Cutler Officially Available

Rimjack

Is this the same Mike Shanahan that has not gotten to the playoffs in 3 years. The same coach who blew a 3 game lead in the AFC west. The same coach who has not been able to come up with any defense in 3 years.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I say he ends up in Detroit for their second 1st round selection and 4th round selection. That would keep Detroit from having to take a shot on Stafford or Sanchez and get a proven capable franchise QB. Then they could take Curry or Smith #1 overall, more than likely Jason Smith who would be their starting LT for the next 7 years atleast.

Cutler might wish he had kept his mouth shut.

I'm thinking during the HOF game!

How about how long before T.O. makes Trent cry? How many games on the over/under?

Won't happen. TO is a model citizen, his first year with a team.

While we can't know for sure, I think Jim would have taken it as a challenge to kick some ass on the field. I don't think he would have pouted, publicly.

I doubt it. Kelly had a big ego and a ROOKIE head coach coming in and telling him he was expendable(especially for a one-year wonder) would not have been handled well.

Kelly made himself unexpendable right from the start, so trying to compare these situations is silly at best. Kelly was a franchise QB that lead his team to greatness consistently during the regular season.

Skoob, unsurprisingly you miss the point. It's about ego and self-perception Cutler sees himself as a leader and doesn't see himself as trade fodder especially coming off a pro bowl season. BTW, Kelly's first two seasons weren't very successful. Without looking, I'll bet Cutler's stats compare favorably to Kelly's did at a similar stage in his career.

I'm not sure which would be more fun to watch: shipping him to someplace like Detroit, or seeing him face the NYC media after a Jets loss?

Damn, I hate QBs who whine. Elway, Eli, whoever. Yeah, so those two won Super Bowls in their new homes. Doesn't mean I have to like them.

Wow, did Denver screw the pooch. How the hell do you manage to drive your franchaise QB out of town without any apparent replacement? I can't recall the last time a team handled a personnel situation this badly.

I'd much rather have him in Detroit for a few reasons...

Oh, there's no doubt he'd be an upgrade over the bums on the current Jets roster, and all those people who ran out and bought No. 4 Favre jerseys last August do need something new to wear.

But if he loses a couple of games, throws a pick or two, release the hounds ...

I think that Cutler and Calvin Johnson would be a duo that ends up being comparable to Culpepper and Moss. Jay is a strong armed QB and Johnson is a guy who catches just about everything thrown his way. They also have a potential star RB in Kevin Smith. Laugh if you want to, but draft Jason Smith from Baylor to be the LT for the next 7 years and they would have the makings of what could be a very good offense.

I'm surprised at this. I thought McDaniels was going to make nice with him. Broncos fans must be losing their minds.

Cutler must really be upset. What a baby.

How often do you see a 25-year-old Pro Bowl QB traded? Crazy.

I just hope the Jets don't land him. ESPN's John Clayton seems to think that either the Lions will get him by trading their No. 1 pick, or there'll be a three-team trade involving the Browns and Brady Quinn. As long as he doesn't land in the AFC East, I'm good.