Travis Henry "9 mouths to feed"

I can almost hear the Bills broadcast 20 years from now.

"Henry snaps the ball to Henry. Henry drops back looking for his favorite target, Henry, but he's double teamed by Henry and Henry. Henry pump fakes and eludes the heavy pressure from Henry. But now it looks like Henry is going to get him! No! A viscious block, right in the nick of time by Henry! Henry still with the ball, finally gets it off to his check down option, the running back Henry. Henry advancing to the 35, now the 40, breaks the tackle from Henry! Now to midfield, and finally ridden out of bounds by Henry! What a catch and run by Henry, of course none of it would have been possible without that brilliant block by Henry in the backfield. All the while, all four McGahees sit on the bench, sulking."

How about his grandkids, he can field both sides of the ball. I don't just mean the game field, I mean the entire field with his G-kids. Travis will be the GM, of course.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He deserves it - but damn, I feel bad for him.

You feel bad for him? Did you read the article? He signed with Denver in what, March of 2007? And the article said he's "only" earned 6.7 million out of his 25 million dollar five year contract since then. Well it's only been 24 months that he's earned 6.7 million dollars. Subtract 50% of that and that still comes out to just under $140,000.00 per month, right up to this month. With all of that, he can't afford the $170,000 per year in child support? That is only about 10% of his net earnings after taxes! What the hell did he do with the other 90% of the money the Broncos paid him?? In other words, Henry has managed to waste over $125,000.00 per freakin' month, every month for 2 years - and you feel bad for him? Oh wait, he's wasted more money then that, because he's been getting regularly sued by all 9 mothers for falling behind in that child support, that only totals around $14,000.00 per month.

And have I mentioned the drug charges? I can't feel bad for an idiot like this. With all of that money, he had every opportunity in the world to afford some help and mentoring in his childish selfish out of control "life" in the fast lane.

You feel bad for him? Did you read the article? He signed with Denver in what, March of 2007? And the article said he's "only" earned 6.7 million out of his 25 million dollar five year contract since then. Well it's only been 24 months that he's earned 6.7 million dollars. Subtract 50% of that and that still comes out to just under $140,000.00 per month, right up to this month. With all of that, he can't afford the $170,000 per year in child support? That is only about 10% of his net earnings after taxes! What the hell did he do with the other 90% of the money the Broncos paid him?? In other words, Henry has managed to waste over $125,000.00 per freakin' month, every month for 2 years - and you feel bad for him? Oh wait, he's wasted more money then that, because he's been getting regularly sued by all 9 mothers for falling behind in that child support, that only totals around $14,000.00 per month.

Thank you. Every single one of these guys has hit the lottery AND have the ability to hit it multiple times by simpling playing a game. Yet after pissing away more money in a couple years on nothing than most hard working people see in a lifetime, now it's "poor Travis"? Meh. There are literally billions of people more deserving of sympathy in this world.

Apparently, he is up to 11 kids now. He has an entire offensive unit now.

Well, at least he did not suggest that the Bills play some games in Toronto.

On a personal note, what a waste this is. Except for pass blocking, the guy had a lot of talent. He was not the best RB in the league, but he ran hard. If only he got more protection . . . .

On a personal note, what a waste this is. Except for pass blocking, the guy had a lot of talent. He was not the best RB in the league, but he ran hard. If only he got more protection . . . .

and catching, and fumbling.

But yeah other than that he ran real hard towards the called hole.

Link - 11 kids at the the end of the article

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/03/12/...en-myself-into/

or, if surgery seems like too drastic of an option... pull out???? :thumbsup:

I have a feeling that's the method he currently uses.

EDIT: DAMN, I totally blew that response. What I should have replied was:

Goddamn Irish!

I can almost hear the Bills broadcast 20 years from now.

"Henry snaps the ball to Henry. Henry drops back looking for his favorite target, Henry, but he's double teamed by Henry and Henry. Henry pump fakes and eludes the heavy pressure from Henry. But now it looks like Henry is going to get him! No! A viscious block, right in the nick of time by Henry! Henry still with the ball, finally gets it off to his check down option, the running back Henry. Henry advancing to the 35, now the 40, breaks the tackle from Henry! Now to midfield, and finally ridden out of bounds by Henry! What a catch and run by Henry, of course none of it would have been possible without that brilliant block by Henry in the backfield. All the while, all four McGahees sit on the bench, sulking."

:lol:

Memo to Travis - don't let the little head do the thinking for the big head. :cry:

You seem to think the big head is capable of actual thoughts.

It's a shame. He was a very good RB, He knew how to hit the hole...… :lol:

And he could really 'take a hit'.... :thumbsup:

Foo! :P

$170,000 a month works out to $18,000 per kid yearly. That seems like and awfully small amount for a kid who's father is a multi-millionaire.

I think the judge should have put a lump sum into an interest bearing account and have it doled out monthly and it would be a lot more than $18,000 a year if I were the judge. Henry's got to have a lot of assets to sell off. If he has to live in a one room apartment and have only one car and use a public defender then oh well.

I think the interest bearing accounts should have a million dollars each or divide by 9 the total money left over after the sale of his assets. He had the kids he has to man up and pay them.

Typical NYT liberal trash - turns a deadbeat dad into a 'victim'.

Here's my question: Why are so many conservatives (many "God fearing") such unfeeling and insensitive douchebags?

Is it hard to feel sorry for someone who may be, in many ways, responsible for his own problems? Why are those two things mutually exclusive?

You can be deadbeat trash, and responsible for your actions, and still be a victim, of sorts, and deserving of some compassion. Think more "Jesus and Mary Magdalene" and less "KKK".

You may need to register to read this. Travis says child support to his 9 baby mamas is breaking him.

PTR

It is really sad for the kids that they will grow up with a largely absentee father. Not saying that the many single mothers out there can't or don't do a good job raising kids but plenty of evidence to show that having a father present (in a constructive way) is important for kids to mature and do well as adults. Also not fair to the mothers in this situation.

It is really sad for the kids that they will grow up with a largely absentee father. Not saying that the many single mothers out there can't or don't do a good job raising kids but plenty of evidence to show that having a father present (in a constructive way) is important for kids to mature and do well as adults. Also not fair to the mothers in this situation.

Not saying this is the case with all of his kids, but in the article, he speaks about how many of the mothers told him they were on the pill. In any case where this is true, I wouldn't be nearly as worried about what's fair to the Mothers, although you're right that it sucks for his children.

That being said, he still has to man up for his own actions. And it's a little absurd that he kept believing these women; enough to father 9, or 11, or 101 kids.

Here's my question: Why are so many conservatives (many "God fearing") such unfeeling and insensitive douchebags?

Is it hard to feel sorry for someone who may be, in many ways, responsible for his own problems? Why are those two things mutually exclusive?

You can be deadbeat trash, and responsible for your actions, and still be a victim, of sorts, and deserving of some compassion. Think more "Jesus and Mary Magdalene" and less "KKK".

'in many ways, responsible'?? He is fully responsible for his own problems. No one made him have sex with all those women. That was his and their choice - he knew what could happen. One would think after number, say 4 or 5, he might catch on. He needs to deal with it, not play a victim.

Why are 'feelings' more important than one's behavior? Whatever happened to personal responsibility? And there is nothing funnier than liberals lecturing about religion.

'in many ways, responsible'?? He is fully responsible for his own problems. No one made him have sex with all those women. That was his and their choice - he knew what could happen. One would think after number, say 4 or 5, he might catch on. He needs to deal with it, not play a victim.

Why are 'feelings' more important than one's behavior? Whatever happened to personal responsibility? And there is nothing funnier than liberals lecturing about religion.

Who said feeling are MORE important than one's behavior? Certainly wasn't me. I asked why they were mutually exclusive? You don't seem to have an answer for that.

By the way, we are all responsible for our actions, but very few people are unswayed by outside forces. It doesn't excuse someone to acknowledge those outside forces, or feel some sympathy.

You can continue to sit at one extreme, and criticize a straw-man on the other extreme. I'm neither. I'm just regularly appalled by people who seem to be possessed by hate, and have absolutely no compassion for their fellow human beings.

(Now, I await another reply that mis-characterizes what I am saying.)

I agree that a father is needed for optimum care. The mothers here are conniving gold diggers. I'm not saying they shouldn't be compensated in order to care for the child but I have no sympathy for the mothers, just the kids.

Really? Why was Jesus called the Prince of Peace?