Elway has got to be one of the most repeated, errors, that I have seen about any player, this side of Terrell Owens. Cutler's comment, that he had a "stronger arm than Elway" is debatable (but it is debatable), and has been taken so out of the context in which it was made. Steely, you are better than that! :thumbsup:

I do agree, Cutler is the best QB from the 2006 draft, and will be one of the better QB's in the league for years to come, provided he doesn't go the Jeff George rout, and make himself a nuisance wherever he winds up... I am going to say he winds up in Chicago!

BTW- all you who are calling Cutler a baby... how do you feel about Terrell Owens being a Buffalo Bill?

Thanks for posting the link. Some mixed opinions in there. One guy said something that kinda jumped out at me:

"15 years from now, people will talk about this trade the same way they talk about Atlanta trading Brett Favre to Green Bay."

Crazy!

Some guys are saying if he doesn't wanna be here then we don't want him here. And some are obviously infuriated. But with QB being the ultimate position in sports, it seems almost unfathomable that a 25-year-old franchise signal caller could get traded coming off of a monster statistical year.

McDaniels hasn't even coached a game yet and they're already calling for his head.

Drama!

In all seriousness, Buffalo wouldn't be doing their team or their fans due diligence without asking what the price might be for Cutler. He's more talented than Edwards and quarterbacks like Cutler are not an every day commodity. Also, Evans likes the deep ball and T.O. likes his touches. Cutler has the mentality to go deep and truly is a "pass happy" type quarterback.

Yes, is he whiny? Sure. Is he talented? Sure. Is he a head case? Sure, a little bit. Can he better Buffalo's roster? Absolutely. We did the same thing to get T.O. The only difference is quarterback is more of a vital position, Cutler is younger, and he definitely carries minimal baggage compared to T.O. and even Mr. Marshawn Lynch.

Buffalo should ask if Cutler could be had for three needs Denver has, a quarterback in return, a special teams ace, and a high draft pick.

Denver would have to consider leaping at a Trent Edwards, Roscoe Parrish, and 2nd round draft pick for Cutler.

Cutler matched up with Evans and Owens makes for a nasty passing game. Add in Lynch, Reed, and Jackson into the mix and the passing game opens up the running game and more opportunities for Reed in the slot.

Then, take the rest of our draft picks on the OL/DL and Buffalo actually has the makings of a playoff team.

Buffalo should consider it...seriously!!!

Totally agree... :thumbsup:

Thanks for posting the link. Some mixed opinions in there. One guy said something that kinda jumped out at me:

"15 years from now, people will talk about this trade the same way they talk about Atlanta trading Brett Favre to Green Bay."

Crazy!

Some guys are saying if he doesn't wanna be here then we don't want him here. And some are obviously infuriated. But with QB being the ultimate position in sports, it seems almost unfathomable that a 25-year-old franchise signal caller could get traded coming off of a monster statistical year.

Drama!

I have to believe that if Bowlan hadn't just fired a legend (Shanahan) and hired a new Jackass coach (McDaniel) , the coach would be the one on the block right now...

I have to believe that if Bowlan hadn't just fired a legend (Shanahan) and hired a new Jackass coach (McDaniel) , the coach would be the one on the block right now...

True that. Frankly, I'm actually surprised. You'd think Bowlen would've told McDaniels not to even entertain the notion of bringing in a different QB. Cutler is being a huge baby and totally overreacted, but he's the franchise and they have to coddle him. I honestly though that they'd mend fences, but he does want out and won't look back.

But because they canned a legend and brought in a rookie, he has to set the tone and show who's in charge, so it kinda makes sense. They screwed up, but they have to show who's in charge.

Denver has long been looking for the successer to Elway, and they found him, but now they have to start over. Whoever they bring in, be it Quinn, Stafford, Freeman, Sanchez, or someone else, if they don't succeed and Cutler goes on to have a brilliant career, Broncos fans will be incredibly soured, bitter and truly alienated. They'll never forgive McDaniels and Bowlen will have to fire him too and start over again in an effort to remove themselves from the McDaniels/Cutler saga. It's a schitty situation.

Didn't the Broncos also screw-up the situation with Jake Plummer??

Yes, by signing him... :thumbsup:

Really, Plummer just wanted to retire. He didn't really enjoy the game, and so he says, the death of Pat Tillman sort of put life into perspective for him... I know he was in Shanahan's dog house a lot, toward the end... but he just wasn't a great QB. Not the worst, but not great...

