Pat Thomas

BillsVet

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His agent is Bus Cook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just kidding...carry on

Ugh, this is from Chris Brown on BB.com

Thomas has also played outside linebacker in his career, so if the report is accurate Thomas could be viewed as a potential replacement for Angelo Crowell who just signed with Tampa Bay earlier today.

Please no, come on Bills...you can do waaaaaay better

I'm not ecstatic over this move but I do feel better about missing out on Crowell because I believe that the Bills' brass didn't think too much of Crowell other than him just being more of a depth LB.

I hate to say this but we are not signing any more top names out there we just filled are olb PAT THOMAS

I agree at some level. If the Bills can sign decent players for a good price and 1 year deals, they may sign more.

However, it does not makes senses to sign more to me because they plan to fill their needs in the Draft and may a Trade.

We will be Drafting or Trading for the following:

1. TE

2. DE (that may also play LB on 1st and 2nd down) think Maybin/E. Brown/Cushing/Barwin

3. OG/C

Those are the key spots left to be filled, right? It is not too far fetched to think we can get those guys in Rounds 1-3 or 1-2 and a trade. Then we fill in for depth at S, OG/C, DT, RB and other positions with the rest of the draft. Add in an OT with the Round 1 pick we get (and more) if Peters forces a trade.

Another thought I have is they really like Alvin Bowen or Derek Fine and feel they can step up into starter roles this year. Both are possible game 1 starters guys depending on how the draft breaks for us.

That's a terrible move. We've basically just added depth at the position with another terrible LB.

Then again, a team that felt fine with Ellison probably enjoys the signing of a sixth round pick who played 9 games with the team we were able to score 50+ points on.

Why is this a terrible move? The team needs bodies for camp, and preseason. It's only a terrible move if they don't make any better moves to address the LB situation.

Really? Going with the Madden stats? You either had it memorized or went straight to Madden to look it up, which tells me a lot.

:thumbsup: I'm sort of curious if everything you post on this board is this trite. Condescending much?

Maybe they are doing one year deals because DJ will be gone if the Bills do not make the playoffs. This way the new coach can bring in there type of players. Maybe the front office has the big picture in mind?

If thats true, they may as well fire DJ now and get it over with. If they

won't "give him the tools", he's already out the door.

Don't know a thing about Thomas other than he had decent stats from last

year, his only real year starting.

Weren't the Bills pretty high on Bowen last year and wasn't he having a

decent camp prior to being injured? Maybe he's the answer according

to them.

Leon Joe must not be answering his phone.

Yeah, KFC requires that you turn off your cell phone during your shift.

And I don't know what everyone's talking about as far as Thomas. His stats speak for himself. As far as I can remember, he's had a solid career with the Chiefs:

Derrick Thomas

Glossary · ProBowl(*), 1st-team All-Pro(+)

Def Interceptions Fumbles Tackles

Year Age Tm Pos G GS Sk Int Yds TD Lng PD FF Fmb FR Yds TD Tkl Ast Sfty

1989* 22 KAN ROLB 16 16 10.0 3 0 1 0 0 75

1990*+ 23 KAN ROLB 15 15 20.0 6 0 2 14 0 63

1991*+ 24 KAN ROLB 16 15 13.5 4 0 4 23 1 79

1992* 25 KAN RLB/rolb 16 16 14.5 8 0 3 0 1 67

1993* 26 KAN ROLB 16 15 8.0 4 0 1 86 1 43

1994* 27 KAN RLB 16 15 11.0 3 0 3 11 0 65 6 1

1995* 28 KAN ROLB 15 15 8.0 2 0 1 0 0 48 5

1996* 29 KAN LOLB 16 14 13.0 4 0 1 0 0 47 8

1997* 30 KAN LOLB 12 10 9.5 3 0 0 0 0 28 6 1

1998 31 KAN LOLB 15 10 12.0 2 0 2 27 1 33 9 1

1999 32 KAN LLB 16 16 7.0 1 20 0 20 2 0 1 0 0 53 7

Career 169 157 126.5 1 20 0 20 41 0 19 161 4 601 41 3

Maybe they are doing one year deals because DJ will be gone if the Bills do not make the playoffs. This way the new coach can bring in there type of players. Maybe the front office has the big picture in mind?

Why don't they just fire him now then, if they aren't going to get him any playoff caliber players?

Lets look at it this way. Maybe the bills signed a scrub to keep on the roster and told him during the interview that all they want him to do is take out Brady's knee on the first play of the first game we play the Pats. Told him that after he is banned from the league he will be set for life. :thumbsup:

Of all the LB's they brought in for interviews, they sign the worst? Go figure, my guess is he was the cheapest $$$$$

If the Bills do not draft a LB early, I think they will sign one of the other guys.

Not many teams run the cover 2. June and Keiaho will still be available in May.

Why is this a terrible move? The team needs bodies for camp, and preseason. It's only a terrible move if they don't make any better moves to address the LB situation.

Exactly. Every club has a revolving door with players like this, in camp and preseason as you say, and also during the season as players get nicked up.

Exactly. Every club has a revolving door with players like this, in camp and preseason as you say, and also during the season as players get nicked up.

Reading comments from Chiefs fans saying "good riddance" and the guy sucked here, I hope this signing was for the league minimum and this move serves as nothing more than roster filler. If he sucked with the Chiefs, he'll pretty much suck anywhere!

I get the feeling this is the FA LB signing for the offseason. We all ready have Digiorgio, Ellison, Buggs, Bowen, Poz, Mitchel and now Thomas.

I hate out LB depth, or lack thereof. Would Digiorgio or Corto be on any other roster in the NFL? They suck. I hope this is an upgrade for depth. I hope he is fast cause Pos and Mitchel look like they are in quicksand.

Per the ESPN Scouting on Thomas:

"Thomas is a young, developing linebacker who is best suited in a Tampa 2 system based on his size and athletic skills. He is a versatile player who can play both inside and outside. He has been a productive special teams player in the past."

If he is the starting OLB then I don't like the move but hopefully he is a depth/special teams guy, which I am guessing is the reason they signed him.

I am starting to get a feeling that the bills may go LB in the 1st round, there are studs out there at this position and the DE position is full of undersized players.

The Bills must hit a homerun with there 1st rounder this year

I hate out LB depth, or lack thereof. Would Digiorgio or Corto be on any other roster in the NFL? They suck. I hope this is an upgrade for depth. I hope he is fast cause Pos and Mitchel look like they are in quicksand.

With his size, would Ellison be thought of for a second as a potential starter at LB anywhere else?

i know logic isn't well received 'round these parts, but isn't it possible he's been signed ot compete with Buggs, costanzo, etc for a ST spot as opposed to start?

Of course. They bring in guys like this, all the time. They are bodies, but if they stand out, they have a chance to compete for ST play, and backup time.

For those who think the Bills are looking at Thomas as an answer at starting LB, where's the press conference? The hubbub?

And......the Bills are back to mediocrocy and free agent bargan shopping

The pats make signings like this every year. If they work out, great - if not, they get cut.

Bargian shopping is a great way to use free agency.

Reading comments from Chiefs fans saying "good riddance" and the guy sucked here, I hope this signing was for the league minimum and this move serves as nothing more than roster filler. If he sucked with the Chiefs, he'll pretty much suck anywhere!

chefs fans were also saying good riddance to kawika mitchell, and he turned out to be more than decent.