Natasha Richardson

Wacka

According to several sources, she is either in a coma or brain-dead from a fall she had on a beginner's slope at a ski resort in Quebec. She had a fall and bumped her head but said she was OK. Within an hour, she was unconscious.

They flew her from Montreal to NYC and her husband (Liam Neeson), mother (Vanessa Redgrave), sister (Joely Richardson) and family have all been to her bedside. The brain-dead statement is from relatives.

UPDATE: RIP

According to several sources, she is either in a coma or brain-dead from a fall she had on a beginner's slope at a ski resort in Quebec. She had a fall and bumped her head but said she was OK. Within an hour, she was unconscious.

They flew her from Montreal to NYC and her husband (Liam Neeson), mother (Vanessa Redgrave), sister (Joely Richardson) and family have all been to her bedside. The brain-dead statement is from relatives.

UPDATE: RIP

Am I the only one that did a double-take at the ambiguous phrasing above?

Wow... This is just crazy... I have been skiing for 36 years (41 now) and this is the first time I heard something like this... My 10 year son (skiing since 2) has lately been giving me guff about wearing a helmet... Of course I don't and he wonders why I make him... He is a strong skier... Yet this story gets you thinking. Maybe I should set a good example!?

RIP... :( Sad.

I wonder if those stories they say about the karate moves to the head are true... You know the wild stories about the innoucous hit to the brain that causes death many hours later...

:blink::unsure:

In a CNN article, some neurologist was saying this was the classic "talk and die" syndrome that accompanies many head traumas. You can talk just fine after the incident, but the slow bleed in the brain causes it to swell and then it's lights out very quickly. Very tragic.