Cutler formally asks to be traded

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That comment suggests you think Jake Cutler is a franchise QB? Based on what? How many rings does he have? How many playoff wins? How about winning one game out of 4 last season to cinch a playoff berth? The qualifications to become a franchise QB seem pretty flimsy.

PTR

Not really. He has produced at an efficient level for 3 years now. He has never missed a game at the NFL level or college level. He made the probowl in his third season. He played his first two years with untreated type 1 diabetes, lost 33 pounds during the season last year, and didn't miss a game. What were you hoping, he'd play SS and help shore up the defense as well?

Not really. He has produced at an efficient level for 3 years now. He has never missed a game at the NFL level or college level. He made the probowl in his third season. He played his first two years with untreated type 1 diabetes, lost 33 pounds during the season last year, and didn't miss a game. What were you hoping, he'd play SS and help shore up the defense as well?

That he would make more efficient use of the talent he has around him. That is the only knock i have on him.

As in his offensive line gives him time to wait for his receivers to get open down the field.

Did they also throw the football downfield and complete 384 passes to the tune of 4000+ yards? Or was that the QUARTERBACK? Man, I don't even dislike Trent, and am not all-in on the idea of this type of trade, but your argument against Cutler is possibly the most dumb and ignorant collection of thoughts I've ever witnessed on this site.

Did they also throw the football downfield and complete 384 passes to the tune of 4000+ yards? Or was that the QUARTERBACK? Man, I don't even dislike Trent, and am not all-in on the idea of this type of trade, but your argument against Cutler is possibly the most dumb and ignorant collection of thoughts I've ever witnessed on this site.

Are you honestly this inept at reading comprehension? Throwing for a lot of yards in the NFL is irrelevant. It's about how efficient you are at doing it, and Cutler is about average in that department. You can trumpet your numbers all you want (which are devoid of context), but when it comes down to it... Cutler has elite talent lining up next to him, yet he has been nothing more than average.

Wow...that screams hall of fame. ;)

PTR

I think you aren't being efficient enough with your honesty, in regards to your favorite team.

Show me what efficiency markers cutler is elite at.

You cant, because there are none. He's average.

division crown easily ;)

Ok Alpha, settle down

The AFC East is a lot better than the AFC West.

The AFC West has the Raiders and the Chiefs, which would easily be the worst team in our division, and the Broncos get to play them twice a year.

I think you mean if Edwards was in the AFC West, division crown easily. Edwards was a big reason why the Bills beat Raiders, Chargers, KC and Broncos.

Come on Magox...be a little more objective here...Edwards didnt beat those teams, the Bills did...and our division was not that tough last year as the records suggest...we should have won both Mia games, both Jets games and at least one NE game if not both, but we lost all of them as the combined QB play between Edwards and JP was atrocious in those games...

A better QB in them and we win at min 4 of the 6 and likely take all 6. We werent out of a single one of those games, we just couldnt score on offense...

We easily win our division with Cutler last year IMHO...

;):doh:

Teams possibly interested in Cutler:

Bills

Jets

Bears

Lions

Vikings

Buccaneers

49ers

I can't think of any other teams that would pursue him. The Bills look like the only team with a QB that could be traded to them. I'm not at all saying this could happen but this could be interesting.

You forgot the Browns who are a big player in this game with D. Anderson and Quinn...

Are you honestly this inept at reading comprehension? Throwing for a lot of yards in the NFL is irrelevant. It's about how efficient you are at doing it, and Cutler is about average in that department. You can trumpet your numbers all you want (which are devoid of context), but when it comes down to it... Cutler has elite talent lining up next to him, yet he has been nothing short of average.

Okay, so basically what you're saying is you can through out your stupid 4.8 YPC and 11 sacks given up ( ;) ) building your argument against Cutler, but myself pointing out the 4800 yards and 25 touchdowns he threw last year is irrelevant? Makes a lot of sense. And "elite" talent. The only players on his offense that are even close to being "elite" are Marshall and possibly Ryan Clady, but he has only one year under his belt as far as body of work. Who else on that offense is any better than a little above average? And please don't mention Daniel Graham and his 32 catches like you did on one of your previous Bronco list-offs.

Show me what efficiency markers cutler is elite at.

You cant, because there are none. He's average.

Let's say for the sake of your lame argument that he has performed average his first two seasons. Where does that put Edward's performance?

Take the blinders off people. Cutler had 2 #1 receivers, a top flight TE, one of the best Olines in football, and an offensive coach. Yet he managed a 7.35 YPA (.13 better than trent) an 86 QB rating (.6 better than Trent). Put him on the Bills, and there is no way he does anywhere close to as well.

Let's say for the sake of your lame argument that he has performed average his first two seasons. Where does that put Edward's performance?

QB rating:

Cutler- 86

Edwards- 85.4

YPA:

Cutler- 7.35

Edwards 7.22

Edwards had much less talent around him.

Who said anything about the HOF? You and I both know that this resume is pretty solid. You can call it what you like but your just losing credibility with each post.

No. YOU say his resume is solid. I say he's done jack squat. All I see is people who are looking for the next shiny object. We can argue about Edwards potential, but I've seen enough of Jake Cutler to know that he's more hype than anything. Never mind his childish antics.

PTR

You know who else threw for 4000 yds.

http://www.detroitlions.com/bio.cfm?bio_id=366&season=9

and it was back to back.

let's not confuse yards thrown with a winning quality qb.

His talents are hard to ignore, and he is a classic gunslinger.

But you have to admit. He has been a boneheaded qb when it counted, and he hasn't had the moxy to pull through for his team when they needed him the most.

Remember,

The Broncos had the AFC West won. The Chargers were basically out of it with three games left to go. All they had to do was win one game.

QB rating of 74, 73, 74 2 tds and 4 int's, in his last three games. The pressure was on, they had the big lead, they pretty much had it wrapped up, and he had 3 of his more mediocre games of the year, when it counted most.

That is a fact. It is something to consider.

I am bringing up a fair point aren't I?

Edwards is a more cerebral qb, don't you think it would be wise for us to evaluate him, now that he has more talent, after his second season?