Cutler formally asks to be traded

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Broncos management sounds disfunctional. People here complain about the BILLS hahaha. I am sorry but Josh Mcndaniels is retarded. The Bronces lack defensive players and they are worried about a QB?

This is by far the most stupid move a new young head coach could have done, the one solid position on the team that doesn't need an upgrade and they screw with his head. My take is the owner brought in Josh McDaniels to help improve the passing game and offense and he is blowing up the team. If he wanted to screw with someone why not the real screw up, Brandon Marshall who can't seem to stay out of trouble?

Just from watching this drama unfold it is apparent to me that Pat Bowlen will be looking for a another head coach soon.

Sorry I have to side with Cutler here...the Broncos have made him feel about as unwelcome as you could make a player feel, and then their new coach lied to his face about not trying to trade for Cassel, then admitted he did try and trade for Cassel 2 weeks later. In my mind the guy can't be trusted, and Cutler has every right to be PO'd about it. If they are willing to treat the player their franchise is supposedly built around, imagine what they will do to other players...bet they will go into camp having no trust in this guy and the way he will treat them...

I mean really think about it. How would you feel if your boss had meetings with potential new hires to replace you, never said anything to you about any issues he had with you or things he wanted you to improve on, smiled to your face and told you how they want you here and are glad to have you, and then 2 weeks later admits that he was trying to replace you, and that they still could replace you even though the person they wanted chose another job. You would feel really good wouldn't you? Bet you would go to work and still have the same relationship as before with your boss right? Give me a break...that relationship is dead for all intents and purposes...if you think everything would be just fine like nothing happened either you are clueless about inter-personal relationships or you enjoy letting people lie to your face...

Totally agree here, what kind of a moron coach messes with his QB's head? Seriously, can anyone name a better player on that Bronco team, any other players make the pro bowl? McDaniels is a retard for wanting to bring in Matt Cassel to replace Cutler.

The Bronco's had the #2 overall offense in the NFL last year and here is the new head coach screwing it all up,amazing :thumbsup:

Sorry to all the Cutler haters, but I think he has every right to be pissed. Also, I would love to have a QB in Buffalo that was a little brash, like Cutler. The guy has tremendous faith in his abilities...kind of reminds me a little of a HOF'er that used to play in Buffalo. I think he will be one of the elite QB's in the leauge over the next 10 years, provided he doesn't get traded to a really inept franchise...

McDaniel is already making the same mistakes that all of Belechiks' other protegees' made. He is assuming that his association with BB gives him carte blanch to be a dick to his players, you know, treating them like they are commodity's or company assets. While that may be ultimately true, being so cavalier does not serve the team well.What he is forgetting, BB has a few Super Bowl rings on his finger. Nothing new though... Belechik did the same thing to Bernie Kosar when he came to Cleveland. It didn't help him there. I suspect that Cutler will be starting somewhere in the NFL, winning games, and putting up nice stats, long after McDaneil is the Broncos ex-head coach.

One of the rare instances in which I tend to disagree with you bt.

Imo, fans are seduced bt the fact that Cutler has a very strong arm. After watching RJ and Losman, this facet of quarterback play means less and less to me. Cutler has great fantasy football numbers as well, but his w/l record is not so great, and he played on a good team with a superb coach.

I guess what threw me was the comparison to Kelly. A case could be made that Kelly played his entire career on an "inept franchise." After all the injuries, Kelly had less tools than Cutler, but Kelly was a winner.

I think that what turned me off to Cutler the most was his comment about having a better arm than Elway. Even if it were true (and perhaps he does have a stronger arm wrt 1 or 2 types of throws), it was so over the top idiotic that it stunned me. Maybe Cutler has a longer deep out (not so sure), but Elway threw 50 yard passes accross the field with no air under the ball, and on the run to boot. He was a baseball center fielder, and could throw 40 yard fastballs with ease.

Either way, it showed me that Cutler was either crazy or very dumb. It would be like A-Roid telling us that he is stronger than Mickey Mantle, a New York legend and hero. If he goes to the jests, I will be less worried than many posters. They are snakebitten and their coach, while he sounds like a cool guy, hasn't proven a damn thing.

In summary, I don't blame the coach for trying to get rid of him. I'm not all that impressed either.

I know this subject has been beaten to death - but if I were the GM of the Bills - and I heard Cutler was on the block - I would be on the phone doing whatever I could to get him. I wouldn't give away the teams future but I would definately put together a fair and competitive offer.

