Mark Sanchez is screwed

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the battle of Flutie Vs. Johnson, I leaned on the Johnson side. But in all fairness, Flutie produced the regular season wins to get us into the playoffs.

In all fairness, the Bills, lead by their defense, produced the regular season wins to get the team to the playoffs.

In all fairness, the Bills, lead by their defense, produced the regular season wins to get the team to the playoffs.

You're too polite. It was the damn defense that won those games. The 99 version of Flutie was a distant second to the 98 version. Once defenses caught up with him, it was one batted down throw after another. What many forget is that our O-Line was pretty dismal and both Fina and Hicks were pretty banged up. Fina couldn't finish the game and Hicks who missed much of the first half and came into the game injured, gutted it out in the second half when his backup was getting toasted by Kearse. Had we won that game, our O-line may have consisted of Curley, Larry, and Moe....

Maybe he'll be a better coach than Quarterback, Rob Johnson that is. Look at Jason Garrett, Gary Kubiak, Jim Zorn, Rick Neuheisel, Jim Harbaugh. I think it's safe to say that their coaching already exceeds what they accomplished as a QB, except for Harbaugh possibly.

Maybe he'll be a better coach than Quarterback, Rob Johnson that is. Look at Jason Garrett, Gary Kubiak, Jim Zorn, Rick Neuheisel, Jim Harbaugh. I think it's safe to say that their coaching already exceeds what they accomplished as a QB, except for Harbaugh possibly.

Zorn was a pretty decent QB, too.

Yeah, Flutie relied on the defense to win games...but Johnson could never win games, no matter what. Flutie, easily. He was mediocre, while Johnson was god awful.

If RJ was "god awful", what does that make Losman? :thumbsup:

And if by "screwed" you mean cashing in on a mega-million dollar payday and sitting pretty the rest of your life...well, who among us wouldn't love to be screwed?

Had to laugh, though, at that whole opening sequence as he discusses his "toned body" during the Lactic Acid Flush/Tofu-Cucumber Wrap Therapy ("Coach Johnson knows my body" ?? :thumbsup:). His whole manner reminds me of what I imagine a young RJ might have been like. Ah, the eternal wellspring of young blood in the water for feasting NFL defensive sharks.

Extra credit for his hot girlfriend, however!

http://manofest.com/images/rsgallery/displ...sanchez.jpg.jpg

No way. Zorn was a terrific QB on bad teams. He has a long way to go before he is a better coach than QB.

Yeah, Flutie relied on the defense to win games...but Johnson could never win games, no matter what. Flutie, easily. He was mediocre, while Johnson was god awful.

Both were bad. And if Johnson couldn't win games then what was the last game of the regular season? He was terrific in that one and damn good in Tennessee. Both were bad. Neither much worse than the other.

But if only we had gotten Flutie a year or two earlier when he hadn't lost that little bit of arm strength that he needed ... He could have taken us a long long way.

At the time, I supported whoever the coaches named as the starter. But there was no question that the Flutie fans were much more obnoxious than the Johnson fans at the time.

It's hard to imagine, this long after, that anyone can be nostalgic about the tenure of Rob Johnson with the Bills. He was simply awful.

Flutie had a fraction of the physical tools that RJ had, but he was far more intellegent, he was far tougher (RJ was injured when he fell on the football!) and he was a fierce competitor. RJ was a big kitty.

Both were bad.

Yes, with Johnson it was mor mental ... he's like Losman in that while physically gifted, the game is too fast for them. They can't see the field and make decisions fast enough.

Flutie, it was his lack of arm strngth. He was able to compensate for his size, but he didn't have the arm strength at he end to make plays. Once teams took his legs away by keeping him in the pocket, he was done.

In the battle of Flutie Vs. Johnson, I leaned on the Johnson side. But in all fairness, Flutie produced the regular season wins to get us into the playoffs.

Yeah and if Johnson had been playing special teams I guess we could blame him for the Tennessee loss.

johnsons big problem was being a china doll. he had skills and athleticism. ultimately both failed, and moulds made them both look better than they ever were, but rj did go on to win tb two critical games on their way to a superbowl, including an epic monday night win, while flutie went on a 9 game losing streak and was one lucky missed fg against the bills from an 11 game losing streak.

flutie fans are sub human and i suspect most losman fans were flutie fans. flutie and rj are head and shoulders above jp, who is the worst qb to ever get 30 starts in nfl history.