Natasha Richardson

Wacka

In a CNN article, some neurologist was saying this was the classic "talk and die" syndrome that accompanies many head traumas. You can talk just fine after the incident, but the slow bleed in the brain causes it to swell and then it's lights out very quickly. Very tragic.

Tha gets me thinking of this:

Touch of Death

There is also video out there (funny) that shows this dude touching the guy on the head... The big guy scuffs and walks away while the little dude says: "You will see!" Hours later the big dude keels over while eating.

I wonder if such subtle, innoucous hits in the right place can cause this... :blink:

Wow... This is just crazy... I have been skiing for 36 years (41 now) and this is the first time I heard something like this... My 10 year son (skiing since 2) has lately been giving me guff about wearing a helmet... Of course I don't and he wonders why I make him... He is a strong skier... Yet this story gets you thinking. Maybe I should set a good example!?

RIP... :( Sad.

I wonder if those stories they say about the karate moves to the head are true... You know the wild stories about the innoucous hit to the brain that causes death many hours later...

:rolleyes::(

Dude, get one. Finally hit me this year. I am 46, first year I have worn a helmet. They are warm, comfotable, and I never even realize I am wearing it. We jsut got back from Tahoe, and I have not been able to convince her to get one, the vanity thing and all. Afetr this news came out, she promised to get on for next season.

BTW RIP

Dude, get one. Finally hit me this year. I am 46, first year I have worn a helmet. They are warm, comfotable, and I never even realize I am wearing it. We jsut got back from Tahoe, and I have not been able to convince her to get one, the vanity thing and all. Afetr this news came out, she promised to get on for next season.

BTW RIP

True. I hear you... My son's is really nice... It is a R.e.d (Burton) and has all the nice features... Doesn't look dorky too! Has the slide air vents and pocket for portable audio devices, what not... And all black too.

Yet, still a vanity thing with me though... :thumbsup::worthy: I just bought a nice new Spyder toque! :devil: