Cutler Officially Available

Rimjack

I just heard on 104.3 Denver, "The Sports Guys," that Pat Bowlen put out a press release saying Jay Cutler would be traded, per his request. The release noted numerous efforts to contact Cutler, by both McDaniel and Bowlen, have been ignored, and Cutler's agent stated Cutler "no longer has any desire to play for the Broncos." The radio guys noted local reports that indicated Bowlen was fed up with Cutler's refusal to answer his calls, or to show up for any of the meetings or workouts.

Let the speculation begin!!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo Rumblings reported the other day that part of the Bills brass was obsessed with bringing him in for a look.

Personally, I don't think it will ever happen, but will make the draft more interesting!

Firstly, I think the Broncos are insane to let this get to this point (I am one of those that thinks Cutler is pretty damn good), but, I have to say, I am starting to "see the light" that Cutler is being pretty unreasonable too...

Oh well, I just hope he doesn't end up with the Jets or Dolphins....

Let the speculation begin!!!

I say he ends up in Detroit for their second 1st round selection and 4th round selection. That would keep Detroit from having to take a shot on Stafford or Sanchez and get a proven capable franchise QB. Then they could take Curry or Smith #1 overall, more than likely Jason Smith who would be their starting LT for the next 7 years atleast.

Cutler in my mind isn't wrong here. It sounds like the owner, and coach gave him reassurances on different occassions that he was their guy. At the same time the owner and coach were trying to trade him. I don't think cutler is making any of this up. Pat Bowlen and Mcdaniels to my knowledge havent' denied anything Cuter has said. On the flip side Mcdaniels and Bowlen appear to have changed their stories a few times. First they said they didn't try to trade Cutler, then they said they did, Then they said he is their guy and wouldn't trade him, and now they are.

People say the Bills front office is a mess.

Anyone else notice that the coaches from the Belichick Tree appear to be failing? Weis, Mangini, Cronell, and now Mcdaniels?

McDaniels is a young coach trying to make a name for himself. Bowlen is an idiot who's trying to do anything he can to help the people of Denver forget that they just got rid of Shannahan and that Shannahan helped the Broncos to 2 SB victories. People who come in and start trying to throw their "weight" around alot of times end up being shown the door..............quick. It's going to be awesome to watch the Broncos implode over the next couple of years :rolleyes:

Cutler in my mind isn't wrong here. It sounds like the owner, and coach gave him reassurances on different occassions that he was their guy. At the same time the owner and coach were trying to trade him.

His name was mentioned in some trade scenarios. So what? Are NFL QBs supposed to be immune from a fortuitous trade, for the team? That's a horrible reaction to something that can happen to most NFL players (QBs included). Hell, there was speculation that Belicheat might consider trading Brady, at one point.

I can see him being caught off guard, and maybe feeling a little slighted. But, he's taken that reaction to a new level. He needs to grow up.

In fairness to Cutler, how do you think a 25-year old Jim Kelly would have responded under similar circumstances. If a new coach had come in and tried to trade him, Kelly would have wanted the hell out of Buffalo.

Detroit has to be the favorite. They can send Denver their #20 and their #33 for him.

In all seriousness, Buffalo wouldn't be doing their team or their fans due diligence without asking what the price might be for Cutler. He's more talented than Edwards and quarterbacks like Cutler are not an every day commodity. Also, Evans likes the deep ball and T.O. likes his touches. Cutler has the mentality to go deep and truly is a "pass happy" type quarterback.

Yes, is he whiny? Sure. Is he talented? Sure. Is he a head case? Sure, a little bit. Can he better Buffalo's roster? Absolutely. We did the same thing to get T.O. The only difference is quarterback is more of a vital position, Cutler is younger, and he definitely carries minimal baggage compared to T.O. and even Mr. Marshawn Lynch.

Buffalo should ask if Cutler could be had for three needs Denver has, a quarterback in return, a special teams ace, and a high draft pick.

Denver would have to consider leaping at a Trent Edwards, Roscoe Parrish, and 2nd round draft pick for Cutler.

Cutler matched up with Evans and Owens makes for a nasty passing game. Add in Lynch, Reed, and Jackson into the mix and the passing game opens up the running game and more opportunities for Reed in the slot.

Then, take the rest of our draft picks on the OL/DL and Buffalo actually has the makings of a playoff team.

Buffalo should consider it...seriously!!!

In fairness to Cutler, how do you think a 25-year old Jim Kelly would have responded under similar circumstances. If a new coach had come in and tried to trade him, Kelly would have wanted the hell out of Buffalo.

While we can't know for sure, I think Jim would have taken it as a challenge to kick some ass on the field. I don't think he would have pouted, publicly.

Kelly made himself unexpendable right from the start, so trying to compare these situations is silly at best. Kelly was a franchise QB that lead his team to greatness consistently during the regular season.