This team has not had a consistantly winning team in how long? And it seems to me that drought coincides with how long they have had solid leadership at the QB position.

no, basically he feels like McDaniels and Xanders are snakes, and tehy are full of sh*t, which he is probably right. They attempted to get Cassel, without letting him know anything, and now they are attempting to deny it. Great way to start their GM and coaching careers...by alienating one of the better young QB's in the NFL, and likely a QB a lot of NFL teams would love to have...

Oh well, guess it goes to show them not to do stupid things, get caught and then try and deny them...

Cutler has every reason to be pissed and apparently things got worse when they met face to face with Cutler shouting at McDaniels...this is not gonna work...they have to move Cutler, because you cannot have one of the team leaders basically having no respect for the coach or GM because of the way they have treated him and their attempts to do shady stuff behind his back, then lie to his face when they get caught that they weren't trying to do it...yeah whatever...

Are you serious?

Since when is it the GM's or coaches duty to inform the player of possible trade scenarios.

Btw,

I hope Detroit gets him.

Imo, fans are seduced bt the fact that Cutler has a very strong arm. After watching RJ and Losman, this facet of quarterback play means less and less to me. Cutler has great fantasy football numbers as well, but his w/l record is not so great, and he played on a good team with a superb coach.

I guess what threw me was the comparison to Kelly. A case could be made that Kelly played his entire career on an "inept franchise." After all the injuries, Kelly had less tools than Cutler, but Kelly was a winner.

I think that what turned me off to Cutler the most was his comment about having a better arm than Elway. Even if it were true (and perhaps he does have a stronger arm wrt 1 or 2 types of throws), it was so over the top idiotic that it stunned me. Maybe Cutler has a longer deep out (not so sure), but Elway threw 50 yard passes accross the field with no air under the ball, and on the run to boot. He was a baseball center fielder, and could throw 40 yard fastballs with ease.

Either way, it showed me that Cutler was either crazy or very dumb. It would be like A-Roid telling us that he is stronger than Mickey Mantle, a New York legend and hero. If he goes to the jests, I will be less worried than many posters. They are snakebitten and their coach, while he sounds like a cool guy, hasn't proven a damn thing.

In summary, I don't blame the coach for trying to get rid of him. I'm not all that impressed either.

This is silly. These arguments are getting dumber and dumber.

RJ and Losman would have to combine their best seasons to have a better output than Cutler last year. The guy had NO defense--they gave up 6000 yards and 448 points!! He put up big numbers by throwing the ball---that's what he's paid to do! Who would knock a guy for last season? The same guys on this site who would be RAVING if JP or Edwards ever produced like this.

You want "stunning"? How about your claim that Kelly played with less "tools" than Cutler did last year? Come on---how can a Bills fan much such a careless statement?

McDaniels is a boob----like every other BB exPat to leave the nest (Romeo, Weis, Mangina.....). It is mind-blowing that Bowen paid $15 million to fire Shanahan so he could pick up this kid.

Having an opinion about his ego and about him as a player are two different things. He said he had a better arm - a point which is debatable. But he did not say he was a better QB than Elway. So IMO, that statement of his was quite minor and not really very arrogant.

Secondly, he has put up good numbers - a lot better than most of our recent QBs. We now have good receivers also and there is no reason to believe he won't put up similar numbers in Buffalo, given a decent OL. (Note: the OL is a different discussion. With the same OL, I think Cutler will put up better numbers than Edwards).

I really want Buffalo to be a player in the Cutler sweepstakes and hope we get him.

You want "stunning"? How about your claim that Kelly played with less "tools" than Cutler did last year? Come on---how can a Bills fan much such a careless statement?

Sorry, I wasn't clear.

I meant less physical tools. Kelly at the end was all banged up, partially due to having no blocking. In terms of supporting cast (this is what I probably appeared to be referring to), Kelly had great players around him during the superbowls years. Then, they seemed to all age at once and we drafted cornerbacks.

Well I disagree. Without Cuntler last year Broncos are 2 win team. He knows this and thats why he feels under appreciated and wants out. The guy was a leader on the field, reads defenses, did whatever it took to win games and made clutch throws. Comparisons to a dolt like Jeff George are wholly unfounded.

Cutler throwing deep bombs to a single covered Evans because DBs can't cheat with TO underneath would rival the year Brady had with Moss and Welker.