Cutler formally asks to be traded

Anyone who thinks the Bills should get Cutler IMO are friggin IDIOTS! Seriously how stupid does this sound? Do you people actually think about this crap before you open your mouths?

Yea guys! Lets get a guy that hasn't done jack sh-- the entire time he's been in Denver!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm...I think I remember that game...it was against the Houston Texans, (two 83 yard td passes to #83 Lee Evans), I was there, and I think we actually won that game...but I understand your point. I just think that people critcizing Cutler, by saying fantasy stats don't necessarily make a great QB, are simplifying things a bit. Point out every bad play, this very young NFL QB has made, and someone else, intimately familiar with the nuances of the Broncos, can likely come up with a great play that he made...he is still learning...IMO, playing under Shanahan has accelerated his learning. He has been very productive, on some very flawed teams. As a part-time Broncos fan, I can't believe what a mess this has become, and that Pat Bowlan is letting it happen. Your point about Cutlers W-L record contributing to this is kind of silly...they just fired their long tenured coach, after nearly a decade of mediocre finishes. Cutler has been maybe the brightest spots for the franchise

since Elway hung it up. He is hardly the biggest issue the Broncos have...or, maybe until two weeks ago...

Here is the game I was talking about.

Cutler is good. I just think that he should win more games to be considered as great as many here think.

Anyone who thinks the Bills should get Cutler IMO are friggin IDIOTS! Seriously how stupid does this sound? Do you people actually think about this crap before you open your mouths?

Yea guys! Lets get a guy that hasn't done jack sh-- the entire time he's been in Denver!

You're right. Throwing for 4500+ yards, 25 touchdowns, and making the Pro-Bowl is doing jack sh-- in the NFL. Good stuff.

This logic is so !@#$ed up it's unreal. If you wouldn't take Cutler over Edwards at this point in their careers, than you really need to open your eyes. I really like Trent a lot, but Cutler has more talent and swagger in his pinky finger than Edwards has all together. I don't give a sh-- if Cutler hasn't won yet - he's on a terrible team. Putting him with Evans and Owens would give us an offense we haven't seen in 15 years.

This logic is so !@#$ed up it's unreal. If you wouldn't take Cutler over Edwards at this point in their careers, than you really need to open your eyes. I really like Trent a lot, but Cutler has more talent and swagger in his pinky finger than Edwards has all together. I don't give a sh-- if Cutler hasn't won yet - he's on a terrible team. Putting him with Evans and Owens would give us an offense we haven't seen in 15 years.

Agreed. And for all those people talking about how Cutler hasn't won in Denver, even going 8-8 is accomplishing something IMO when your defense is an absolute sieve that gives up an AVERAGE of over 28 points per game.

bull sh--. You put Cutler on this team, he probably wouldn't have a QB rating over 80. He was sacked 11 times on 600+ passes in Denver. Edwards was sacked 23 times on less than 400. Not to mention Denver was second in the league with 4.8 yards per rush.

bull sh--. You put Cutler on this team, he probably wouldn't have a QB rating over 80. He was sacked 11 times on 600+ passes in Denver. Edwards was sacked 23 times on less than 400. Not to mention Denver was second in the league with 4.8 yards per rush.

;) Since when is it a BAD thing for a quarterback to get rid of the ball and not take sacks? Are you incinuating this is a negative thing on Cutler? That is absurd. And don't tell me that the difference in the two sack stats for the quarterbacks is all offensive line play. Gimme a break.

;) Since when is it a BAD thing for a quarterback to get rid of the ball and not take sacks? Are you incinuating this is a negative thing on Cutler? That is absurd. And don't tell me that the difference in the two sack stats for the quarterbacks is all offensive line play. Gimme a break.

For a QB that throws so many times... yeah it's the offensive line (#2 in the NFL in YPC, too). I'm not "incinuating" that it's bad, just saying the talent around him makes it much easier to play decently. He wouldn't be anywhere near as good if he were on the Bills. Not to mention Cutler hangs onto the ball.

;)

You just lost all crediability with this post...

You act like there are no weapons in Buffalo...ever hear of Evans, Lynch, and Jackson? Not to mention Reed is not bad either...Hell, Evans last really good year was catching passes from JP for crying out loud...Cutler on this teams equals divisional crown last year easily...

;)

You act like there are no weapons in Buffalo...ever hear of Evans, Lynch, and Jackson? Not to mention Reed is not bad either...Hell, Evans last really good year was catching passes from JP for crying out loud...Cutler on this teams equals divisional crown last year easily...

Heh, are you seriously comparing Denver's offense with ours? Really? Cutler had 2 #1 receivers, a very good pass catching TE, one the top Olines in football, and an offensive minded coach in Shanahan. What did the Bills have? one #1 receiver, 2 RBs, an average (at best) Oline, and a #3 receiver. Cutler only managed an 86 QB rating with all that talent surrounding him.

Maybe you should take Cutler's balls out of your mouth and actually compare the two rosters.

For a QB that throws so many times... yeah it's the offensive line (#2 in the NFL in YPC, too). I'm not "incinuating" that it's bad, just saying the talent around him makes it much easier to play decently. He wouldn't be anywhere near as good if he were on the Bills.

That logic is ridiculous. The more times a quarterback drops back to pass, the more chances there are for him to be sacked. There are just as many sacks taken in this league that are the quarterbacks fault as there on the offensive line. Particularly when you are talking about young quarterbacks. Here you have a guy who attempted over 600 passes in just his second full season as a starter and was only sacked 11 times. That is impressive as hell and is just as much a result of getting rid of the football efficiently as it is offensive line play. And what is it with the repetitive 4.8 ypc stuff? Teams like Houston, Washington, Chicago, etc all had very good running games last year and their quarterbacks still sucked. What's your point?

:doh:

division crown easily ;)

Ok Alpha, settle down

The AFC East is a lot better than the AFC West.

The AFC West has the Raiders and the Chiefs, which would easily be the worst team in our division, and the Broncos get to play them twice a year.

I think you mean if Edwards was in the AFC West, division crown easily. Edwards was a big reason why the Bills beat Raiders, Chargers, KC and Broncos.

That logic is ridiculous. The more times a quarterback drops back to pass, the more chances there are for him to be sacked. There are just as many sacks taken in this league that are the quarterbacks fault as there on the offensive line. Particularly when you are talking about young quarterbacks. Here you have a guy who attempted over 600 passes in just his second full season as a starter and was only sacked 11 times. That is impressive as hell and is just as much a result of getting rid of the football efficiently as it is offensive line play. And what is it with the repetitive 4.8 ypc stuff? Teams like Houston, Washington, Chicago, etc all had very good running games last year and their quarterbacks still sucked. What's your point?

My point is that Cutler has a ton of offensive talent around him, and only managed to be average. Cutler's Oline was damn good last year, and if you can't see that... well... maybe you should watch another sport.

Also, if you watched Cutler... you would realize he's able to hold onto the ball.

Sorry I have to side with Cutler here...the Broncos have made him feel about as unwelcome as you could make a player feel, and then their new coach lied to his face about not trying to trade for Cassel, then admitted he did try and trade for Cassel 2 weeks later. In my mind the guy can't be trusted, and Cutler has every right to be PO'd about it. If they are willing to treat the player their franchise is supposedly built around, imagine what they will do to other players...bet they will go into camp having no trust in this guy and the way he will treat them...

I mean really think about it. How would you feel if your boss had meetings with potential new hires to replace you, never said anything to you about any issues he had with you or things he wanted you to improve on, smiled to your face and told you how they want you here and are glad to have you, and then 2 weeks later admits that he was trying to replace you, and that they still could replace you even though the person they wanted chose another job. You would feel really good wouldn't you? Bet you would go to work and still have the same relationship as before with your boss right? Give me a break...that relationship is dead for all intents and purposes...if you think everything would be just fine like nothing happened either you are clueless about inter-personal relationships or you enjoy letting people lie to your face...

Yeah, that's a back office sham. Cutler has every right to be angry. I wouldn't want to play for those scumbags either if I was Cutler. Cassel none the less? Cassel sucks. He won't do anything in KC this year. He played for a winning franchise that has consistantly been able to insert back up players and win.

Cutler has the best arm in the NFL today. I would trade Tent for Cutler in a heartbeat. I love Trent, but he has yet to develop into the franchise QB.

My point is that Cutler has a ton of offensive talent around him, and only managed to be average. Cutler's Oline was damn good last year, and if you can't see that... well... maybe you should watch another sport.

Also, if you watched Cutler... you would realize he's able to hold onto the ball.

When did I ever say that Denver didn't have a good offensive line? Just because they have a good offensive line doesn't make them the only ones responsible for Cutler being sacked just 11 times last year. And if you think it does, then maybe YOU should watch another sport. I don't even know what sport you're watching in the first place to call 4500 yards and 25 touchdowns from a third year quarterback "average". What a joke.

Yeah, that's a back office sham. Cutler has every right to be angry. I wouldn't want to play for those scumbags either if I was Cutler. Cassel none the less? Cassel sucks. He won't do anything in KC this year. He played for a winning franchise that has consistantly been able to insert back up players and win.

Cutler has the best arm in the NFL today. I would trade Tent for Cutler in a heartbeat. I love Trent, but he has yet to develop into the franchise QB.

That comment suggests you think Jake Cutler is a franchise QB? Based on what? How many rings does he have? How many playoff wins? How about winning one game out of 4 last season to cinch a playoff berth? The qualifications to become a franchise QB seem pretty flimsy.

PTR

I think thats important for a Qb.