I'd bet cold hard cash TO would make Cutler cry on the sidelines before the season was over.

No doubt. :doh:

Yet another QB with a big gun for an arm and less-than-zero intangibles. "So Drew and JP didn't work out, maybe the 3rd time is a charm." :thumbsup: Just say NO to this puss.

Six Teams And Counting Interested In Cutler

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2009, 10:19 p.m.

The “For Sale” sign has been planted in the front yard, and the Broncos will soon be showing potential buyers the partially-finished basement.

According to Charles Robinson and Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports, at least six teams are interested in Cutler.

The Jets, Buccaneers, Bears, Lions, 49ers, and Browns already have been identified. Per Robinson and Cole, the Jaguars have shown interest as well.

As we’ve been saying over and over until people tell us to shut up, any team contemplating using a first-round pick on a quarterback should be interested in Cutler, because unlike an unproven rookie first-rounder Cutler has shown that he can perform at the NFL level.

Meanwhile, chatter persists in league circles regarding the Redskins. We heard several weeks ago that the ‘Skins are indeed interested. As one league source reiterated moments ago, the pursuit of Cutler in 2009 could be driven by the intended pursuit of the man who drafted him in 2010 — former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.

The jets are the lead candidate for cutler..... not good.

Six Teams And Counting Interested In Cutler

Posted by Mike Florio on March 31, 2009, 10:19 p.m.

The “For Sale” sign has been planted in the front yard, and the Broncos will soon be showing potential buyers the partially-finished basement.

According to Charles Robinson and Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports, at least six teams are interested in Cutler.

The Jets, Buccaneers, Bears, Lions, 49ers, and Browns already have been identified. Per Robinson and Cole, the Jaguars have shown interest as well.

As we’ve been saying over and over until people tell us to shut up, any team contemplating using a first-round pick on a quarterback should be interested in Cutler, because unlike an unproven rookie first-rounder Cutler has shown that he can perform at the NFL level.

Meanwhile, chatter persists in league circles regarding the Redskins. We heard several weeks ago that the ‘Skins are indeed interested. As one league source reiterated moments ago, the pursuit of Cutler in 2009 could be driven by the intended pursuit of the man who drafted him in 2010 — former Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.

The jets are the lead candidate for cutler..... not good.

I'm hoping that the jests get Cutler. All the Edwards fan boys have repeatedly assured me that Cutler is awful and a franchise cancer. :thumbsup:

Kelly made himself unexpendable right from the start, so trying to compare these situations is silly at best. Kelly was a franchise QB that lead his team to greatness consistently during the regular season.

He also went to another league and whined about even being drafted by the Bills and hoped(see SI interview 1986) that the Bills would trade his rights to NY or LA. Only when he had no other options did he come to Buffalo

I think the team that gets Cutler has a better than 50/50 chance of getting good value for their trade. With 6 or more teams in the mix, Denver will get a lot of picks with some being pretty high. Cutler has talent and my guess is that his feelings towards being disrespected are genuine. He is not the first to feel this way aboout how Bellichick and his team treat their players. Branch, Law, and Milloy jump immediately to mind.

Denver may have been set back even if they get value. Who is their current 2nd stringer? I can't imagine any team packaging a viable NFL starter and meeting Denver's overall demands. I suppose a trade including Jason Campbell is possible given Snyder's fascination with "big moves".

I don't think Cutler makes sense for the Bills. Maybe a year from now he would. Trent Edwards is not a perfect QB but he has shown sgns of being efficient and offers continuity to the Bills. That is something which is desperately needed. He deserves to be the starter for 2009.

I think the team that gets Cutler has a better than 50/50 chance of getting good value for their trade. With 6 or more teams in the mix, Denver will get a lot of picks with some being pretty high. Cutler has talent and my guess is that his feelings towards being disrespected are genuine. He is not the first to feel this way aboout how Bellichick and his team treat their players. Branch, Law, and Milloy jump immediately to mind.

Denver may have been set back even if they get value. Who is their current 2nd stringer? I can't imagine any team packaging a viable NFL starter and meeting Denver's overall demands. I suppose a trade including Jason Campbell is possible given Snyder's fascination with "big moves".

I don't think Cutler makes sense for the Bills. Maybe a year from now he would. Trent Edwards is not a perfect QB but he has shown sgns of being efficient and offers continuity to the Bills. That is something which is desperately needed. He deserves to be the starter for 2009.

Did somebody shoot you and steal you screen name? Wait.....ieatcrayonz is making total sense......April Fools joke? :thumbsup: