Bills appear to be done in FA

damj

Don't ask for a link ... I heard it on WGR this am ... Jauron was talking that Ellison is the starting LB, unless they find a FA that knocks their socks off and that Chambers / Bell will compete at LG ... so apparently we're not bring in any more free agents ... so outside of a likely upgrade at center, a hole at LG and no upgrades on D ... we have only the TO move this offseason ... So, while the TO move is an upgrade at WR, I think it is largely a PR move to sucker us back in while they make no major improvements to the roster ...

why do I even care any more?!? :nana::lol::wallbash::w00t::w00t::w00t::lol::wallbash:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't ask for a link ... I heard it on WGR this am ... Jauron was talking that Ellison is the starting LB, unless they find a FA that knocks their socks off and that Chambers / Bell will compete at LG ... so apparently we're not bring in any more free agents ... so outside of a likely upgrade at center, a hole at LG and no upgrades on D ... we have only the TO move this offseason ... So, while the TO move is an upgrade at WR, I think it is largely a PR move to sucker us back in while they make no major improvements to the roster ...

why do I even care any more?!? :nana::lol::wallbash::w00t::w00t::w00t::lol::wallbash:

What about the draft? Never mind....that will consist of safeties and corners.

He said the same thing about Anthony Thomas 3 years ago saying he was fine with him starting, then the Bills drafted Lynch. Don't believe any pre-draft discussion, most of it is posturing.

Not saying he's not telling the truth, but at this point you can never be sure.

why do I even care any more?!? :thumbsup::D:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

Don't be a simpleton. What is Jauron supposed to say, that Ellison sucks when he is still on the team? He is not going to show his hand to anyone, nor is he supposed to. I am sure we will still be looking to improve the team throughout the coming months leading up to the season. There is the draft and possible trade possibilities for Peters, and picking up Waters, Scheffler, etc.

So use your brain and don't take everything Jauron says so literally. It is called "coach speak" FYI.

we knock the Pat Thomas signing cause we never heard of him, but he was the Chiefs starting middle linebacker for 9 weeks last season before he got injured. I don't see how Keiaho would be a better pick up than Thomas honestly. He'll be very much in play for the starting job. Plus there's the draft. And then people cut and sign more people as the season gets closer.

we knock the Pat Thomas signing cause we never heard of him, but he was the Chiefs starting middle linebacker for 9 weeks last season before he got injured. I don't see how Keiaho would be a better pick up than Thomas honestly. He'll be very much in play for the starting job. Plus there's the draft. And then people cut and sign more people as the season gets closer.

Keiaho would be better because he has much better speed and coverage skills, and though he's been inconsistent, he has shwon some playmaking ability. Thomas is a fringe ST player who started at MLB for the worst D in the league (because he doens't have the speed to cover TE's).

That's why he'd be better than Thomas. He's also better than Ellison due to size and those same reasons.

Though June is better than Keiaho.

Ellison was playing out of position last year. And his play suffered as a result. NO WAY he lines up as our starting SLB. Absent any additional signings, our starting SLB is in the draft. Just a hunch. Cushing anyone? Matthews? I just hope neither is taken at 11. You'd think the Bills could trade down but if they can't find a partner I won't be surprised if they DO take one at 11.

GO BILLS!!!

why do I even care any more?!? :thumbsup::D:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

ya, don't be such a simpleton :lol:

The only reason we missed the playoffs last year was because of this:

After starting 5-1, this is what our QB's did in the next 8 games:

Edwards:

Mia: 67.2 QB rating, 227 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fmb lost (2 total)

Jets: 79.3 QB rating, 289 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT, 1 Fmb lost (1 total)

NE: 46.2 QB rating, 120 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

CLE: 50.3 QB rating, 148 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT

KC: 121.0 QB rating, 273 tds, 2 TD, 0 INT, 2 TD's rushing, 2 fumbles (none lost).

SF: (Both Edwards and JP)

Edwards first half: 64.0 QB rating, 112 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

JP second half: 78 QB rating, 93 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

JP Losman

Mia: 45.8 QB rating, 123 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fmb lost (3 total)

Jets: 45.7 QB rating, 148 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT, 1 Fmb lost (3 total)

Combination for 8 games of both:

1533 yds (191.6 per game), 8 total TD's (only 6 passing), 16 turnovers (12 INT's 4 lost Fumbles)...they also combined for 11 total fumbles.

And if you take out the KC game (our only win), this is what they did in the 7 losses that ended our season:

1260 yds (180 per game), 4 TD's, 16 turnovers (12 INT's, 4 lost fumbles).

Edwards had a very good game against KC, problem is, the other 7 games were atrocious by both Trent and JP. Not suprisingly we lost all 7 of them and only won the KC game.

This says a few things:

1. Coaching wasnt our biggest problem...no coach can win with that kind of play from the QB.

2. Offense was a much bigger problem than a lackluster pass rush.

3. Our QB's need to get better for this team to be good next year.

So, that being said, the signing of TO is HUGE for us, and may be enough to get us to the playoffs because he plays to Trents style of throwing. If he can make Trent better, and this offense can make big improvements, we will undoubtedly be a playoff team. So adding TO is a major improvement to the weakest side of the ball...the offense.

Our D was solid last year, espeically considering how long they and how often they were on the field when our offense couldnt do squat over this stretch. With a better showing from the offesne, our D has the potential to be top 10. And for the record, this list wasnt even all the bad games played by our QB's, just a highlight of the 8 games immediately following our 5-1 start.

The only reason we missed the playoffs last year was because of this:

After starting 5-1, this is what our QB's did in the next 8 games:

Edwards:

Mia: 67.2 QB rating, 227 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fmb lost (2 total)

Jets: 79.3 QB rating, 289 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT, 1 Fmb lost (1 total)

NE: 46.2 QB rating, 120 yds, 1 TD, 2 INT

CLE: 50.3 QB rating, 148 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT

KC: 121.0 QB rating, 273 tds, 2 TD, 0 INT, 2 TD's rushing, 2 fumbles (none lost).

SF: (Both Edwards and JP)

Edwards first half: 64.0 QB rating, 112 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

JP second half: 78 QB rating, 93 yds, 0 TD, 0 INT

JP Losman

Mia: 45.8 QB rating, 123 yds, 0 TD, 1 INT, 1 Fmb lost (3 total)

Jets: 45.7 QB rating, 148 yds, 1 TD, 3 INT, 1 Fmb lost (3 total)

Combination for 8 games of both:

1533 yds (191.6 per game), 8 total TD's (only 6 passing), 16 turnovers (12 INT's 4 lost Fumbles)...they also combined for 11 total fumbles.

And if you take out the KC game (our only win), this is what they did in the 7 losses that ended our season:

1260 yds (180 per game), 4 TD's, 16 turnovers (12 INT's, 4 lost fumbles).

Edwards had a very good game against KC, problem is, the other 7 games were atrocious by both Trent and JP. Not suprisingly we lost all 7 of them and only won the KC game.

This says a few things:

1. Coaching wasnt our biggest problem...no coach can win with that kind of play from the QB.

So, that being said, the signing of TO is HUGE for us, and may be enough to get us to the playoffs because he plays to Trents style of throwing. If he can make Trent better, and this offense can make big improvements, we will undoubtedly be a playoff team. So adding TO is a major improvement to the weakest side of the ball...the offense.

Our D was solid last year, espeically considering how long they and how often they were on the field when our offense couldnt do squat over this stretch. With a better showing from the offesne, our D has the potential to be top 10. And for the record, this list wasnt even all the bad games played by our QB's, just a highlight of the 8 games immediately following our 5-1 start.

I agree 100% with everything you've said here.

This says a few things:

I've been saying this for months now.

He said the same thing about Anthony Thomas 3 years ago saying he was fine with him starting, then the Bills drafted Lynch. Don't believe any pre-draft discussion, most of it is posturing.

Not saying he's not telling the truth, but at this point you can never be sure.

Totally agree. In fact, by saying he's comfortable with those guys we have a better idea of where they're going in the draft...

Folks tend to forget that with a 25th ranked offense, it takes a pretty solid defense to avoid continual blow outs, let alone WIN.

The amazing thing is, given the loss of Schobel, 18 starts by the DB's, Crowell, and Digi, there was just 1 blowout: the Cards game. Now I'd still love the Bills to find another starting OLB and some DL help, as well as a LG and TE. And I think they can do that in FA and the draft.